The NBA Hall of Fame thread...who's a lock, on the bubble, or on the way?

Let's just keep this for guys currently playing in the NBA....

IMO, these guys are locks (if I missed anyone my bad)...

-Kevin Garnett
-Jason Kidd
-Kobe Bryant
-Tim Duncan
-Shaquille O'Neal
-Allen Iverson
-Steve Nash
-Dikembe Mutombo
-Alonzo Mourning
-Ray Allen

On the Bubble

-Tracy McGrady
-Dirk Nowitzki
-Vince Carter

On the Way

-Yao Ming
-Lebron James
-Dwight Howard
-Chris Paul
-Deron Williams
-Tony Parker
-Dwayne Wade

On the fence with these guys and I can't decide where to put them, if anywhere at all...

-Carlos Boozer
-Jermaine O'Neal
-Shawn Marion
-Grant Hill
-Ben Wallace
-Paul Pierce
-Chris Bosh
-Elton Brand

Yao already "On the Bubble"?

I've never been good at evaluating HOF'ers in any sport really, but I don't quite see Ray Allen as a lock, or Tony Parker as a Hall of Famer in thefuture.

i thought it was the basketball hall of fame? cuz if it is, the dirk is probably a lock since he is the best international player the nba has had up to thispoint.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

i thought it was the basketball hall of fame? cuz if it is, the dirk is probably a lock since he is the best international player the nba has had up to this point.

exactly. it's not just the nba hall of fame. so alot of these foreign players have a great shot. depending on how much they've done for theirrespective country as far as basketball goes.

Leave Jermaine O'Neal completely out of this post. Paul Pierce in that last category hurts me. He's been a beast nearly his entire career. Glad to seehim get some help this year...

Sadly Grant Hill will never make it. Who knows if he's been healthy those years but he hasn't accomplished enough in a fairly short playing career tomake it.

So, I just went through the list again after thinking about it and I would actually take most people off the list. There is no way that that many activeplayers from this generation deserve that honor.

It's actually easier to state those I would include - the rest haven't accomplished nearly enough to be remembered as one of the best ever.

-Kobe Bryant
-Tim Duncan
-Shaquille O'Neal

probably if we were having the conversation in 5 years.
-Lebron James

And that's it.

Grant Hill is a def lock for the Hall Of Fame.....without a doubt in my mind he is a lock.

If not, at least on the bubble or damn close to making it.

Yao Ming
-Lebron James
-Dwight Howard
-Chris Paul
-Deron Williams
-Tony Parker
-Dwayne Wade

On the fence with these guys and I can't decide where to put them, if anywhere at all...

-Carlos Boozer
-Jermaine O'Neal
-Shawn Marion
-Grant Hill
-Ben Wallace
-Paul Pierce
-Chris Bosh
-Elton Brand
Tony Parker is not making the hall of fame ever. He's one of my favourite players but unless he goes on a huge tear for about 7 or 8 yearshe's going to finish with career averages around 15ppg 4 ast.

You have Deke as a lock, now his claim to fame is what ? Premier defender of a generation and one of only two players to be a 4 time DPOY

Ben Wallace would be? That's right the premier defender of a generation and one of only two players to be a 4 time DPOY.

JO, Bosh, boozer, arent making it either, it's not the hall of very good.

Paul Pierce
smh.gif
Paul should not only be put in the Hall of Fame he should be proclaimed a saint for sticking with the Celtics through all those bad years andstill putting up 25 points per game year after year. Garnett may be getting most of the attention right now in Boston but Pierce will always be the face ofthat organization as long as he's there, and last time I checked he is still putting up 21 points per game even with KG and Allen on HIS team.

Elton Brand is the best player that has not been mentioned as a "lock".

-Jason Kidd
-Kobe Bryant
-Tim Duncan
-Shaquille O'Neal
-Allen Iverson

in todays game those are the only ones i see as LOCKS.

VC,Paul Pierce and Ray allen ant done $#%! to get in any kind of HOF

as much as i like ray allen, i dont think he'll get in. paul pierce might if the celtics end up winning a chip & he's the finals mvp. not sureabout deke either, but the rest of the guys in the lock would make it imo

^ i agree with that list if you add Steve nash to it. He's a white PG who won two back to back MVPs and has essentially dominated at his position the last4 seasons. If you think he won't be rewarded for that go over the list of people currently in the Hall and tell me everyone on that list has multiple ringsor for that matter two MVPs (in consecutive years.)

People make the Hall for excellence but also for extraordinary and unique accomplishments. Sans a title ring, what more does Nash have to prove?

Back
Top Bottom