THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

[emoji]128514[/emoji] @ the hate for Sean Wotherspoon. I can't speak for his hoards of followers, but I've actually had quite a few dealings with him and he's always been a stand up guy. Fanboys always generate hate towards whoever they're riding, so I can see why some of you have the opinion and perception of him that you do.
I'm sure he's a great dude but he's just a reseller. He's not a designer. He doesn't even have a Nike account lol. He just buys stuff you want and then taxes you on it. Why would anyone want to glorify that? I'm not knocking his hustle but he damn sure shouldn't be looked upon as a leader in the community.

He's no different than guys like Gusto and Buddha on IG. Sure they are worth a follow bc they get good pairs for sale but LOL at looking at them as something other than a reseller. All they do is buy low and sell high. Again, not knocking the hustle at all, but that's all it is.

[emoji]128514[/emoji] @ the hate for Sean Wotherspoon. I can't speak for his hoards of followers, but I've actually had quite a few dealings with him and he's always been a stand up guy. Fanboys always generate hate towards whoever they're riding, so I can see why some of you have the opinion and perception of him that you do.
I'm sure he's a great dude but he's just a reseller. He's not a designer. He doesn't even have a Nike account lol. He just buys stuff you want and then taxes you on it. Why would anyone want to glorify that? I'm not knocking his hustle but he damn sure shouldn't be looked upon as a leader in the community.
I agree, glorying him is a bit strange. YouTube has made a lot of people famous for the most peculiar reasons. His hustle is admired and the fact that he's extremely passionate about clothing and sneakers and has been stand up with me personally makes him good in my book.

I agree, glorying him is a bit strange. YouTube has made a lot of people famous for the most peculiar reasons. His hustle is admired and the fact that he's extremely passionate about clothing and sneakers and has been stand up with me personally makes him good in my book.
Yea that's the part I don't get. He's more Benjamin Kickz than he is Ronnie Fieg.

He's no different than guys like Gusto and Buddha on IG. Sure they are worth a follow bc they get good pairs for sale but LOL at looking at them as something other than a reseller. All they do is buy low and sell high. Again, not knocking the hustle at all, but that's all it is.
Quoted for truth. 

@SoleByThePound  I don't think @dblplay1212  is saying he isn't a good dude, but he isn't a designer. I think he is specifically speaking on the point of people saying he is a "legend of streetwear" and only on that. 

Last edited:
The sheep are more at fault than the shepherd. I'm sure he's a fine person, but even the guys asking about sizing on pinnacles and if ID has new shape know more about Nike than Sean Wotherspoon does.

It's funny how there's so many varying opinions about people. I love reading the banter about this and can say that he seems like a nice enough dude, but legendary? who knows. It's all subjective. If you check the Yeezy thread, you would think that was the best shoe ever produced in footwear history, and the same with any other thread on this board.
Anybody can be caught on a bad day and seem more of a d***, but just be careful what you wish for. Anybody can throw an iD-ish design together and move a few things around and you've got a "design". There's so much that goes on behind the scenes.
The footwear/design/streetwear industry, for the most part, boils down to who you know, yours and their reputation, and in some instances, the right place/right time. There's countless brands that have been given a chance because of their lightweight affiliation that have had a sub-par, overpriced performance, and tried numerous re-brandings with the same result.
Let your work speak for itself. You'll always have haters, but generally if the good outweighs the bad, you're straight.
B

Sean is a cool dude, but his shop moves fakes and it's ok cause it's his shop.

This whole shoetuber, red dip **** is stupid to me but kids ain't built like before

Works on mobile?

Red Jewels are interesting. 
nerd.gif

Would Red Sole Dye on the bottom be overkill? 

Last edited:
Red Jewels are interesting. :nerd:  

Would Red Sole Dye on the bottom be overkill? 

I had the same thought of red dyeing the soles when I first saw images. IF I were to get the shoes, I would dye. Going to look better red dyed then when the soles eventually yellow.

I saw a comment on one of his photos recently where someone called him a legend in streetwear or some s like that. I hope the sub-18 year olds learn more about streetwear and sneakers beyond instagram.

Peep this video if you wanna hear some ignorance:
I'm no fan of this guy but I didn't hear any ignorance in that video.

Back
Top Bottom