The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

i’ve yet to see a well accomplished wrestler in the ufc miss weight. The emphasis that they put on you to make weight isn’t comparable

BiggRiggBurgers.jpg

:lol:

Never rocked with "Bigg Rigg" but I take no pleasure in asking, have we seen a more steep decline in recent MMA? Hendricks went from nearly upsetting GSP to being 2-6 in his last eight bouts. He's getting finished by middle-of-the-road guys like Timmy Boetsch and a sacrificial lamb for up-and-comers like "Borrachinha."

First fight of the prelims. I've got the Jersey boy, Mickey Gall, by KO 1. Never gonna tell a fighter when it's time to stop, but the public sense is Diego has pushed it past the limit.

mickey needs to know there's levels to this ****
dude lucked out with cm punk fight/hype
he really thought he could get one on diego and his worn out chin

Vintage "Nightmare" Sanchez. Right when I was suggesting he's way past his prime. Fought very intelligently.

Gall did catch Diego with a nasty counter left hook in R2. Just didn't have the gas tank to follow up on it. All that time on the bottom in R1 emptied Mickey's cardio. Especially those short, precise elbows Sanchez was landing.

Sanchez's sub D was on point too. Read everything Gall was trying to do in the grappling exchanges. Diego never been submitted in his career.

Edit:
Bruv, Diego's last finish was 2008. On Luigi Fioravanti.

Vintage "Nightmare" Sanchez. Right when I was suggesting he's way past his prime. Fought very intelligently.

Gall did catch Diego with a nasty counter left hook in R2. Just didn't have the gas tank to follow up on it. All that time on the bottom in R1 emptied Mickey's cardio. Especially those short, precise elbows Sanchez was landing.

Sanchez's sub D was on point too. Read everything Gall was trying to do in the grappling exchanges. Diego never been submitted in his career.

sanchez a black belt. they hyped up gall like he was damian maia :lol:
this was easy money on the "underdog" sanchez

Diego aint been sub in 39 fights

Only way Gall was winning was by a sub. Stood no chance imo

+200 was crazy disrespectful lol crazy value

Diego aint been sub in 39 fights

Only way Gall was winning was by a sub. Stood no chance imo

+200 was crazy disrespectful lol crazy value
I feel you but also get why Mickey was the favorite. Diego's chin is significantly eroded. He's been getting waxed by "Immortal," 'Raging' Al and J-Lau. Never thought Gall would submit Sanchez, but definitely believed Mickey could KO "Nightmare." That counter left hook landed flush on the button. Gall just didn't have the cardio to follow it up with anything significant.

Back
Top Bottom