THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

:lol: yes it does. Nike makes enough money without producing more OG AM1s... Hype is a big part of the game and Nike had it on lock for a long time.

Limited releases only drives the resell market of which Nike makes no further profits. It doesn't make any sense to limit significant releases of popular models/colors like they do.
It creates hype. Look at Adidas. They've built their brand off of recent small batch drops. Every weekend they have some kind of limited colorway drop.

It creates hype. Look at Adidas. They've built their brand off of recent small batch drops. Every weekend they have some kind of limited colorway drop.

This. And then this makes the shoe popular amongst the young kids who aren't nearly as fussy as NT'ers meaning they can drop a tonne of lower quality releases and sell well

These will just restock. Or they'll trickle into boutiques slowly after they do a fake sellout on ndc. I'll try tomorrow but not gonna get too discouraged if it doesn't work out. I'm pretty certain that on the 26th the new releases will be accompanied by restocks.

I cannot believe that Nike are doing a f*cking raffle for these man! No chance of getting them now. Hype kids are going to be all over these now just because they think the shoes must be cool because Nike are doing a raffle.

Not looking good especially after what they did with the Lebron 14 Black Ice which was a GR, but it was hard locally to track down a pair in my size.

I cannot believe that Nike are doing a f*cking raffle for these man! No chance of getting them now. Hype kids are going to be all over these now just because they think the shoes must be cool because Nike are doing a raffle.
Seems strange/rushed that Nike switched these to a raffle for the UK folks on such short notice. 

Seems strange/rushed that Nike switched these to a raffle for the UK folks on such short notice. 

Absolutely crazy bro! All to create hype. Why not tell us they were going to do a draw a week ago instead of the day before. But they've done it to create a frenzy amongst collectors and then resellers and hype kids scoop em all.

Absolutely crazy bro! All to create hype. Why not tell us they were going to do a draw a week ago instead of the day before. But they've done it to create a frenzy amongst collectors and then resellers and hype kids scoop em all.
Curious, what would them saying it was a draw a week ago change?

Box (label), different from the ones posted before (pic from Sivasdescalzo)

Maybe there's a GR version (above) and a "limited" version (skinny box, shoe bag, pamphlet, etc.)... :nerd: #wishfulthinking

Another in hand pic of Atmos
Not that I was even going to be able to land a new pair of Atmos, but that toe still does look really bunz. I guess I'll just have to do a little clean up on my original release. The biggest flaw with them is the durability of the elephant print. It wasn't as embossed as much as the current iterations of elephant print. The trade off was that its much softer and flexible than "today's" elephant print. 

Still debating if I should try to get a pair of the reds, my '09s are still in decent shape, but looking at the toe on those and the inconsistent and thin mudguard has me want the '17 release.

The San Fran Nike town was so nice when I visited in 09'.

really surprised to hear they won't be carrying these. Nike is obviously making these limitled on purpose solely to generate hype

Am1 anaversery in red on eBay already here in UK, £300 [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji]

For a NikeTown, the SF one, I've found, has always been pretty weak on releases. I gave up on them quite a while ago. Better to hit up the shops on Haight.

As you said, for a Niketown, they are average, but I go for the spots I know have quantity. Which they typically do (when they get a release). Honestly, I am having trouble remembering what they haven't gotten recently. OVOs only dropped at like two Niketowns, so I wouldn't count those.

That said, agree, time to head to the other side of town. These may require some leg work.

Back
Top Bottom