The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

The fact gaethje is waiting to try and fight the winner shows how these top guys are just stalling the division
They’ve all lost to khabib and lost to each other

At this point all 3 of em have lost a lot of luster

Kind of just waiting til they filter out tbh. Still put on exciting fights but yeah, the intrigue on all 3 has waned quite a bit

I had Yan winning the fight but wouldn't call it a robbery either. The first round was close and could see why the judges could have scored it for Suga.

I “think” (I was possibly lucid) and heard Mike Heck say it wasn’t a robbery and he had Sean winning round one.

I’ve heard Big John, Josh Thompson, Luke Thomas, Brian Campbell, Sean Sheehan, etc say it was a robbery. Ol Joe Rogan ramble about control time versus damage.

It sort of sucks these bodies don’t expound after a controversial finish a la the NBA.

I “think” (I was possibly lucid) and heard Mike Heck say it wasn’t a robbery and he had Sean winning round one.

I’ve heard Big John, Josh Thompson, Luke Thomas, Brian Campbell, Sean Sheehan, etc say it was a robbery. Ol Joe Rogan ramble about control time versus damage.

It sort of sucks these bodies don’t expound after a controversial finish a la the NBA.
Wait what

Luke very explicitly said it wasn't a robbery. I don't think any of those guys said it was a robbery, I don't remember either Weighing In nor Morning Kombat using "robbery". They may have had Yan winning but they didn't use the word robbery

It really wasn't a robbery, you could score round 1 or 3 either way. People were caught up in the takedowns imo

I had yan winning, but to me it doesn’t matter. What I dislike more is how inconsistent judging has been as a whole. If O’Malley won based off of damage, didn’t sandhagen beat dillashaw?
Yeah I'm with you but that's the nature of judging. This doesn't just go for MMA it goes for anything with criteria that is subjective

I've said this for years and I'll continue to say it, round by round scoring and the 10 point system is flawed. PRIDE judging is superior and makes it easier on the judges to score the overall fight and who did more in the 15 or 25 minutes

Now, the O'Malley vs Yan fight, even if it was PRIDE scoring I honestly would say it would be a close fight to score still but imo I'd still score it for Yan based on the overall fight and how he had O'Malley damaged and controlled more

Never occurred to me that a Belal v Chimaev matchup would be great simply because Khabib might coach and corner Belal?

idk if he's gonna train with him full time but that'd be a great storyline if so

Belal looked different last weekend, I think Khabib had a lot to do with that

My man had a humble cockiness.

Him versus Conor was a convergence of differing brashness and wills.

When Khabib won…it felt like he conquered the person. Islam coming with that same energy. And with that mouth piece, his stock is only going to raise.

I wish Jon would come back. His P4P #1 has been up for grabs since he lost to Reyes lol.

Back
Top Bottom