THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

no i plan on copping both red and blue.  theyre first priority regardless of shape and barring other OGish colors dont drop.  i mean if we see colorways reminiscent of 87-2004, we're all in trouble.  i have pairs of both blue and red, so im not as excited as many on here.  and as far as shape goes, i dont have much faith in nike doing the right thing for us.  but who knows, i tend to be a half empty glass kind of dude, thus not being disappointed.  id like some elephants but thats going to be a 2015 safari fiasco all over again. ive been in a real am1 funk lately.  

new stuff just underwhelms me.  and its not just the presentation of said colors and materials that do so.  call me crazy but ive grown attracted to the hunt of old ish, and not just acquiring latest drops (even if they are great looking).  not to get all deep and therapy session on yall, but i truly think sneakers has turned into an introspective self image thing.  anyone says its for others, are idiots.  no one is impressed with sneakers.  and i quote from an ex ex: "its you and 15 year olds that collect sneakers."  3 of the last 5 am1s ive copped, i havent worn, and almost dont have a desire to.  i just want them on the shelf, its like their trophies at this point (plus i dont want them to crumble).  so again, i may sound superficial, but new ish doesnt catch my attention because it doesnt hold value to me.  it doesnt make me feel good to have on my foot, because its as arbitrary as buying some boosts.  but to find a back up pair of grunges or some old trainer 1s, or blue/green am96s is hella alluring.  its all connected to my formative years vs sneakers.  call it daddy issues...  :tongue:  

Haha man I TOTALLY can relate on numerous levels. There's nothing more enjoyable to me than hunting on eBay for older pairs and finding steals. Finding viotechs for $99, HOA $75, 99 obsidian $47.....the feeling of those pick ups are so awesome but like you said they're almost like trophies at times. I didn't buy anything new for a long *** time until those FK dropped and that's because I'm a sucker for FK and it was a pair I knew I'd wear (beat the Oreos to death). I think I was happy for the pinnacles because of the improvement of shape and there was finally a new release that I didn't have to chase - but I think it's the hunt and the chase that's so much damn fun. I'm excited for OGs because I beat my HOA and I sold my 02 royals a while back. But I think I'm more excited for iDs with new shape...making something I don't have with the jmroved shape - and I'm excited for the possible "collabs" someone mentioned to me. It's been a long *** time since there's been a decent am1 collab. But just like you...I listen to all my favorite music from middle/high school and watch old TV shows - everything from 1999-2004 I love to death, ironically that's the same for AM1s ha

its true man.  im restoring a 91 mr2 turbo, rock sneakers i wore in highschool, listen to music that is basically regurgitated rakim, and still watch saved by the bell.  what can i say, im stuck in the 90s.  to be honest tho, reason i stayed away from the pinnacles, is that monoblahmatic midsole/outsole. 

@Mrphist  good looking out on the info.  interested to see what options they allow with those.  if its just all 1 color upper with those material colors, hard pass for me. 
I literally just read this out loud to my wife. She said we should be friends. Sub in 2pac for Rakim and I could have written the above post.

lol. I feel like the regulars in here would be really cool people to have a beer or smoke a joint with.

unseen unseen and I would surely be hitting the gym prior to said meet up.

Last edited:
@dblplay1212   @SingledOut   

not for nothing, but the 90s was a rocking time.  theres no denying it.  the fact that the am1 is such a coveted silhouette speaks volumes of it.  (yes, i know they were created in 87).  it was the golden/renaissance era for many many things.  

supra, 240sx, mr2, rx7, prelude.

am1, am90, am180, am95, am96, am97, am98. 

saved by the bell, full house, california dreams, usa high, fresh prince of bell air. 

rakim, big l, pete rock, das efx, tribe called quest.

pogs, hacky sacks, ultimate frisbee.  

green day, rancid, nofx, operation ivy, long island hardcore.  

the list goes on...

Last edited:

@dblplay1212   @SingledOut   

not for nothing, but the 90s was a rocking time.  theres no denying it.  the fact that the am1 is such a coveted silhouette speaks volumes of it.  (yes, i know they were created in 87).  it was the golden/renaissance era for many many things.  

supra, 240sx, mr2, rx7, prelude.

am1, am90, am180, am95, am96, am97, am98. 

saved by the bell, full house, california dreams, usa high, fresh prince of bell air. 

rakim, big l, pete rock, das efx, tribe called quest.

pogs, hacky sacks, ultimate frisbee.  

green day, rancid, nofx, operation ivy, long island hardcore.  

the list goes on...
I used to be obsessed with Rancid and NOFX growing up haha...but all very true, I still try to play ultimate frisbee with some buds every now and then haha

And to what @FrankWh1te  - some brews and buds with fellow members in here would be a grand ol time, I'm sure of it...

If I ever hit the lotto I'll  fly everyone out to NYC and we all make a bespoke and get stupid for a weekend haha

Fat Wreck Chords/Epitaph was the soundtrack of my teenage yrs.

mix in some Wu and classic late 80's/90's rap and you can keep everything else out there :smokin

I used to be obsessed with Rancid and NOFX growing up haha...but all very true, I still try to play ultimate frisbee with some buds every now and then haha

And to what @FrankWh1te
 - some brews and buds with fellow members in here would be a grand ol time, I'm sure of it...

If I ever hit the lotto I'll  fly everyone out to NYC and we all make a bespoke and get stupid for a weekend haha

All this 90s talk got me nostalgic.

Yo...speaking of bespokes, it's only a matter of time before they get the new shape isn't it?

Also, thanks for the recommendation on .5 down for the pinnacles singledout, they fit perfectly. Glad I scooped em.

Last edited:
All this 90s talk got me nostalgic.

Yo...speaking of bespokes, it's only a matter of time before they get the new shape isn't it?

Also, thanks for the recommendation on .5 down for the pinnacles singledout, they fit perfectly. Glad I scooped em.
I heard summer for bespoke shape....but could possibly be sooner

Yea I'm good on the .5 too, I'll probably go TTS on anything with mesh though from here on out that isn't leather liner. Plus they should break in too 

I was thinking about going for a half size down but did they even make 12.5 in the pinnacles?

I didn't see it listed on any of the 4.....

I prob would've copped sz13 regardless

of the all the shoes I own the only pairs I have in 12.5 are a few pairs of footscapes cause I found then cheaper than 13's on eBay and sea crystal sb's and only cause that was the last pair I could fit when they released at my local

I was thinking about going for a half size down but did they even make 12.5 in the pinnacles?

I didn't see it listed on any of the 4.....

I prob would've copped sz13 regardless

of the all the shoes I own the only pairs I have in 12.5 are a few pairs of footscapes cause I found then cheaper than 13's on eBay and sea crystal sb's and only cause that was the last pair I could fit when they released at my local
I'm pretty sure they don't make them in 12.5

Ugh if those Chlorophylls were us11
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom