The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Topuria is impressive, just not undeniable or anything at the moment, at least not from what I've seen so far. Peak Max or Volk both beat him and I even think Yair could get him too. He definitely has power and what looks like some improved boxing on his side, but I kinda think one of the best things he has going for him is just youth in a somewhat aging division. Volk 34, Kattar 35, Max 31 but older in fight years, Emmett 38, Zombie finished, Giga 34, Ortega 32 and taken some serious beatdowns. Topuria, Arnold Allen, Evloev and Yair seem like the current future of the division.

We were literally just talking about how badly aging fighters perform at the top level in the lower weight divisions, so dude beating a 38 year old Emmett who just came off getting throttled by Yair isn't exactly the most surprising of outcomes. Topuria will def fight for the title at some point though.

Watching yair get beaten up by zombie for 4.95 rounds just has never sat well with me so I’m not gonna give him the edge over topuria who is destroying at the moment

Yair gave max a lot of damage but clearly lost, granted he did also beat emmett

In a matchup I think topuria has a much more well rounded game and again improving defense. Im giving topuria the edge

Peak max is one of the goats of the division. Current max would take damage for sure and potentially lose

Listened to heck of a morning from yesterday

1. Mike heck said topuria in person looked way faster and quicker than on t.v.

2. A caller mentioned topuria’s instagram followers have reached nearly 1 million (he’s at 945k)

I didn’t think topuria was that popular….

Listened to heck of a morning from yesterday

1. Mike heck said topuria in person looked way faster and quicker than on t.v.

2. A caller mentioned topuria’s instagram followers have reached nearly 1 million (he’s at 945k)

I didn’t think topuria was that popular….
Man's an international star in the making if his career progression continues. It's american ignorance, but people don't realize how big Sergio Ramos is globally. He had him fly over from Europe to Jacksonville to attend a damn fight night. Then partied together in Miami right after.

If someone has a huge following, is getting finishes and dominating other ranked fighters- it’s ok that he isn’t the next max, conor or volk. That is irrelevant

If a he deserves a title shot, that’s ok. There literally is nobody else that deserves it

I don’t really understand why there’s been so much push back in here on topuria. From criticizing his performance against emmett to comparing him to prime max and volk. Why do that

Timing is everything. Topuira should fight the winner of Volk/Yair (if there isn’t a rematch if Yair wins or Volk isn’t chasing the Islam rematch if he wins).

He had a great showing on ABC. Is the most relevant up and coming challenger for the title coming off several wins.

If he’s becoming a star, one million followers…good for him as it allows him to become an influencer and make money on the side versus the cheap pennies Dana and em giving.

Funny thing is Topuria isn't even in his prime yet. People forget the man came in to the ufc known primarily as a grappler. You can see the real progression in his game fight to fight. From the defensive holes being plugged to the new tools he's adding offensively. Man's clearly high level already at 26, can't wait to see what he is as a finish product.

Hopefully Topuria stays til IFW. Man's need to be here next week doing media calling for the winner and sitting cage side for the title fight.

Forgot that he retired in January and then I retired a month later lol

IMG_8186.gif

Forgot that he retired in January and then I retired a month later lol

I’m a fan of damir and I don’t even think he winning this weekend. His last fight showed his holes in his game which was being wrestled and he’s matched up with a guy who’s gonna be looking to take his back.

1. I thought cooper was a couture coach
2. I thought vetorri was training with cordeiro to get his striking right

Dewey is real tight with Eric but he runs his own gym. He'll only help train and corner a selected few fighters from XC as a boxing/striking coach. Vettori left Cali after the beating from Rob, I think.

Jfc, why is Kelvin taking a 170 fight in a short time. With his injury history, he should've took 6-12 months to do it right. Hopefully they have a back up in place already because he definitely isn't making that in 3 months. Really wanted to see him at 170 too smh.

There we go, Volk wants him next. Even putting the Islam fight on hold. Yair is going to make him walk through hell, so Sydney might be too quick of a turnaround. Hopefully, he could get in as a co main at MSG or the December ppv if he wins. The good thing is they're both on the same timeline.

There we go, Volk wants him next. Even putting the Islam fight on hold. Yair is going to make him walk through hell, so Sydney might be too quick of a turnaround. Hopefully, he could get in as a co main at MSG or the December ppv if he wins. The good thing is they're both on the same timeline.

Yair will lose but damage volk

I think it should be similar to yair vs max

Topuria fighting max makes zero sense

Have no idea who this guy Strickland is fighting

He's not ranked lol

He had an impressive debut KOing his opponent with quickness. Helps his name is magomedov. He’s also had like 2/3 fights fall thru due to his opponents fault so ufc has actively been trying to book him. Sean said basically there was no other options for him except magomedov or sit out another 6 months so he took the fight without hesitating to get paid.

He made it to the PFL championship fight as a heavy favorite a few years back but got upset KO. Hard hitter that likes to throw kicks but nothing special. He's really just another MW. If Magomedov doesnt land something crazy in the 1st, then Strickland by death of 1000 jabs. Might even get a late finish.

Co main is a way better and more intriguing fight.

Back
Top Bottom