The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

What kind of multi-universe **** is this. Sean ******* Strickland is the one to outclass Izzy in the stand up. Holy ****. This is easily the 2nd biggest upset ever. 1 being Serra KOing GSP.

What a great gameplan from Eric Nicksik and the rest of their team. Props to Sean too for actually sticking with it for 25 minutes.

Sean rarely ever checks kicks and he made sure to check them at the start. He pressured and cut off the cage beautifully. Would cut off the corners then trap him along the fence panels and throw his 1,2s. Then started timing the 3s when Izzy was forced to exit that way.

Jarring performance from Izzy. It's like he didn't know what to do when Sean didn't react to the feints. There was no adjustments and they just seemed lost. Also he got knockdown because he threw his lean back hook counter when his back was right on the fence. Which he only ever does in open space.

All the black champs in the UFC dropping smh. Please don't tell me we end the year with Colby winning at 170 :sick:

crazy card

CHarles getting the belt back next month

I got $350 on it

SCREENSHOT THIS AND COMEBACK TO IT YALL HEARD IT HERE

IMG_1537.gif

**** is crazy. Sean straight up broke Izzy in the cage. The Izzy in round 5 tonight looked broken in contrast to the one in the KG round 5. He didn't want to go for it.

2 biggest upset.. 1 is Holly Holms KO on Ronda..
Matt Sera lol

Julianna Pena
Mma is wild, those who dared put money on Strickland have big balls and filled pockets now.
DJ tried to tell ya. It makes his accomplishment or Anderson’s so much more amazing. MMA is a brutal and difficult sport.
I’m still dying at nicksick calling izzy a c sucker

Francis sitting there watching like breh
Eric really said that? He’s usually professional.

Guy should definitely get credit for churning out two UFC champs from Extreme Couture.

Big boxing fan … on coming mma fan . Can anybody explain wtf just happened? This was worst than Spence / Crawford to me as a Spence fan ….

Did Izzy not care? He legit didn’t do anything or make a case to be one of the goats if you never seen him fight before this

Way more ish to worry about than in boxing. You have to worry about athleticism. You have to worry about reach advantages. You have to worry about your opponents weight. You have to worry about wrestling. You have to worry about boxing. You have to worry about Muay Thai. You have to worry about BJJ. You could have to worry about judo smh.

Tyson Fury has reach, height, weight and incredible skills in boxing. But all those apply to one discipline. How many folks you know are true golden glove boxers, legit BJJ black belts, NCAA wrestlers, world champion kick boxers?
crazy card

CHarles getting the belt back next month

I got $350 on it

SCREENSHOT THIS AND COMEBACK TO IT YALL HEARD IT HERE

IMG_1537.gif
I honestly didn’t watch last nights card. Next one, I’m there. Charles could come with the chaos. Based on odds, I’d give it to Islam. And obviously Khamzat/Costa will be big. As well as the return of Mokaev after that crazy last fight. Aliskerov is also on that card.

Bullish

He literally lost to Alex P and Jared Cannonier (though that was a close fight).

Props to Strickland. Even greater props since he ignored his coach’s wrestling game plan and put on a stand up clinic on one of the most technical strikers in MMA history.

I don’t agree with all the cries of Izzy not being HIM. I do agree with him not being the MW GOAT. Anderson didn’t lose for 16 fights in the UFC.

Got a feeling Dana didn’t want Sean to win either 😂
Could be true

I don't think Dana cares about DDP as much without Izzy being champ and Dana sure as hell is holding a grudge against DDP at the moment

Dana was "mad" at Chimaev for the Diaz thing, seems like he's kinda over it now

If Izzy still cares- he will get the belt back, possibly very soon if Dana has a PPV to fill and then I could see Chimaev sending Izzy into retirement. If Izzy loses to DDP though that would also be enough shame to retire

Is Izzy 34?

Hate to say this but maybe take six months off. Chill. Train. Come back like Ronda did with Amanda Nunes. There’s no universe where a Sean Strickland type beats him on the feet. Also where is the dog (metaphor) we saw in the Gastellum fight?

Book DDP vs Strickland. Or Cannonier/Strickland 2. Or winner of Costa/Chimaev.

Morning after and I'm still shocked this man got dropped and easily outboxed by Sean Strickland.

It definitely seemed way too easy, possibly something was actually up with Izzy, but for sure his boxing just got exposed. Strickland had a jab, pressure and was defensively responsible and Izzy just had no answers for it.

Izzy has been posting a few IG stories, bro forcing them smiles through all of this saying he’s “still thriving”

So far he and Eugene haven’t said anything being out of the ordinary

Eugene said it was a perfectly normal camp

Makes it that much more weird

I think him getting dropped the 1st round really hurt him throughout the fight. I don’t think he recovered from that fully. He looked dazed the whole fight

The fact that Izzy is gonna have to live with that performance for the rest of his life is going to take away from his greatness.

I never watched Anderson in his prime but did he ever have a title fight like last night? This was stylistically the easiest opponent Izzy has faced and he got beat at his own game. There was no dog in him. He knew he needed a finish in the fifth and went out there and continued to run the entire round is just embarrassing man.

The fact that Izzy is gonna have to live with that performance for the rest of his life is going to take away from his greatness.

I never watched Anderson in his prime but did he ever have a title fight like last night? This was stylistically the easiest opponent Izzy has faced and he got beat at his own game. There was no dog in him. He knew he needed a finish in the fifth and went out there and continued to run the entire round is just embarrassing man.
Anderson has had plenty of horrible title fights

He's clearly the MW goat but let's not act like Anderson didn't have many stinkers

But those horrible title fights Anderson won right?

Izzy lost a decision to Sean where he only won one round after everyone was talking about ddp/khamzat fighting Izzy next

Back
Top Bottom