The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
One mans garbage is another man treasure.

In 2011-2013 when I was tired of what JB was dropping whether it be because of quality or because I didn't like the colorways I started shopping for grails. I never let JB's release calendar get the final say in what I buy and what I don't. Fact of the matter is this: you don't like what has dropped in 2016? Well you've literally got 30 other years of releases to pick from.

Actually what irritates me is the disparity between quality releases like these Breds and 90% of the other GRs coming out.. It's like they randomly decide when they want to use quality materials. On top of that, pretty much every retro+ cw to drop this year has been uninspiring. It makes no sense to me.

Flu games - folks were begging for these and well executed

French blue 12 - sick

alternate 12 - sick IMO

Cherry 11 - sick shoes

Navy 11 - sick shoe

Gold 11 - sick shoe if that your color

Cements 4 - folks were crying over these too!!!!!!

white/red OG 2 low - very underrated and comfy. most don't like 2s but the shoe is nice

bred 1 - speaks for itself

Indiglo 14 - great quality but I didn't purchase. Need them to go on sale

White/ Navy OG 1 - quality is on par with any other OG 1.

This is a helluva list for this year so far. Most couldn't afford to purchase but the releases have been solid! I'm blessed to cop all but the 14s plus some other stuff not listed. Also the majority of these are sold out where extremely mass produced. It's been a good year fellas.

All those retro+ cws were terrible. I did forget WC4s released this year though.

Actually what irritates me is the disparity between quality releases like these Breds and 90% of the other GRs coming out.. It's like they randomly decide when they want to use quality materials. On top of that, pretty much every retro+ cw to drop this year has been uninspiring. It makes no sense to me.

It's been like that for ages man, all the more reason to go for your grails and stop waiting for JB to give you something that you're happy with in 2016. I know you've gotta have a bucket list of kicks you want to cop, go after those. Guarantee what JB is doing in 2016 will matter less and less to you.

Here's just a few that i like and bought

Alernate 89's

White cement 4's
Black metallic 5's
French blue 12's
Black and red 12's
Cherry low 11's
Navy low 11's
Red & white 12's
Master 12's 

Metalic navy 1's

Black and red 1's

still need to get both 14's that dropped
My like list is similar but only bought less than half of those.  Only one i wanted, tried to buy and failed were these bred 1's.

No complaints from me in a year where I was able to get White Cement 4's, Black Metallic 5's and Black Red 12's from JB.  Bred 1's would have been the icing on the cake.  I agree that there are too many releases from JB currently but IMO that just makes it easier for me to get mostly what I want.  

All those retro+ cws were terrible. I did forget WC4s released this year though.
Your opinion is definitely in the minority and its an opinion that I can't respect LMAO. To call cherry 11 terrible shows you have no taste in footwear so this debate is over LMAO

Your opinion is definitely in the minority and its an opinion that I can't respect LMAO. To call cherry 11 terrible shows you have no taste in footwear so this debate is over LMAO
Sorry but cherry 11s really weren't all that lol... 
roll.gif

It's been like that for ages man, all the more reason to go for your grails and stop waiting for JB to give you something that you're happy with in 2016. I know you've gotta have a bucket list of kicks you want to cop, go after those. Guarantee what JB is doing in 2016 will matter less and less to you.

Yeah this is true but buying grails is much harder and much more expensive than picking up a GR. Also, the $220 retail on good GRs is really irritating.

The new colorways this year were mediocre at best, if you're impressed by those you'll easily be impressed by dangling keys. Someone can't tell me with a straight face that Bronze tongue 5s, Gold Medal 5s, Nylon 12s and synthetic leather tacky gold 11s were something to blown away by.

I had the og cherrys so  jb dropping them again was 
smokin.gif

And nobody is saying this mans opinion is wrong, i was just joking about him sharing it over and over

Last edited:
Midnight Navy 11s weak, Radio Raheem 2s weak, City Pack 10s mostly was weak. The only thing that was shining was retros of previously made colorways.

The new colorways this year were mediocre at best, if you're impressed by those you'll easily be impressed by dangling keys. Someone can't tell me with a straight face that Bronze tongue 5s, Gold Medal 5s, Nylon 12s and synthetic leather tacky gold 11s were something to blown away by.
all that stuff except gold 11 isn't worth a purchase to me. But my point is we got more good stuff than bad. Do yall realize that has been a release almost every weekend of 2016. A lot stuff has dropped. There's definitely some duds. its how the game goes

The majority of people have loved this shoe for decades add begged JB to retro. No need to defend...the market spoke for me!
Fam, as long as you copped, all good in the hood!  
smokin.gif
  To me, really never enjoyed them so didn't care for them to retro.

This year all I got was WC4 and Bred 1s.  I had the flu games and ended up returning them.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom