The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

roll.gif

roll.gif
that was funny

Looks like Sage got mad hate on Twitter last night from his fellow UFC mates 
laugh.gif

A lot of jealousy that the kid is getting paid a lot more than them.

Khabib with the motivation tho 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 hope dude can stay healthy to work Ferguson

RDA 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
It's 2016, those dudes gotta become more interesting or deal with it. :lol:

Characters sell, not necessarily winners anymore. Fact of the matter is, sage sells because he's so unique :lol:

I can appreciate the prodigy aspect of Sage and the "hype" behind that.

But I feel like I heard the same about Wonderboy just a few years back.

Though Sage is more of an athletic "freak".

Beyond that, I don't see what makes him "interesting".

I can appreciate the prodigy aspect of Sage and the "hype" behind that.

But I feel like I heard the same about Wonderboy just a few years back.

Though Sage is more of an athletic "freak".

Beyond that, I don't see what makes him "interesting".

I think that tweet above sums it up :lol: dude is ALWAYS happy.

And then the stories of him circulating that his dad doesn't let him use the Internet :rofl:

That tweet was the first bit of personality I've seen from him.

I think it's great that he's always happy. He should be.

I just don't find him interesting. Maybe I'm just a born cynic though :lol:

Tomorrow's show with Ariel: 

-Werdum

-Benson

-Coker

-Sage

nerd.gif
 at having Benson and Coker on...

As far as Sage goes, all the talk of him being exposed sounds really silly. Any reasonable person wasn't buying into the hype train of Sage, he's 19 for Christ sake, he wasn't going to become champ in 2016. As far as his contract, life isn't fair. Higher salaries happen to people who don't deserve it in sports and in real jobs every day. All these other guys can go out and test their market value. Someone like Nate Diaz can blame his own dumb *** self for signing his terrible contract in the first place

Last edited:
For the record, no one in here said Sage got exposed. What most are saying is that the UFC did to a certain extent.

BECAUSE they gave a guy a higher salary than guys who've delivered in the Octagon repeatedly. And that probably isn't fair.

But as you said, life isn't fair. And that's fine. Just a shame to lose talented fighters and potential contenders who have actually performed as a result of it.

Last edited:
I'll say it

Sage got exposed

Better enroll in a gracie academy asap

Last edited:
I don't know.. seems unnecessary to say that stuff about the kid.. he's only 19 and trying to better his life and get better at bjj. 
happy.gif

:smh: at y'all making fun of sage trying to better his life. I bet he could whoop your ***.

He's just a kid dammit. Stop being bullies

His skills aren't getting exposed. Most already acknowledged this sport is still new to him and he isn't part of one of the top gyms. He still has a lot to learn.

Effective trolling with the Sage defense after ragging on a fat kid.

As somebody else said, UFC takes all the heat for this, not Sage. Kid got put on way before he was ready to KO fault of his own and had a bunch of y'all calling him the next GSP. Maybe he will be, but it won't be anytime soon. He needs to get with a real team and/or real coaches.

I saw comments of sage being exposed as well as the UFC being exposed. I didn't come up with those out of thin air lol

Until they get a union fighters will always be at the peril of Dana

One question that should be asked is why was that Sage fight at 170.

He normally fights at 155.

They couldn't find anyone at LW to fight on short notice?

One question that should be asked is why was that Sage fight at 170.

He normally fights at 155.

They couldn't find anyone at LW to fight on short notice?

That's a decent question given you would have to believe pretty much anybody at 155 (that isn't in title contention) would have wanted a shot at Dana's up and coming golden child.

Odds are they probably asked him if he would be willing to move up and he said yes. Given his can do attitude and general willingness to please, he wouldn't turn it down.

I think it was good for sage to try the new weight class, just to give him an idea of what it would feel like. Maybe Dana and/or sages camp felt it would be a good idea too

Knew something was up when Ariel said he was having both bendo and Coker on his show

Good for bendo hopefully he got paid. I was one of his biggest fans. Once became champ I felt he became a point fighter but I still appreciated his humbleness

Back
Top Bottom