THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Maybe they ment LeBrons took your order, like the actual person! 
laugh.gif

Are the Royals really much more limited than the Reds? Reason I ask is there's plenty of pre-orders on EBAY for the Royals, even seen them go as low as $300.00. I know it's still a ridiculous amount to pay but I seem to remember the Reds going for $400+ pre release and the quantities on EBAY are far less. Heck, most of the sizes for the reds were in small sizes for some reason (size 5-7 in mens)...
mean.gif
  while the Royals are being are readily available for pre-order in multiple sizes (8-12).

Last edited:
Was def feelin the OG reds more at first but seein all these blue ones man...I'm starting to make a turn towards the blues!
Kinda backwards for me lol. I only wanted the Blues but got a chance to take the Reds at a reasonable price and fell in love with it in hand. Classic Red Swoosh on the clean lines of the AM1 is so dope, imo.

Last edited:
Are the Royals really much more limited than the Reds? Reason I ask is there's plenty of pre-orders on EBAY for the Royals, even seen them go as low as $300.00. I know it's still a ridiculous amount to pay but I seem to remember the Reds going for $400+ pre release and the quantities on EBAY are far less. Heck, most of the sizes for the reds were in small sizes for some reason (size 5-7 in mens)...:smh:   while the Royals are being are readily available for pre-order in multiple sizes (8-12).

I see 1 pair of preorders for royals in my size, 10.5. Would you mind linking me to some of these auctions you're speaking of?

I see 1 pair of preorders for royals in my size, 10.5. Would you mind linking me to some of these auctions you're speaking of?
I'm here at work where EBAY is filtered/blocked =(

But to be honest, the market appears to have dried up. I have 3 shoes under my watch list and they were all sold out today. I guess, people are biting on the price now knowing it's almost impossible to get these at retail and avoid, paying a buck more once the demand shoots on release day.

My 02 cents.

The anniversary box edition is limited, however, there's no way Nike doesn't bring back this colorway and shape at some point.  You've gotta really want this particular version to pay that kind of money.  They're going to keep that shape and bring out ever new colorway in that shape; there would be no reason not to.  They may make us wait a year, but they'll come.  Too bad the OG 1s are so uncomfortable in terms of the air unit.  Maybe if I gain 80lbs they'll start to compress ;-).  I've become a big fan of hyperfuse versions....nice shape, more breathable, easy to clean, don't generally crease.  That said, it is nice to see the OG in its glory; brings back a lot of memories! (Just not a shoe I would see myself wearing much compared to the rest of the collection).

The anniversary box edition is limited, however, there's no way Nike doesn't bring back this colorway and shape at some point.  You've gotta really want this particular version to pay that kind of money.  They're going to keep that shape and bring out ever new colorway in that shape; there would be no reason not to.  They may make us wait a year, but they'll come.  Too bad the OG 1s are so uncomfortable in terms of the air unit.  Maybe if I gain 80lbs they'll start to compress ;-).  I've become a big fan of hyperfuse versions....nice shape, more breathable, easy to clean, don't generally crease.  That said, it is nice to see the OG in its glory; brings back a lot of memories! (Just not a shoe I would see myself wearing much compared to the rest of the collection).
I'm a noob, but when was the last time Nike released this colorway in this shape?

It's exciting, but definitely won't be the last chance to acquire this shape.  You've gotta be an avid collector and value the packaging at hundreds of dollars to pay that resale price...IMO.

They're going to keep that shape and bring out ever new colorway in that shape; there would be no reason not to.
well you have to think like nike...and for them there would be a big reason not to! making pairs in the OG shape much more special and hyped. 

nike does not care about the critics...they know hype will always be stronger 

Nike wants to make more money.  With the new shape they can sell more shoes.  They can sell the same colorways people already have that will buy again for the shape.  The hype is marketing for the short term.  Just like people went crazy for the Zeros, which are now sitting everywhere in different colorways.  Also, they're tooled up for this new shape; it's gotta be costly to switch shapes and retrain.

What? Lol how in the heck does that happen? Which lebrons were they?
Lol, have no clue. I'm not really sweating it. Sneaker game has been good to me lately, so I'll take the hiccup in stride. Lebron 14, not sure of the colorway.
I believe black and grey. Here's the style code 852405‌-‌002

Maybe they ment LeBrons took your order, like the actual person! :lol:

That would be cool. But definitely not.

Copped on SNKRS, and then the email says lebron 14. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Nike wants to Originally Posted by PWGuy  
Also, they're tooled up for this new shape; it's gotta be costly to switch shapes and retrain.
Yeah, gotta agree with this one. Can't see them going through this process only to make them in a few quantity.

This is what i was thinking. Im just not convinced nike needs to hype up anything to make more money, they just have to provide it for sale. They are past the trying to compete and make a name in the market stage of things. Its nike.

nike already makes big money....what they need back is the spotlight and attention!

no one is really talking about nike and jordans anymore when it comes to the newer generation. in that case adidas is blasting them right now!

It's a business; they need to grow shareholder value via sales.  They know how to create the hype when they want to.  They then need to convert that into sales.  They need product to sell!

Back
Top Bottom