The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want this shoe to be a hassle-free day one purchase. I couldn't care less what happens to the rest of the stock after that.

It's funny how we all limit Nike to Jordan retro. How about all the Air Max models, flyknit trainers and all flyknit models (lunar...etc), air force ones, huaraches...etc that are bieng sold day in day out? Yes, Nike has still many iconic models that remain relevant, and no, Nike is definitely not dead, and especially retro AJ 1´s. I gope they make tons of these.

They stuck in a bubble fam. They not looking at these quarterly earnings

Stop. Jordan's are a fashion statement because of the previous generations obsession with the man. Just like adidas are hip right now because of another obsession with a man.
Majority of people rocking Jordan's today never even seen him play. Jordan's are just a staple piece in the sneaker/fashion world, the history behind retros or the man himself Really don't matter anymore nor do people care about it, as long as it matches their fit

Nobody's rocking bred 1's cause Jordan's history of getting fined from the NBA

They're rocking it cause the red/black color scheme is popular and famous celebs like Kanye rocking it and "making it cool"

Last edited:
sdoublead sdoublead Yeah runners in general are pretty hot right now across the board. They've always been hot to most for a long period of time but seems like an influx of people are jumping on this runner wave all of sudden.

Majority of people rocking Jordan's today never even seen him play. Jordan's are just a staple piece in the sneaker/fashion world, the history behind retros or the man himself Really don't matter anymore nor do people care about it, as long as it matches their fit

Majority of people rocking yeezy's couldn't tell you the words to "We Major". I'm lost as to what that has to do with people identifying with the brand because of the person. Regardless if you've seen Jordan play you've heard somewhere through the grapevine that he's the greatest basketball player ever. Which is why his shoes get considered for purchase. Plenty other options for buyers when looking for shoes, why pay $220 for 1990 technology when you can match just as well wearing $200 2016 Lebron's......

It's funny how we all limit Nike to Jordan retro. How about all the Air Max models, flyknit trainers and all flyknit models (lunar...etc), air force ones, huaraches...etc that are bieng sold day in day out? Yes, Nike has still many iconic models that remain relevant, and no, Nike is definitely not dead, and especially retro AJ 1´s. I gope they make tons of these.
you can only compare adidas to JB, adi vs Nike is is a short discussion

Last edited:
I sort of agree.

Outside of the Bred 1 release there is really only about 5 or 6 heavy hitter classic/high demand drops in the Jordan Brand arsenal.

Black Infrared 6's NA OG
White Cement 3 NA OG
Black Cement 3 NA OG
Black Cement 4 NA OG
Royal 1's Remastered

I second this list minus the Concords & add Shadows. Then I'm done with JB.

sdoublead sdoublead Yeah runners in general are pretty hot right now across the board. They've always been hot to most for a long period of time but seems like an influx of people are jumping on this runner wave all of sudden.
I know fam. It all started where I'm from, Europe [emoji]128521[/emoji]

I beg to differ. I guess you are saying this because in your mind adidas=yeezy. But ultra boost hype is comparable to flyknit trainer for example.

A lot of the Boost hype is because the tech is simply amazing but also because Adidas has CAREFULLY controlled supply of UBs and especially NMDs. This helps them push cheap ratchet garbage like Tubular runners to dumb people who only want to wear the same brand Kanye is wearing.

Last edited:
That's fine to think that way as its true

Nike>>>adidas

But adidas has easily the most popular and wanted products on the market at the moment. I hate adidas and pains me to say that but it's true

where can i pre order these? any legit places someone can recommend? 

From the numbers being posted and with Jordan Brands new campaign being, better quality and better quantiles, you shouldn't have to preorder. I would wait a little longer before jumping the gun.
1. Numbers looking good
2. Pre order prices dropped already

Can't bring myself to cop these new adidas, although some are dope.

Ain't no follower b

Nothing about being a follower, while most are copping these new things because it's the new popular thing.

My brother had copped boosts when they first dropped before Kanye wore em and they were mass produced. First time I put them on and fell in love but spend $180+ on adidas was no Bueno.

Finally found grey wools for under retail before hype blew up, hands down most comfortable shoes

Nike>>>adidas

But adidas has easily the most popular and wanted products on the market at the moment. I hate adidas and pains me to say that but it's true
I've never hated Adidas and the true originals have never stopped being in my closet but what product other than boost does adidas have that's easily the most wanted and popular? Even the non primeknit boost isn't getting the same love as the mesh.

Last edited:
Nothing about being a follower, while most are copping these new things because it's the new popular thing.

My brother had copped boosts when they first dropped before Kanye wore em and they were mass produced. First time I put them on and fell in love but spend $180+ on adidas was no Bueno.

Finally found grey wools for under retail before hype blew up, hands down most comfortable shoes
I still haven't copped a pair of UBs but I am curious how comfy they are as others like you have said they are the best.  But again, I do not want to shell out $180 for them as I don't NEED them at all.  I'm actually hoping somehow I can cop the upcoming Olive Green UBs for under retail but highly doubt that will happen lol

I still haven't copped a pair of UBs but I am curious how comfy they are as others like you have said they are the best.  But again, I do not want to shell out $180 for them as I don't NEED them at all.  I'm actually hoping somehow I can cop the upcoming Olive Green UBs for under retail but highly doubt that will happen lol
I'll just let you know IF you do end up buying a pair of UBs that's all you will want to wear going forward (although of course you will still wear your J's from time to time.) They are THAT comfortable, they totally live up to the hype.

Nike>>>adidas

I've never hated Adidas and the true originals have never stopped being in my closet but what product other than boost does adidas have that's easily the most wanted and popular? Even the non primeknit boost isn't getting the same love as the mesh.

Wait what? The boosts are now mainly or all primeknit

And NMD is tech a cheap shoe and those are selling like crazy

Nike doesn't have products out right now moving like these adidas sneakers. I'm a Nike guy all the way but adidas is doing work right now whether you agree or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom