The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

This Conor dynamic seems like a blessing and a curse to the UFC. The decision on whether or not Conor will vacate will be a real barometer on his power

Dana not going to the conference is bizarre but Conor did say he had whiskey with frettieia so idk

Dana is not about to lose the only cash cow he has ....at least without making the maximum amount he can ...

Crazy to think about all the champions the ufc has and the rest of them don't get much attention. They don't create much buzz around themselves. It doesn't even have to be trash talking or antics, just creating a separate fight persona.

brock was another guy that basically ran his own show. then again, he really didn't "need" the ufc
you got to generate that heat, whether they hate/love you

Crazy to think about all the champions the ufc has and the rest of them don't get much attention. They don't create much buzz around themselves. It doesn't even have to be trash talking or antics, just creating a separate fight persona.

Cormier does a good job of creating buzz. Problem is that he's a paper champion. Until he beats Jones he's not going to be a serious draw.

Cormier does a good job of creating buzz. Problem is that he's a paper champion. Until he beats Jones he's not going to be a serious draw.

Dont get this statement... why would beating bones make him more of a draw

Itll never happen but i dont think knocking off the heel makes you automatically a big draw.

Cormier just has a boring style. Aint nobody tryna watch 15 min of greco grapple

I think any way you cut it, beating better opponents makes you more of a draw.

Jones still my #1 P4P. Striking. Wrestling. Subs. He's shown it all.

Cormier beating him would speak volumes.

Last edited:
jones is a beast and looking like the best mma fighter ever, beating him would raise anyone's stock. Look at how people viewed Gus after he gave him his toughest fight.

JBJ is the demigod of MMA.

Conor is my guy but there is *no one* who can touch JBJ inside the octagon.

I can't wait until we see a JBJ who cares and gives training 100% for the first time. :x :x :x Gonna be ugly for whoever is on the other side.

Top 3 P4P

Jones

Mighty Mouse

McGregor

McGregor is legit and on his way up. Aldo looked well prepared, but has no recent fights which means his timing was off. 

Backtracking a bit, I thought Rousey (or Dana) jobbed the last fight for a rematch. Holm is a dangerous world class striker, but it seemed like that first round wasn't 100% by Rousey unless she was hurt.

jones is a beast and looking like the best mma fighter ever, beating him would raise anyone's stock. Look at how people viewed Gus after he gave him his toughest fight.

I was thinking about that after the Mendes/Edgar fight.

People hyped on Chad because of how he LOST to Aldo the 2nd time. Similar to Gus vs. Jones.

Both great fighters. But what happened to Gus vs. Rumble happened to Chad vs. Edgar.

It's the W's that mean everything. Looking good in a loss, not so much.

In some cases, a fighter might actually match up better with the champ than with another contender. jones doesn't have the punching power that johnson has. Gus took so many power punches from johnson that would've put a normal person in a coma.

Still trying to figure out how Jones is gonna fare at 205 now with the powerlifting. He claims he's 237lbs now and looks damn near as big as Arlovski, low bodyfat too. That cut is gonna be interesting this time around.

If he handles it well tho, whoever he's fighting is getting mauled.

Dont get this statement... why would beating bones make him more of a draw

Itll never happen but i dont think knocking off the heel makes you automatically a big draw.

Cormier just has a boring style. Aint nobody tryna watch 15 min of greco grapple

Boring? Was he boring against Gus? What about Big Foot or Rumble? Against Hendo?

Dude is not a lay and pray wrestler, he is willing to throw punches, looks for big slams and is always working for the finish.

Frankly IDK what you're talking about, a bit confused really.

Cormier would absolutely be a bigger draw if he knocked off Jones, no doubt. It would give him an air of legitimacy he's been missing. He knows how to sell fights and he's fun to watch, at least in my opinion.

I think any way you cut it, beating better opponents makes you more of a draw.

Jones still my #1 P4P. Striking. Wrestling. Subs. He's shown it all.

Cormier beating him would speak volumes.

This, simple math really. 1 + 1 = 2. If Cormier beats Jones it would put him behind only Conor in terms of marketability.

And if Cain loses to Werdum in their rematch then well...That would allow him to explore a return to the HW division after, or rather, IF he beats Jones.

It would set him and the UFC up quite nicely actually for some big HW bouts. I like his chances against Werdum honestly.

That said, I don't see Cormier beating Jones if Jones returns and is close to his pre-suspension form.

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out how Jones is gonna fare at 205 now with the powerlifting. He claims he's 237lbs now and looks damn near as big as Arlovski, low bodyfat too. That cut is gonna be interesting this time around.

If he handles it well tho, whoever he's fighting is getting mauled.

I wouldn't rule out Jones completely forgoing a return to the LHW div and making Cormier chase him into the HW division.

I mean son cleaned out LHW, really has nothing to prove. Gus rematch would've been nice but Gus has since been KO's by Rumble and absolutely washed by Cormier.

He really has nothing to prove and I wouldn't mind seeing him against guys where he wouldn't have such a pronounced size advantage or even no size advantage at all (save for reach which he will almost always have the advantage).

Just from interviews it seems jones really wants that DC fight because DC is a "fake champ" or whatever. I think he'll wait to see what happens with rumble because that's still a good fight too

Back
Top Bottom