The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

That press conference was perfect. Did it’s job in boosting the coverage and excitement for the fight. Both fighters did there job perfectly. Don’t get how people choosing who won or lost a press conference. Lol. Both fighters love the fact that this is blowing up.

I feel like it’s gonna be Khabib, moving up to 170 vs Woodley OR GSP for a “superfight”, then Nate Diaz trilogy and probably calls it a career

I agree with Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat ... don’t see him rematching Max or Diamond at this point in his career

I could see if max beats Ortega and then moves up to lightweight and beats someone like tony, and conor keeps winning I could see them rematching

I think there’s other options ahead of max though

I most want to see conor vs Tony though

No one said so and so won or lost the conference.

The conference was held to generate promotion/buzz for 229. Conor was the show piece, since he's handled multiple press campaigns (Aldo, RDA/Diaz, Alvarez, Mayweather) exceptionally well.

The main issue was the lack of local and ethnic crowds to add to the energy of the press conference. Conor delivered a lackluster performance (but not his fault due to the conditions).

Imagine what Conor would have been like if an Irish crowd had been there.

It's also lame that the other card participants weren't there to add to the energy. It would have been off the chain if Pettis and Ferguson had been there.

Yeah they ****** up not having the crowd there, energy and hype wasn’t the same without the crowd reactions. Dana truly does the stupidest **** at times

Also I’m very curious to see how this plays out. I see a lot of casual fans in the comments on ig saying Conor is all talk, he’s gonna run his mouth and get stopped just like with Mayweather. Wonder what happens to his popularity and drawing power if Khabib manages to hand him this L. And if Conor takes an L, does he go back to fighting contenders and working his way up? Or is he too big for that at this point

If he knocks him out cold though he’s back on top of the game. Gotta say, love him or hate him, mma is more exciting when dude is involved and winning

I agree with Super and black on all fronts

I get that wme didn’t want any problems with crowd control but honestly they could have staffed it properly and took the measures to keep it safe

Wme really being tight budgeted to save as much as they can it seems. Also it was reported by mmafighting that putting on events in New York is especially expensive, that could also be a factor in the non

Was looking forward to Tony being in the same press conference as both these guys before 229 at some point

That video was hilarious. Dude is blessed at what he does. Horrible human being. But I’m sure a great party goer (as long as there’s no driving or way for him to tell on you).

Yeeesh, TJ really stole Barao's soul. Renan seems to be too big for BW but a smaller FW. Crazy how he was in the top P4P discussion for a period and then basically fell off a cliff.

He said he had a broken hand. It just seemed u realistic to think he’d be back so soon.

But they have a chance to have some decent cards down the line. Just have to realize that for the first time, MSG is going to be a weak card.

Every fight/round starts standing up.....

I think there is more pressure on khabib to get the takedown rather than for conor to avoid the takedown.

If they think they can just rush in and get the single/dbl or push him up against the fence for the td then they already lost

Khabib can not fight like he did against iquinta with mcgregor, he will get dropped.

So with that being said I think the pressure is on khabib. Going to be a big stage, biggest fight of his career, all the intangibles are set in mcgregors favor.

And yall sound like some straight broads over here calling out jon jones like he ****** your sister, what about all the baseball bat swinging mf'ers poppin GH since the great bambino was running around doing blow running through brothels giving broads the clap every road trip. :smh: No one wanna talk about mike was paying off his mistresses 100's of thousands of dollars while the GOAT was blowing backs out during his marriage, or racking up half million dollar gambling debts (who knows what money that was used for) to well known confirmed mobsters.....

I swear doods get caught up in anothers mans personal life like its THE THING TO DO nowadays. Thats not how I was raised man, I could give a **** about jon jones if he died today I'd sleep like a baby, BUT when that man steps into that octagon, thats the best thang smoking and thats all I care about.

Last edited:

at this point, jones just trolling knowing he got away with it :lol:
not saying it's oj still looking for the killer type nonsense but jones going to convince himself that he has never cheated the system :lol:

I’m listening to a podcast right now. They’re discussing JBJ. They admit LHW is a dumpster fire. But raise the fact that it’s been two+ years effectively since JBJ last fight. Has the game passed him by? The first Gustafson fight was a war. Is he ready for another? He does have the benefit of being in shallow division, whereas Conor is coming back to an ocean full of sharks. LW and Featherweight are both stacked.

Also, they raise up the other fighters tweets/comments regarding the suspension, eg DC, Tom Lawler and Brian Blades. 30% of USADAs revenue comes from MMA. And JBJ was facing a four year suspension since this was his second PED infraction. Chad Mendes was gone for two years. Anderson has been gone during several stints. Just like title shots, there’s no rhyme or reason, it’s just the bottom line. They might as well go back to Pre USADA if the game isn’t fair (which is what DC was pointing out on UFC tonight).

DC is a hypocrite. Don’t cry foul when it comes to Jon Jones but in the same breath campaign hard to defend the title against Brock Lesnar who is absolutely juiced to the gils.

Back
Top Bottom