THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Those denims in that video look nice. The lighting worries me though. They dont look as blue... i like the grayish shade that video is suggesting they are, also looks more black on the denim.

Ignore the lighting. The denim and nubuck are as indigo as it gets. Definitely not black!
IMG_6258.JPG

I have a feeling the restock would be semi limited just like Flyknit Trainer OG. Hopefully they re-release the blue too. Thats the one Im going after.

Bring me the blues!! If I can cop at retail I'll get the reds as well. Got a pair of Ridgerocks in today but wife intercepted the package. Says I got to unds some more pairs before I can have possession of new inbounds. Guess I need more places to put the boxes of new shoes

for nike to release a shoe like the og red and og blue in limited quantities was just plain dumb. same with the flyknit trainer.

hopefully they'll make enough OGs for people to eat this time. seems like they are starting to play that limited hype game again.

for nike to release a shoe like the og red and og blue in limited quantities was just plain dumb. same with the flyknit trainer.

hopefully they'll make enough OGs for people to eat this time. seems like they are starting to play that limited hype game again.
Disagree. It's frustrating for us but it's all about hype for them. This thread was nuts for a month. If they made a million, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Small batch to build hype and then more later works out for everyone.

wasn't yesterday's retro release of the flyknit trainer pretty wide?

if I recall correctly, one of the guys who claimed to have knowledge of the anniversary AM1 restock said it would be a GR. definitely hoping for that.

Bring me the blues!! If I can cop at retail I'll get the reds as well. Got a pair of Ridgerocks in today but wife intercepted the package. Says I got to unds some more pairs before I can have possession of new inbounds. Guess I need more places to put the boxes of new shoes
I get it.

Disagree. It's frustrating for us but it's all about hype for them. This thread was nuts for a month. If they made a million, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Small batch to build hype and then more later works out for everyone.

nike was the worst performing stock on dow last year. the hype game is overrated and its biting them in the butt. responsibility to shareholders dictates that they maximize sales, especially on the hottest models.

IMO this is the reason why we seem to see endless supplies of MC racers etc these days.

if you want to play that game with collabs? ok, i get it. but with a GR colorway like am1 royal and red...come on now.

just my opinion. but either way, i'm not buying into the hype. either they make them readily available, or dont. i just think the whole "hype" marketing ceiling has been reached for the most part.

nike was the worst performing stock on dow last year. the hype game is overrated and its biting them in the butt. responsibility to shareholders dictates that they maximize sales, especially on the hottest models.

IMO this is the reason why we seem to see endless supplies of MC racers etc these days.

if you want to play that game with collabs? ok, i get it. but with a GR colorway like am1 royal and red...come on now.

just my opinion. but either way, i'm not buying into the hype. either they make them readily available, or dont. i just think the whole "hype" marketing ceiling has been reached for the most part.
They were the worst stock in 2016 bc they were the best in 2015 and were due for a correction. Look at Adidas, they have been playing the small batch game for several years now and the hype is real. The limited pairs in March led to people buying a lot of Ridgerocks, Olives, etc. AM1 was dying a slow death until March. Granted a reshape help but the hype from those pairs helped just as much. People thay hadn't bought am AM1 in years were losing their minds for them.

They were the worst stock in 2016 bc they were the best in 2015 and were due for a correction. Look at Adidas, they have been playing the small batch game for several years now and the hype is real. The limited pairs in March led to people buying a lot of Ridgerocks, Olives, etc. AM1 was dying a slow death until March. Granted a reshape help but the hype from those pairs helped just as much. People thay hadn't bought am AM1 in years were losing their minds for them.

too much emphasis and credit is given to "hype". things arent the way they used to be in the early 2000s and beyond. the hype machine isnt as effective as it used to be. and there is really minimal benefit to allowing demand to far exceed supply in the name of free marketing. allowing demand to slightly exceed supply? yes.

nowadays with social media and so many pages dedicated to pics of pop sneakers and culture etc, the hype creates itself no matter what supply vs. demand is.

IMO of course

All I want is to double up on the OG Royals. All I need is 2 pairs of them shoes then I can just chill until I see some other dope releases.

Back
Top Bottom