The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

on one hand Izzy just proved he is as good is believed him to be. On the other, Costa is so juiced and punches through everything with such power that he worries me. That fight is really gonna have me on edge.

Bobby saw how Gastellum had some success with coming in hard and thought he could do it. Once Izzy got the timing down it was game over. I am hyyyyped mannn. Izzy got the juice man.

Adensaya talks the talk and walks the walk his movement was so good.

His rant on Costa was hilarious.

Although, Israel's head movement, foot work, kicking, punching, all of it; is the most precise and smooth **** ive ever seen in the UFC. Costa might be too slow and will be just a juiced punching bag like Israel called him earlier in the week.

giphy.gif

EGK6iYnUcAAs5Ff

Last edited:
It's crazy this was Izzy's easiest fight in the UFC... Over a dude who went thru 10 rounds with Yoel..

I feel like Israel Costa fight could come pretty soon. They should make tony khabib, israel costa mega card.

Adesanyas timing, cool under pressure. Nice to watch. Had the Reaper winning this one. But the last style bender continues to prove me wrong. Rooting for this guy against Acosta.

Just saw the fight. Whitaker was winning round one with his aggressive lunges...until he got touched in the closing seconds.

Round two was Izzy countering the lounges with a hook.

I’d like to see them run it back. But Izzy definitely got some murderers waiting for him in Costa, Canoneer, etc.

And Al looked tentative with Hooker. Hooker picked him apart. I was also impressed with how Hooker reversed Al’s takedowns.

Crazy that Barbosa is not in the top ten or I’d say run it back. I don’t think Hooker would take a fight with Porier, Gaethje...maybe McGregor.

and stylebender still undefeated, conor came into the UFC with 2 losses.....

enjoy this run, I think he dispatches costa fairly easy....

He def got that wirey hearns KO power like someone mentioned....

The into was too much, but the boy put on a show in there.

He clearly made the adjustments from the KG fight, dood is bout his craft.

Hooker looked good too, he's precise with them strikes men lol

israel trying to be huge star/entertainer and not just a fighter
this is a huge fight and could propel him to a big fight vs jones. hopefully, he shows up on the big stage cause whittaker a bad dude

I think Israel is just being himself.

He’s original in the way he talks, acts and dude just has the aura of a star.

He doesn’t have to ‘try’ and run schtick like Cejudo or Colby.

And looking forward.....

Israel vs Costa = Anderson vs Vitor 2.0

Izzy gets hit clean more than Anderson in his prime. Also Anderson’s chin was super solid, I don’t ever remember seeing him get rocked until late in his career (1st Chael fight which was more of an off balance knockdown tbh, and then Weidman of course). The fact that Gastelum rocked Izzy the way he did is slightly concerning if he’s gotta face a dude like Costa. But to be fair maybe KGs hands and striking in general might be underrated. I honestly thought KG had a real good chance of beating Whittaker in the lead up to that canceled title fight.

Either way I’m looking forward to SBs next fight, I was skeptical tbh but he really showed his class against Whittaker. Dude is nice

Cpp things bothering me in the analysis of what happened....

OF COURSE! This fight was easier than Gastellum! it was always gunna be that way unless he lost. It was a 5 rd war.

Ok, now that we've established that. Kelvin is the best boxer in the division. Periodt. If you dont think hes as good as Yoel fine but hes actually alot better, technically. If Kelvin had Yoels body it would be problemssss. Yoel is 40 and is cardio isnt what it was 5 years ago.... when it was trash.

If they fought I'm takin Kelvin. Yoels wrestling is elite but he doesnt use it to impose his will just keep his opponent off. Kelvin would figure him out and touch that chin.

So yea I think alot of MMA math has been done around yoel in particular when you look at the division.

Def think the juice monkey boachina is the fight hes alrdy proven against hall that his power can overcome technical deficiencies but ultimately I think he gets picked apart or pops hot in the lead up.

download (3).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom