The NBA Draft Thread

If we go with Simmons then I think we should trade Okafor for the Celtics pick, grab Murray then sign Beal and hope he stays healthy. Need shooters all over for Simmons to be at his best. Will help out Embiid as well.

Should trade Okafor regardless.

Beal has too much injury history to trust on a max deal, Sixers should stand pat on him, they are cheaper options like Bazemore or Crabbe who can do what he does for less.

Last edited:
Funny thing is, if the celtics don't take Oak I'm having a hard time thinking of a team that will. Definitely none with assets like boston. They have all the leverage either to roster the pick or move it elsewhere.

If Philly gets stuck with oak, noel and joel :x

How about trading the oak to Boston and reaching for Hield at 3

Insert PG
Hield
Covington
Simmons
Noel

20 wins. Draft your PG in the 2017 class

Last edited:
If we go with Simmons then I think we should trade Okafor for the Celtics pick, grab Murray then sign Beal and hope he stays healthy. Need shooters all over for Simmons to be at his best. Will help out Embiid as well.
Ask for #3 and Olynyk in exchange for Okafor.

Last edited:
I think they'd have to give up saric if they want olynyk. Plus it would be another logjam. Maybe boston could include another pick in that scenario.

Funny thing is, if the celtics don't take Oak I'm having a hard time thinking of a team that will. Definitely none with assets like boston. They have all the leverage either to roster the pick or move it elsewhere.

I wouldn't take Okafor if I'm the Celtics because they really don't need his offense, they need a rim protector.

They would really be better off getting Nerlens if Philly is really tryna trade him which they shouldn't be.

Hometown kid too.

Like I said:

PG- Ben
SG- Saric
SF- Noel
PF- Jah
C- Embid

Soon...

Last edited:
Simmons on the Sixers is a guy who can't shoot with a bunch of other guys who can't shoot.

He can dominate the NCAA because he was more athletic than any of his competition but his skill set definitely does not lend to him being that good early on.

Ingram is the better ISO scorer and can/isn't afraid to shoot.
You can't act like the Sixers are going to be a title competitor for the next couple years...They are going to take a couple years to fully get everything going, but they will at least be a competent, fun to watch team over the next few years. Thinking about fit at the moment just doesn't make sense.

Simmons will be able to have an impact (not all-star level) off the bat because of his bball IQ. I really think Ingram is going to have a tough time scoring against starting SFs for his first couple seasons as well as trying to defend them.

Why cant philly just KEEP their bigs ? You CAN have a good bench ....seriously its not rocket science man , ben can play SF . Id go against the grain , teams are going small? Simmons is in great shape and can / will get in better shape with 82 game seasons. Put that guy at point and let him become the next magic possibly . Man i felt like the sixers were on NT when i saw the reports of them shopping jahlil okafor ; id legit be mad as hell if i was a sixers fan . Youre trying to trade the ONLY people you can count on offensively (jah) and defensively (noel) ? No wonder this team is in the position they are , theyre management is making me cringe if they trade those guys for an unproven rookie.

Last edited:
Philly has done that before by trading holiday (Noel and 1st round pick) and then trading away carter-Williams (future laker 1st)

Wonder if they're dumb enough to send us Noel if we unprotect next years pick
Is that even possible ?

Last edited:
How about trading the oak to Boston and reaching for Hield at 3

Insert PG
Hield
Covington
Simmons
Noel

20 wins. Draft your PG in the 2017 class
thought the same thing. ish smith 
nerd.gif

Dellavedova makes sense. He can play the 3 & D role with Simmons handling the playmaking duties. There's also the Aussie connection with Coach Brown and Simmons.

Him and McConnell would form the scrappiest PG duo in league history.

Last edited:
Dellavedova makes sense. He can play the 3 & D role with Simmons handling the playmaking duties. There's also the Aussie connection with Coach Brown and Simmons.

Him and McConnell would form the scrappiest PG duo in league history.

You guys keep mentioning these scrubs like McConnell and **** thinking that they're really still going to be on our team/actual rotation players :lol:

That D-League tank roster was dead meat the minute the Colangelos took over. I would definitely be cool with Delly as our backup PG though.

Last edited:
I loved McConnell as a college player, but that dude should not be getting minutes in the NBA :lol:

Delly is a product of LeBron James and crew...no way he should start in any NBA team, even if that team is the Sixers.

Back
Top Bottom