The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Seemed like Whitaker did a lot of lunging forward when trying to strike. Seemed odd to me. He almost looked like he was rushing things while Izzy was more relaxed. Not sure if that was the lay-off between fights for Rob. So the Izzy/Costa is next but who’s next for Whitaker??

espn/ufc better not drop the ball in pushing this guy as one of the faces in the company

They really should. He’s got star power. He can appeal to adults and teens too. Might even touch a woman or two lol.

We haven’t dog out his skeletons but definitely at the moment on the up than JBJ and Maclife.

They’ve needed someone since Rousey/McGregor.

I think the UFC should push Khabib and Izzy to the moon.

Masvidal and Nate there. Bad boys. And in the right setting will give you dog fights or spectacular KOs/finishes.

Tony even has some weird appeal.

UFC is definitely a dumb company promotion wise. Cheap on the promo. Cheap on fighter pay.

Hooker vs Porier? Thoughts?

I’m curious if Porier will accept. High risk, little reward.

Poirier already said no and that McGregor is next. Take that for what you will.

Don’t think Hooker deserves that fight to be honest though. Poirier was interim champ and just lost to Khabib. Hooker got annihilated by Barboza then beat a terrible Vick and Al.

I didn't realize they made the Yair vs Stephens in Boston. Yaie actions after the eye poke makes me dislike dude.

Poirier already said no and that McGregor is next. Take that for what you will.

Don’t think Hooker deserves that fight to be honest though. Poirier was interim champ and just lost to Khabib. Hooker got annihilated by Barboza then beat a terrible Vick and Al.

Run it bawk. Barbosa humiliated Hooker.

Cowboy, Felder are the only other options. Justin and Dustin arewaiting. Tony/Khabib probably next title match.

Run it bawk. Barbosa humiliated Hooker.

Cowboy, Felder are the only other options. Justin and Dustin arewaiting. Tony/Khabib probably next title match.

Felder would be good for sure. He might be tied up with a third fight with Barboza though.

Jones knows that he aint clear cut p4p goat in the fans eyes anymore with his history of pissing hot and guys like khabib and now izzy being clean and dominant

If he is smart he should try and get ufc to rush that fight asap before that kid gets even better and jones start slowing down

lol im on the izzy hype train and all but lets not get ahead of ourselves

jon beat like 5x whittakers in a row, obviously jon is in the later stage of his career....but he still hasn't lost, and honestly he's fighting tougher guys than say khabib has.

No one touching jon's run, this fool's run is STILL going......

Jones knows that he aint clear cut p4p goat in the fans eyes anymore with his history of pissing hot and guys like khabib and now izzy being clean and dominant

If he is smart he should try and get ufc to rush that fight asap before that kid gets even better and jones start slowing down

Theres P4P rankings and then theirs GOAT rnakings.

Khabib might be in the arguement for best lightweight ever and Israel is #1 in the current MW rankings but neither belong in the same breath as Jones.

Despite all the issues Jon is Mt. Rushmore.

Jon, would be a bad fight for Izzy at the moment. Jon has a great wrestling base, walks around 225 pounds, has a 4” reach advantage and years of experience. If Jon could out wrestle DC, it would be nothing for Izzy to get on his back.

I think Izzy’s striking is better. AND Jon hasn’t looked good since coming back from his PED suspension. Santos, arguably (with one good leg), won.

Just think Jon is jealous of Izzy’s light right now. Izzy is literally the it guy. Jon was that dude. Folks considered Jon the MJ of MMA. He had a Nike contract.

Jon wouldn't move up for a HW fight with DC but is now going to be fighting at that weight in a year or so?

The ****?

Or Bones is just trying to lay the bait for the hottest act in MMA right now.

Especially since Fat Boy (his only real rival) is scared of fighting him a 3rd time

Jon wouldn't move up for a HW fight with DC but is now going to be fighting at that weight in a year or so?

The ****?

I dont think Jones ever had plans to beef with Izzy he jus hasn't had a real opponent in a year plus. Just tryna keep his name in the collective conciousness

Theres nothing left for him but HW. I hope izzy makes him wait 2 more years

Theres P4P rankings and then theirs GOAT rnakings.

Khabib might be in the arguement for best lightweight ever and Israel is #1 in the current MW rankings but neither belong in the same breath as Jones.

Despite all the issues Jon is Mt. Rushmore.
if you popped and failed a test, you are out of the discussion. i am labeling you a cheater and slapping an asterisk
but that's just me
i don't think GOATs need to take shortcuts and try to cheat the system

Back
Top Bottom