The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Didn't see the fight but just saw the ESPN headline. How tf did Sean win? And by decision? Figured his only path would be to go for broke early and have izzy make a costly mistake. Where do you put this in terms of biggest ufc upsets?
2 biggest upset.. 1 is Holly Holms KO on Ronda..

“You do the rematch” -Dana White

Yup

IMG_3074.gif

Thank god this guy didn't get smoked by DDP, that **** woulda legit depressed me :smh:. I'll take Strickland all day over the boer

Not looking forward to Izzy and Strickland rematching, but if Khamzat manages to get past Costa hopefully he gets the next title shot. And DDP gets his jaw cracked by Cannonier or someone

Eugene said he doesn’t think he needs to change much for the rematch but he made it a point to say rematch camps are very difficult, nearly impossible

With that said he said he wants the rematch tomorrow

Big boxing fan … on coming mma fan . Can anybody explain wtf just happened? This was worst than Spence / Crawford to me as a Spence fan ….

Did Izzy not care? He legit didn’t do anything or make a case to be one of the goats if you never seen him fight before this

Big boxing fan … on coming mma fan . Can anybody explain wtf just happened? This was worst than Spence / Crawford to me as a Spence fan ….

Did Izzy not care? He legit didn’t do anything or make a case to be one of the goats if you never seen him fight before this
Drake curse . *as his excuse*

Pretty sure you’re right. He probably didn’t care enough and didn’t think Sean could hurt him

Sean on the other hand had a perfect game plan and stayed disciplined

Izzy is a counter striker and Sean never left himself open, I don’t think a single time which is amazing

Sean walked him down for 25 min yet didn’t stay in range and used his high guard well and his straight punches to lower the chances of counter hooks

Just feel like Izzy didn’t care. Like Dana said in the presser, everyone knew Izzy was down going into the last round and he still didn’t put his foot on the gas and try to fight for a finish.

Honestly I just think Izzy lacks good boxing fundamentals. It's the biggest difference between Izzy and Anderson imo, Anderson was one of the better MMA boxers we've ever seen and Izzy's boxing is much weaker in comparison.

Kickboxing base and boxing base ain't the same. Izzy does way too much dancing around and point fighting with kicks because he lacks a significant advantage when staying in the pocket. He got beat tonight by a guy that simply came forward and worked behind a jab. Also Gastelum is a solid MMA boxer with fast hands and he gave Izzy. serious problems. In the Jan fight Jan was winning alot of the standup with Izzy by simply outboxing him. And Poatan I believe has better hands as well.

I think Izzy's strength is not trading in the pocket, it's a weakness for him, which is why he tends to fight in his point fighting style. And tonight it bit him in the *** because he was fighting a guy who kept pressuring and fought behind a jab. Strickland did nothing spectacular, just the basics, and Izzy just couldn't find enough openings to offset the basic work that was getting done.

I see adesanya vs Strickland rematch

Or cannonier vs izzy for the #1 contender
( going off of him being the backup fighter tonight

Back
Top Bottom