The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really don’t understand how Kenny Payne changing employers can change Knox.
I’m guessing it’s the whole “X coach used to coach Y player” connection thing

But yeah Knox is just broke at this point he ain’t gonna explode on the scene or anything like that

Knox should've been a 3 year college player. He hasnt improved at all. We'll see a couple of flashes then he'll fall off a cliff again.

Here’s how the scenario is going to play out. The T Wolves are going to have another bad season. There are going to be Rumors KAT wants to reunite with Kenny Payne but doesn’t want Thibs coaching him, then Half the Knicks fans will be calling for Dolan to Fire Thibs if the Knicks aren’t a sixth seed or better so we can trade for KAT. Eventually Dolan will break down and fire Thibs halfway through season 2 and KAT will be traded to another team or remain with the Wolves.

I like that we’re focusing much more on a robust staff and development. That’s all I really ask. Development has always been our problem. I’m hopeful that, at the least, the tough love Kenny Payne and Thibbs brings can only help. We’ve tried the players coach thing to develop our guys and it didn’t work.

Jonathan Macri (@JCMacriNBA) Tweeted:
Acc. to @cleantheglass, last year RJ Barrett joined Ben Simmons, Jared Allen & Rudy Gobert as the only players to see over 1500 minutes & be in the top 10% in both frequency of shots at the rim & shooting fouls drawn.

More in Pt 2 of my RJ deep dive here:

Julius Randle (@J30_RANDLE) Tweeted:
Yessir KP! Nobody works harder and more committed to the players. Love it! 🙏🏿

I dunno man. I want to see what each of these players look like with this new coaching staff. Even Julius at this point. I think the main issue last year was the structure of the team and the coaching seemed to rely too much on him. Hopefully Thibbs is more thoughtful than isolating Julius Randle at the key.

If Randle realizes he's at his best 15 feet and in then sure. He obviously isn't supposed to be a number 1 option.

I'm not really worried about RJ or Mitchell. RJ just has to work on his shooting touch and that'll do wonders for him. Mitch needs to stop with them over the top crossovers and work on not fouling out lol.

I've lost hope for Knox. Frank works hard I think guys like Thibs and Payne could get the best out of him.

Back
Top Bottom