The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

He should absolutely fight a top 10 guy after this win

Whoever that is, it's going to be an effin banger

Song, Munhoz, Simon, Yanez just to name a few

I really hope that’s on a main card on a ppv at that point. No reason he should be fighting on fight nights

Kind of what I'm thinking. Fighting Jan or Ankalaev would be a decent matchup but does little for his legacy rather than avenging the loss to Jiri.
Short notice against someone like Ankalaev would be rough and then if he loses he never gets the Jiri rematch. For a guy with maybe one or two fights left in him that's probably not a risk he's willing to take. Nor should he tbh.

Man, tough to see glover walk away like this. Hopefully they can pull a rabbit out of a hat to add some juice to the card. Assuming as of right now paddy is the co main

Short notice against someone like Ankalaev would be rough and then if he loses he never gets the Jiri rematch. For a guy with maybe one or two fights left in him that's probably not a risk he's willing to take. Nor should he tbh.
Jiri won't even have the belt though by the time he comes back so holding out for a Jiri rematch is pointless

I get it if he didn't want to take a short notice fight for the belt, if he's not retiring and still wants one more title fight, I guess they could have the winner of Jan/Ankalaev fight Glover next

But title shots can be few and far between. Hopefully it won't bite Glover in the *** since he's old already. The division isn't that great right now anyway

Jiri won't even have the belt though by the time he comes back so holding out for a Jiri rematch is pointless

I get it if he didn't want to take a short notice fight for the belt, if he's not retiring and still wants one more title fight, I guess they could have the winner of Jan/Ankalaev fight Glover next

But title shots can be few and far between. Hopefully it won't bite Glover in the *** since he's old already. The division isn't that great right now anyway
Yea, I think the issue is that they threw him Ankalaev. Glover is 43 and Ankalaev is different fight than Jiri…I can understand if he didn’t want that fight on short notice.

Glover trying to call the shots with fighting Jan or fighting in Brazil and Dana said hell nah :rofl:

They give zero dambs about Glover :smh::lol:

Glover aint even guaranteed a title shot after Jan/Anakalev :lol:

Makes sense though, Glover is old as hell and isn't really in their future plans

I knew there was something there with Glover just not taking the offered title shot

Glover trynna put together fights like he still the champ.
AD0A91A1-B61F-46D4-B72F-0F902C107F10.gif

Back
Top Bottom