THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Do the 2017 atmos fit tts? I'm hearing they fit .5 big... any truth to that? I wear a 9 in ultraboost and yeezy v2 but a 8.5 in reg NMD and flyknit racers

word, all this talk about "i only pay retail and nothing else" is BS

if you really want the shoes and you didn't get lucky with the raffles, or you had better things to do then to sleep outside a shop for 3 days like a bum, then you have to pay resell, it's that simple

and if people are happy with what they have bought, let them be happy
word let people do whatever they feel comfortable doing b 

Do the 2017 atmos fit tts? I'm hearing they fit .5 big... any truth to that? I wear a 9 in ultraboost and yeezy v2 but a 8.5 in reg NMD and flyknit racers

Everyone's going to tell you something different so here's my two cents:

My TTS is 10.5

Historically I've been a 10.5 for the following shoes:
- Air Max 1
- Air Max 90
- Air Max 95
- Flyknit Racer
- Jordan 1
- Jordan 3
- Ultra Boost 1.0/2.0
- NMD Mesh
- Yeezy Boost 350 V2

And a size 10 for the following shoes:
- Air Max 90 Lunar
- Jordan 5
- Jordan 6
- Jordan 12
- NMD Primeknit
- Ultra Boost 3.0
- Yeezy Boost 350 V1
- New Balance

And a size 11 for the following shoes:
- Air Huarache
- Flyknit Lunar 1

I got the Atmos in a 10.5 and they fit great for me. I got the OG Anniversaries (Blue and Red pairs) in a 10.5 and they are maybe between a quarter and a half size big.

Last edited:

Actually leather due to it being thicker usually would run smaller for a runner design. Same with NB retros.

Nike shouldn't have market the new toe box as slimmer and their out of shape toe box being done for comfort. Threw many of us off in sizing.
My experience is the complete opposite. Leather liner runs bigger as it breaks in. I'm a 10.75 TTS. I normally go 11 in AM1. I went 10.5 in the Pinnacle and they are perfect. In the Concepts NYC and RF Cyclades, I had to go all the way down to a 10.

I'd agree with sizing; however, the leather line for ME, doesn't break in per se, but rather they fit larger because of the lack of padding. I'm a tweener like you (TTS 9.5, but occasionally feel like a 9.75 because some shoes fit snug TTS, but not necessarily enough to constitute going up .5 size), but of your references, here's my typical fit:

AM1s .5 up to a 10 with the exception of the leather lined pairs, which I stay TTS
AM90s - TTS, but .5 up will work. I typically prefer to wear them with socks similar thickness to Stance Super Invisibles like Uniqlos since normal thickness no shows are slightly snug, but not uncomfortable with them.
998 and the RF Cyclades/Archi's - .5 down to a 9

And as I stated previously, the OG reds felt huge. I definitely need a TTS at minimum. Don't think .5 down to a 9 would fit though.

Other references:

GL3s/GLVs/Respectors I .5 up to a 10 with the exception of the leather lined pairs.

UB 1.0 non wool .5 up to a 10. TTS work in wool, but I typically stick with the 10
UB 3.0 TTS 9.5
Jordan remastered 1, 3, 4, & 5 TTS 9.5

Last edited:

Actually leather due to it being thicker usually would run smaller for a runner design. Same with NB retros.

Nike shouldn't have market the new toe box as slimmer and their out of shape toe box being done for comfort. Threw many of us off in sizing.

My experience is the complete opposite. Leather liner runs bigger as it breaks in. I'm a 10.75 TTS. I normally go 11 in AM1. I went 10.5 in the Pinnacle and they are perfect. In the Concepts NYC and RF Cyclades, I had to go all the way down to a 10.

I'd agree with sizing; however, the leather line for ME, doesn't break in per se, but rather they fit larger because of the lack of padding. I'm a tweener like you (TTS 9.5, but occasionally feel like a 9.75 because some shoes fit snug TTS, but not necessarily enough to constitute going up .5 size), but of your references, here's my typical fit:

AM1s .5 up to a 10 with the exception of the leather lined pairs, which I stay TTS
AM90s - TTS, but .5 up will work. I typically prefer to wear them with socks similar thickness to Stance Super Invisibles like Uniqlos since normal thickness no shows are slightly snug, but not uncomfortable with them.

And as I stated previously, the OG reds felt huge. I definitely need a TTS at minimum. Don't think .5 down to a 9 would fit though.
The difference between a half size is generally about 1/6 of an inch

So if they fit "huge" I don't see how a half size smaller wouldn't fit

Would you rather I say "big"? Semantics. At the end of the day, they're bigger than the other pairs of AM1s I have. Comparable spacing .5 down usually fixes that issue. I have a roughly a thumbs distance between my longest toe and the end of the toebox. and typically 10 in my AM1 have half of that. At the end the day, I'd rather have a little more room than too damn snug, which could very well be the case going to a 9. Especially since I don't have them side-by-side to try on.

Last edited:
'I normally wear NMD's, Yeezy's, UB's and racers or whatever else shoe is hyped at the moment.'
laugh.gif

Would you rather I say "big"? Semantics. At the end of the day, they're bigger than the other pairs of AM1s I have. Comparable spacing .5 down usually fixes that issue. I have a roughly a thumbs distance between my longest toe and the end of the toebox. and typically 10 in my AM1 have half of that. At the end the day, I'd rather have a little more room than too damn snug, which could very well be the case going to a 9. Especially since I don't have them side-by-side to try on.
I still think you would be straight... but I misread and looked past the part where you originally said you generally size up .5 for AM1

my bad

Good ol' Jessica Biel before got married w JT. I believe that's from Adam Sandler's movie where he pretended to be gay. 
YUP! "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry"

That's the best i've ever seen her look... she looks absolutely incredible in that scene

The OG runs bigger

I guess I received fakes, because my pinnacles and Royal OGs fit the same. It fact the Royal has more padding in the ankle and lock down better. My true size is an 8.5 on the foot measure, and I buy a 9 in all my AM1's. If I went half size down from true size, my front foot would crammed.

Last edited:
How old is your computer?

And you don't have to read past that point you can probably click on just about any page from the past 10 and we will still be talking about the sizing

Or here is a crazy thought... use the search feature 

I can't go back any pages at all. My browser only shows current pages. Can't search anything because I can't go back any pages. Now apologize to me

Last edited:
I having a hard time understanding that. So if you clicked, say page '1412', your browser wouldn't display it?

Back
Top Bottom