THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I'm a sucker for the colour.

Probs try on and have to have.

Only thing stopping me is the possibility of an ID instead.

yeah im hard passing on all thes stuff.  its nice to see ya'll riding this wave because it just provides less competition in me finding the older stuff im looking for.  im looking forward to pendleton season. i hope to all things good, that they dont incorporate ultra in the upcoming season.  i will burn this place down... 
smokin.gif

in 2010 they sold the patta cords at K-C for $100 when they were released, later they even got discounted till $80, at the people that are still looking for them where were you when they came out ?? sleeping under a rock ?? now you can add a extra 0 behind the $80 if you wanna cop them :lol:  
Maybe sneakers wasn't a hobby for them at the time?

All you hypebeasts just keep on telling yourself these have a good OG like shape. Rrrrrrrright. :rofl:
Petitions have been started for shapes less bad than these. I've seen China reps with waaaayyyyyyy better shapes than these.
"They just don't make em like they used to!"

You sound like my grandfather.

I'm fed up with soles falling off.

I've let go.

I'll run with the times I guess.

Grab some ol skool when I have a feeling it may hold up.

Do what I do and always done.

"They just don't make em like they used to!"

You sound like my grandfather.
Really couldn't care less.

It's not that I have anything against new tech mixed with old model. Might be interesting. It's the fact that they're all so poorly executed, all the Ultra s*** too, flimsy, looks and feels very very cheap.

Coz it is cheap.

That's the whole point heads don't get.

Cheaper product, lighter, more 'tech', so charge consumer more.

Perfect.

Give us you cash thanks.m, signed Nike.

Last edited:

It's not that I have anything against new tech mixed with old model. Might be interesting. It's the fact that they're all so poorly executed, all the Ultra s*** too, flimsy, looks and feels very very cheap.

I completely agree with you on the ultra sole. They look and feel cheap. The new Flyknits would be ten times better with the OG or lunar sole.

They need to get rid of the ultra sole altogether.

Last edited:

Cool, don't buy them, then. It just gets old seeing you cry itt. If you don't like the shoes, why come here to ruin the thread for others that do? I don't mean any disrespect but it just gets old.

Coz it is cheap.

That's the whole point heads don't get.

Cheaper product, lighter, more 'tech', so charge consumer more.

Perfect.

Give us you cash thanks.m, signed Nike.
I've seen you say it costs less to make them many times. How do you know that? Not saying you're wrong, just curious how you know that. I asked bc lighter doesn't always mean less to make. For instance, my wife drives an Audi. The lower profile the tire, the more expensive bc they have to use higher grade material to make it hold together while being so thin and light. Her low profile cost as much as my 35" tires on my Jeep. Not saying that's the case here but that's why I'm asking.

Last edited:
Cool, don't buy them, then. It just gets old seeing you cry itt. If you don't like the shoes, why come here to ruin the thread for others that do? I don't mean any disrespect but it just gets old.
If people don't like AM1s why do they come here to ruin the thread with all the hypebeast clown talk?
Cause those clowns really don't give a rat's *** about AM1s.

If people don't like AM1s why do they come here to ruin the thread with all the hypebeast clown talk?
Cause those clowns really don't give a rat's *** about AM1s.
Haha ahh I see. Everything sucks and anyone that thinks otherwise is falling for the hype.

Jesus, you're miserable. I wish we had an ignore button. I would say enjoy your day but that seems impossible for you.

Haha ahh I see. Everything sucks and anyone that thinks otherwise is falling for the hype.

Jesus, you're miserable. I wish we had an ignore button. I would say enjoy your day but that seems impossible for you.
theres a block member feature on this site if you're really that affected by him

y'all dudes really getting sensitive over opinions on a sneaker forum?
Just tired of seeing the same couple guys cry about the same shoes over and over and over. That'd be like me listening to a country music station every day and calling into them every day to let everyone know that genre of music sucks. Why would I torture myself by listening to it if I thought that sucked? Why would I care if other people liked it?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'll go back to ignoring it.

I completely agree with you on the ultra sole. They look and feel cheap. The new Flyknits would be ten times better with the OG or lunar sole.

They need to get rid of the ultra sole altogether.
this is truth. 
I've seen you say it costs less to make them many times. How do you know that? Not saying you're wrong, just curious how you know that. I asked bc lighter doesn't always mean less to make. For instance, my wife drives an Audi. The lower profile the tire, the more expensive bc they have to use higher grade material to make it hold together while being so thin and light. Her low profile cost as much as my 35" tires on my Jeep. Not saying that's the case here but that's why I'm asking.
youre buying pretty crappy chinese made 35s if that is the case.  lets not get crazy and compare the ultra bottom to audi.  

y'all dudes really getting sensitive over opinions on a sneaker forum?
internet heroes. 
Just tired of seeing the same couple guys cry about the same shoes over and over and over. That'd be like me listening to a country music station every day and calling into them every day to let everyone know that genre of music sucks. Why would I torture myself by listening to it if I thought that sucked? Why would I care if other people liked it?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'll go back to ignoring it.
this might not be the best comparison.  [mainstream] radio stations play popular selections of said genre.  so country for example, as much as i cant stand it, plays "bro country" or country for the ladies.  ie. rascal flatts, martina mcbride, miranda lambert, kenny chesney, eric church, luke bryan and all that other nonsense.  rarely do you hear authentic, genuine and esoteric country like dwight yokem, hank williams, buddy holly, john denver, etc.  

NT is a sub culture with esoteric tastes, just as some of latter mentioned country artists might be within the sub culture of country music.  so us "calling into this station" known as NT, isnt equivalent to your example.  

point is, many have seen the golden era of am1s and the way things are moving is a deviation from how good it was.  you may not have experienced it, but you can clearly see with your physical eyes, the difference in old vs new shape, quality and execution.  if you choose to neglect this, then yes, you may be part of the beasty affiliate.  either way, try and let people express their opinions just others allow you to.  

with that said, ultra bottoms suck.  
wink.gif

Last edited:
Those Ultra soles are trash and the plastic uppers on the ultra models are hideous. They look like a $50 shoe and Nike tries to market that line as an innovative take on a classic model. At least the flyknit is a decent attempt on updating a classic silhouette but those ultra soles turn any shoe into garbaaaage. People shouldn't complain about how some users cry about the same shoe over and over when they and others come in and voice their own opinions over and over about their own perceptions of how great a specific shoe is. Use the block member option, it works.

Do you hate babies, chocolate chip cookies and sunny days also?
love all the above.  but that recipe on those "am1s" are disgusting.  i dont mind flyknit, but i consider ultra bottoms wack.  and american flags?  i'll leave it at that.  if youre into american flags, then do you.  

Flyknit is mad comfy but I've yet to even lace up any pair of ultras so can't speak for that type of sole. I don't particularly see the need for FK on the AM1 but can't say I dislike the look...

Back
Top Bottom