The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never understood why people would spray protect on an all leather shoe. I've never had any issues since I was a kid. Hell most of my nu/durabuck shoes aren't sprayed and have never had any issues either. If I was that dude I'd be pissed at crep, that's not a nike problem/issue to me. 

Quote:

is it the same one as the ones that are on nikes though? cause i see some on amazon but its different 
why do you even want the string back on though? if you're gonna resell them later people are gonna spot it's the wrong string and think the pair is sketchy

if you're just keeping them for yourself then what does it matter

Last edited:
Those waiting for prices to drop I think are going to be waiting for a moment that won't come ...

Agreed. I've already given up on getting these for a decent resale.

Oh well, at least Space Jams should be a relatively easy cop, I just wish Jordan Brand had other solid OG 1 releases this year.. Everything else looks awful.
Yeah black toes and Kentucky's are awful. Why would anyone want those trash sneakers in the new mold?

Unless you want to wait 4-5 years for a new retro to come out don't expect price drops. It'll keep going up and up the more people wait. It's evident seeing how it took only a week for it to go from $280 release day to $320-$350 as it is now.

Yeah black toes and Kentucky's are awful. Why would anyone want those trash sneakers in the new mold?

Hard pass on Kentuckys, are black toes officially scheduled for this year?
Yup the 5th of November.

Not to mention we're also getting Top 3s (if those are your thing) and orange Chicago's. Plenty of solid releases left.

Maybe another QS will be thrown in there as well

Yup the 5th of November.

Not to mention we're also getting Top 3s (if those are your thing) and orange Chicago's. Plenty of solid releases left.

Maybe another QS will be thrown in there as well

Ah cool, yeah I think those other two cws are embarassing (like pretty much all retro+ cws these days) but black toes are a silver lining.

Finally got my pairs last night.  Tumble leather on the swoosh is definitely different between the two.  Leather on the red is on point with SBB but the black feels cheap.  Overall it aint SBB replica quality but only 50% there.  But regardless, they still look good and will be unDSing these bad boys for casual friday at work lol

Oh well, at least Space Jams should be a relatively easy cop, I just wish Jordan Brand had other solid OG 1 releases this year.. Everything else looks awful.
Yep 100% agree.  Thats why I said Bred 1s are the last pickup for me this year.  Don't need SJs or TB3s... already good with what I have.  

if i had a dollar for every time you've mentioned this id be able to buy you a pair..

and everybody else that missed 

at resell price 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Yep 100% agree.  Thats why I said Bred 1s are the last pickup for me this year.  Don't need SJs or TB3s... already good with what I have.  

Yeah SJ and BTs are really the only good releases left this year. The rest of the releases are gonna be part of the Jordan Brand Fall 2016 Outlet Collection.

Yeah SJ and BTs are really the only good releases left this year. The rest of the releases are gonna be part of the Jordan Brand Fall 2016 Outlet Collection.
I'm one of the few that doesn't enjoy the high PL cut which resembles more OG than the 2009 version in addition to the 45 rather than the 23 which i really don't like.  Love the 2009 version with the exception my pinky toe gets destroyed on my left shoe within 15 mins of walking now lol.  

TB3s... love them but for 220 with NA and the red liner on the tongue, I'll skip.  But for those true hardcore "I need em" lovers, this will be had.  

You legit sound like an Adidas salesman.

Because I don't blindly buy into JBs garbage releases? There were a few AMAZING releases this year like Flu games and Breds but the majority of retros that released, I would be too ashamed to own and wear (Mango 9 lows, Tinker Oly 7s, Nylon 12s, Letterman 1s, I could go on and on...).

Last edited:
Your point is what exactly? Explain to me how the retro+ cws coming out are not garbage.

One mans garbage is another man treasure.

In 2011-2013 when I was tired of what JB was dropping whether it be because of quality or because I didn't like the colorways I started shopping for grails. I never let JB's release calendar get the final say in what I buy and what I don't. Fact of the matter is this: you don't like what has dropped in 2016? Well you've literally got 30 other years of releases to pick from.

Last edited:
You can count them on one hand dude. This is terrible considering they do weekly releases of these GRs.
Here's just a few that i like and bought

Alernate 89's

White cement 4's
Black metallic 5's
French blue 12's
Black and red 12's
Cherry low 11's
Navy low 11's
Red & white 12's
Master 12's 

Metalic navy 1's

Black and red 1's

still need to get both 14's that dropped

Last edited:
You can count them on one hand dude. This is terrible considering they do weekly releases of these GRs.
Flu games - folks were begging for these and well executed

French blue 12 - sick

alternate 12 - sick IMO

Cherry 11 - sick shoes

Navy 11 - sick shoe

Gold 11 - sick shoe if that your color

Cements 4 - folks were crying over these too!!!!!!

white/red OG 2 low - very underrated and comfy. most don't like 2s but the shoe is nice

bred 1 - speaks for itself

Indiglo 14 - great quality but I didn't purchase. Need them to go on sale

White/ Navy OG 1 - quality is on par with any other OG 1.

This is a helluva list for this year so far. Most couldn't afford to purchase but the releases have been solid! I'm blessed to cop all but the 14s plus some other stuff not listed. Also the majority of these are sold out where extremely mass produced. It's been a good year fellas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom