The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yair had a lucky route to his interim belt. Destroyed by Holloway, Ortega gets injured first round giving Yair a rebound win for nothing, then fights Emmett after Kattar was robbed in their fight.

If those are your only options, let Volk dog walk Topuria if he isn’t moving up to 155.
I don't disagree with any of that but it doesn't change the fact that there's obvious title contenders since there's no other options

It doesn't help when they match up obvious title contenders against Max either

What is the point of giving guys a shot at Volk if Max can beat the brakes off them?

Arguing it is less fun is pointless, if they ca’t be Max they clearly don’t deserve a title shot.

Max had an epic title reign, the disrespect is real.

When Volk beats Yair he should permanently move up to 155 if he continues to argue for a rematch with Islam. Double champ fights are as detrimental to the divisions as instant rematches for champions are a cancer.
I mean, should Izzy have not fought Jared or any of the other contenders because Rob can smoke those guys too?

I think Volk is the best fighter in the promotion right now but styles makes fights. Even if i dont think he l will win, Yair does things that Max can't that could possibly give Volk problems.

Even if none of these guys beat him, I would still like to see Volk rack up title defenses instead of going for the 2nd belt. Clean the division out and really start to cement yourself as an all timer.

I agree. There just happens to be divisions where the top two guys probably beat all contenders like men’s Featherweight, WW, and MW (you can make arguments for fly weight, bantamweight, etc).

Topuria should not fight Max. Max should move up to LW OR do money fights.

If Volk beats Yair, he could probably turn around for December or January. Topuria should get the next title match. And do an Arnold Allen rehab and evaluate the rest of the division of who can get the push.

Max has beaten Kattar, Yair and Arnold. All guys who could have challenged for the title sooner.

No one wants to see Volk/Holloway 4!!

If volt beats yair with little damage I’d like to see him turn right around for that September card in Australia if possible

It was a great performance, but Max’s legacy outweighs the ego that says fight me in Spain.

Max should tell him “lets scrap in Waianae, young buck.“

I'm all for Topuria getting the next shot, especially if Volk beats Yair. This also comes from a big Max fan, I wasn't big on the Arnold fight but Arnold clearly lost so he'll need couple more wins before getting back in the title convo.

They should stopped the Emmett/Topuria fight midway through the 4th round imo.

This is how guys get brain damage….taking unnecessary punishment long after they had any realistic chance to win the fight. Way too many mma coaches still refuse to accept that.

…like Team ALPHA MALE.

I'm all for Topuria getting the next shot, especially if Volk beats Yair. This also comes from a big Max fan, I wasn't big on the Arnold fight but Arnold clearly lost so he'll need couple more wins before getting back in the title convo.
The title train has to continue. After Topuira, who has next? Volk is a semi active champ. Sucks for Arnold. Who is he supposed to fight? The loser of Yair/Volk? Or Emmett? T City? Giga?
They should stopped the Emmett/Topuria fight midway through the 4th round imo.

This is how guys get brain damage….taking unnecessary punishment long after they had any realistic chance to win the fight. Way too many mma coaches still refuse to accept that.

…like Team ALPHA MALE.
There’s always going to be show/win. The reason why Tafa wanted to keep fighting is he wanted his win money. They really need to do away with show/win. AND there’s the mentality of any given round of landing that hay maker. Word to David Onama or Alex Pereria.

If Alex gets the dub against Yair and doesn't take too much damage I could see them making the Topuria fight by end of the year.

If Alex gets the dub against Yair and doesn't take too much damage I could see them making the Topuria fight by end of the year.
It’s clearly the fight to make unless they do the volk Islam rematch

Currently there’s nothing interesting for Islam at 155, so that could mean volk Islam 2 and then max vs topuria for interim 145

Topuria should wait for the title shot cuz Max literally walks on these types of young contenders.

I’m afraid Max’s only title contention at FW is if Yair wins against volk. Otherwise, I see him having big money, BMF fights at LW.

Personally I don’t want to see Topuria vs Max since those are both my dawgs, and I strongly believe max clears him.

Don’t want topuria vs max at all either but Max’s skill set isn’t that advantageous over topurias if at all

Plus everyone loses to Father Time eventually

People underestimating topuria a lot in here in the potential max matchup and I’ve been one of Max’s biggest supporters

Max's last fight, he didn't look spectacular but that could've been more a symptom of Arnold. Even Yair was a tough out for Max. We're talking about the top of the division.

I think with the lay of the land, Topuria should get the next title shot. But he hasn't fought top five in FW. Even though he's on the decline, at least Emmett did that.

Max's last fight, he didn't look spectacular but that could've been more a symptom of Arnold. Even Yair was a tough out for Max. We're talking about the top of the division.

I think with the lay of the land, Topuria should get the next title shot. But he hasn't fought top five in FW. Even though he's on the decline, at least Emmett did that.
Emmett still top 5 last time that I checked (few seconds ago lol). But point being look at Yair, guy lost to Max, beat Ortega due to injury and then finished Emmett. Before Max fight his last win was in 2019! Against a guy no longer in the UFC no less. Can't always put too much stake in the rankings.

Max clearly beat yair and kattar but max also clearly took a ton of damage against both of them too

Only a matter of time before these young hammers get the better of max

Can’t be taking beatings forever without losing

Max beats the young bull in Topuria but it takes alot out of him....

if its not for a belt, I wouldn't do it.

At this point in Max career, he should be looking for MONEY FIGHTS

Beating an up and contender in Topuria does nothing for Da Hawaiian Kickboxa

He's made, nothing left to prove.

Max versus wouldn’t be bad. It would be who has better MMA boxing. I forsee Max voluming Conor to death since Max got a good chin (and wasn’t on McGregor’s highlight reel pre Mayweather.

But Max versus Gaethje is cool too.

Back
Top Bottom