The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

no bs, i had a similar reaction to dana minus the ranking

i'm glad bensons' getting paid, but what does that say about his own view of how he ranks in the ufc, does he not think he can be champ again?

guys like rda and khabib aren't unbeatable for him

Enh, we can speculate about what he thinks about his abilities but let's be real, I think most people in his shoes aren't taking the UFC deal. And regardless of whether he believes he can be the #1 lightweight in the UFC, he's still talented enough to be a top 5 lightweight in the UFC for sure, except he'll make way more money and more than likely hold a title if he fights for Bellator. It's just a smarter move.

I think he made the right move, honestly.

He probably didn't see himself beating the beasts @ 170 and decided to fight lesser competition for more money up front.

That Robbie/Rory fight probably had him shook, :lol:

I think he made the right move, honestly.

He probably didn't see himself beating the beasts @ 170 and decided to fight lesser competition for more money up front.

That Robbie/Rory fight probably had him shook, :lol:

Yeah I doubt Benson or any former 155er wants any parts of Robbie Lawler right now.

It's danas tone and spinning of facts that are ridiculous. "Benson is the #15th ranked, we want top 5 guys". That's just angering to read

Danas idiocy usually doesn't annoy me but for some reason this time I got rustled lol

I think it's those stupid *** rankings. They suck so bad and should not ever be used as something of merit

Last edited:
Yeah the rankings are so damn terrible.

Dana still sounded a bit salty, should have just said we wish him the best.

I read some where he's going to be making 300k show 300k win . Not sure if that's true .

Also this is a good and or bad sign of Baby J. They're really pushing him at jacksons. Him and Diego were sparring today.

View media item 1895231

Bendo was top 5 at LW right before he took the fight on a weeks notice to fight Thatch at WW and saved the card. He went to being unranked once he made the move up to WW. It's not like he was getting washed at LW. Jimmes are def rustled right now.

benson is easily one of the most complete fighters in all of MMA today....

dana using that UFC propaganda to make fanboys think benson was a wash...

benson has made a mark for himself BEYOND the UFC, but in MMA in general....he doesn't need the UFC to validate him like most other fighters.

The way the current system is set up, its hard for former champs to climb all the way back up to the top again....its possible of course but this is a fast moving sport you fall back further than you started.

Look at pettis, dude probably going to have to go to 45 if he wants another belt, 55 is pretty much locked up. Same with cowboy, had to start over in another division....starting over can take years.

It makes sense for bendo to go capture other belts and add to his already impressive resume.....

Phil Davis (possibly Aljamain) jumped ship because he couldn't really compete at 205 and had an opportunity to make more money and exposure somewhere else. Never was certified with that UFC gold.

totally different than what bendo doing.

Aljamain need to stay put and keep winning in the UFC.....put in that work and eventually the TS will present itself.

If he go to bellator and NOT get the belt, or not put together some IMPRESSIVE wins, good luck getting back to the UFC.

the only gold that matters right now if UFC gold, everything else is b-grade...

Last edited:
StrikeForce had something going before .... ugh

But bellator is doing it right IMHO ... doing tourny type bouts for the belt ... the only thing is the inactivity between tournys

And that people are getting hurt during the tourney and can't continue even if they win
laugh.gif
but thats how the UFC started. however, at least now they have sometime to recover.

at the end of the day the ufc needs a serious rival .... tired of Dana dictating what takes place.
this is the problem though, bellator doesn't feel like a rival

it feels like a place where former top ufc fighters go to increase their waning relevance

it isn't like pride where they had these mythical fighters like shogun, wand, and fedor who mma fans wondered would do against the ufc's top fighters

Bendo only really lost to Pettis and RDA

That Cowboy decision was bs

But he's the #15 rank LW?

Ok

Benhendersonfighter.jpg

Last edited:
That Cowboy decision vs Benson 
laugh.gif

I've softened by stance since the fight because I remembered that Cowboy was robbed IMO when they first fought in the WEC

Even a better reason for bendo to sign with bellator and make Dana look like an even bigger **** by winning the title in his first fight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom