THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

shouldve grabbed those pinks when they were on sale for 100 or so not long ago

Last edited:
Undefeated has pretty good size run for both mushroom and pink for $128 each. 

Nice. How did you get Nike to remake your pair?

First pair had this black buffer-lining fabric (looked like weed block landscape fabric if you've ever gardened) mis-sewn in between the mudguard and the toe box & upper. So it looked like the mudguard was separating from the rest of the shoe.

Chatted with a rep on NDC and they offered to remake the pair and gave me a 15% code (that I used on Fogs during Gift Card-gate last week).

New pair doesn't have the gap look at all.

Last edited:
Pinnacles :smokin

these look as pink in person as the pics? For those of you that have them. I'm thinking maybe grey laces take away the softer look a little. I like the shoe a lot but wondering if it's one of those shoes I'll never wear but keep putting on trying to make them work.

Can't remember the site. I think it was lapstone and hammer. They were like 115-120 shipped
Can't remember the site. I think it was lapstone and hammer. They were like 115-120 shipped
damn , then hopefully more will have em on sale soon !

Dope-Factory Pinnacle Jade order still hasn't shipped yet

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

frown.gif
friend of mine who ordered black pinnacles on thursday still doesnt have ship confirmation as well 

While I had all of the Pinnacles out I decided to take a good look at them after all the recent talk on here and I was shocked to note that six of the seven different colourways suffer from the unequal mudguard height...with only the pinks having no difference in height. The Blacks are the worst with a height difference of 5mm. Pretty poor really considering these are supposed to be the "elite" AM1. Too late to send them back for an exchange either, but I doubt if that would have been worth it anyway as looking at photos of other people's it seems to be a very common issue. For the record, these are the differences for each pair.

Blacks - 5mm

Sails - 3mm

Mushroom Mens - 3mm

Jades - 3mm

Fogs - 2mm

Mushroom Womens - 1mm

These look as pink in person as the pics? For those of you that have them. I'm thinking maybe grey laces take away the softer look a little. I like the shoe a lot but wondering if it's one of those shoes I'll never wear but keep putting on trying to make them work.
They don't look as loud in the flesh as that photo depicts. They are eyecatching, no doubt about it, but still fairly subtle for such a vibrant colourway.

The grey laces do nothing for the shoe either. Standard laces are just fine & work the best.

Reactions: You
While I had all of the Pinnacles out I decided to take a good look at them after all the recent talk on here and I was shocked to note that six of the seven different colourways suffer from the unequal mudguard height...with only the pinks having no difference in height. The Blacks are the worst with a height difference of 5mm. Pretty poor really considering these are supposed to be the "elite" AM1. Too late to send them back for an exchange either, but I doubt if that would have been worth it anyway as looking at photos of other people's it seems to be a very common issue. For the record, these are the differences for each pair.

Blacks - 5mm
Sails - 3mm
Mushroom Mens - 3mm
Jades - 3mm
Fogs - 2mm
Mushroom Womens - 1mm

My Pigeon IDs have the same thing going on. Haven't measured them, but you can tell just from the pics above how much higher the left shoe's is than the right one. Thankfully, they're pretty close in height around the toe, and both wrap above rather than really squaring off.

Im scared my blacks aren't going to come with a nice round toe...if they ever ship and not about to pay to return to italy

My Pigeon IDs have the same thing going on. Haven't measured them, but you can tell just from the pics above how much higher the left shoe's is than the right one. Thankfully, they're pretty close in height around the toe, and both wrap above rather than really squaring off.

Yeah I'd say that, comparing your photos to my own, you have about a 3mm difference in height there.

I'm curious to know if this is a flaw that has always been common on AM1 releases.

Back
Top Bottom