The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Conor McGregor has signed a new eight-fight deal with the UFC, president Dana White confirmed on Thursday.

Terms were not disclosed, but White said the deal could make McGregor the most money in the sport, especially given his pay-per-view appeal.

"It's not hard to do a deal with Conor McGregor because we know what he's worth," White told ESPN.

The deal includes McGregor's new whiskey, Proper Whiskey, as a sponsor in every UFC event in which McGregor fights.

Connor made it. Organically, he’s great at talking smack. You can see it in his first interviews and then when he was becoming a bigger name in the company. His pressers were hilarious and he could command th crowd.

At this point, he’s just a caricature. He knows people want to see him talk. It was on full display with the Mayweather fight and continuing here.

He’d rather focus on conquering new challenges. Not sure if his heart is still in this. We’ll found out Oct 6.

Conor had some nice ammo for Nate, for instance when Nate was saying everyone's on steroids and Conor reminded Nate that his pals Shields and Melendez were both caught

Conor is one of the best talkers MMA has ever seen and it has zero to do with his opponents

Any of us could’ve brought up shields and gil getting caught. That was easy.

I put derrick lewis and chael as my top 2 on the mic. The black beast gives no dambs.

Any of us could’ve brought up shields and gil getting caught. That was easy.

I put derrick lewis and chael as my top 2 on the mic. The black beast gives no dambs.
Derrick Lewis is funny, more so than a trash talker

Chael is definitely on my Mount Rushmore

Conor was sort of intimating Khabib and circles shady dealings and connections.

Ali has been accused of being a criminal (possible terrorist) in the past. And he clearly called him a deadbeat dad (who owes $50K in child support).

According to a report from RealFightStories, Abdelaziz is a former member of Muslims of the Americas (MOA), which has been listed as a terrorist organization by the U.S. State Department. After facing multiple charges from authorities, he turned into a government informant. The “Noah” reference has to do with Abdelaziz’s son, for whom Abdelaziz reportedly owed child support payments.

Khabib is going to overextend, and get knocked smooth out. Conor doesn't have the best gas tank but he is an extremely smart fighter in the cage. He's not going to let Khabib even have a chance to take him down on the mat. Khabib will let his emotions get to him in there and take him out of his game plan. Conor within 2 rounds.

Lol. I literally posted that and said he owes $50K.

But that ish has nothing to do with the fight.

CJ Mcollom was a good troll though. That was genius. But his Khabib stuff was personal and pointless. It wasn’t the wiry, humorous Ali schtick he parroted in the past.

And Connor is going down. Khabib is 26-0. Though it was 3 years ago, Mendes, albeit a smaller fighter, was able to take Conor down.

I hope he’s been working on countering since Feb when Khabib was crowned.

Yeah just quoting for emphasis

Conor always gets personal. That's a given. He didn't have much to go off of but I thought he did pretty well to sell what he could. No fans in the crowd was just awful energy

It was said Conor was hurt going into the fight against Chad, but who really knows. He was taken down with ease

Against Eddie, granted Eddie was extremely tentative, Conor wasn't even close to be taken down. You potentially could credit Eddie's uneasiness on Conor's gameplan/technique. Again, who really knows, just pointing that out

Every time I pick against Conor, which has been pretty much every time (Chad, Aldo, Nate rematch, Eddie), he wins

Didn’t bother watching the press conferences. I saw some clips on IG and it was meh. Same thing every time. I’m not really sure who I’m rooting for..but it’ll be dope if mcgregor took 2 years just to solely focus on his ground game knowing he’d fight khabib. That is the definition of a true martial artist IMO.

Lol. I literally posted that and said he owes $50K.

But that ish has nothing to do with the fight.

CJ Mcollom was a good troll though. That was genius. But his Khabib stuff was personal and pointless. It wasn’t the wiry, humorous Ali schtick he parroted in the past.

And Connor is going down. Khabib is 26-0. Though it was 3 years ago, Mendes, albeit a smaller fighter, was able to take Conor down.

I hope he’s been working on countering since Feb when Khabib was crowned.
my man. conor was fighting chad on a tore acl.

the thing with khabib is that sometimes he's too eager for the takedown where he just shoots in like a mad man and when he doesn't get it he starts panicking. wouldn;t surprise me if conor caught the man with an uppercut when he's going for the take down. conor's too smart and always excellent in preparation (except for the first diaz fight).

Last edited:
uncle dana says joanna/shevchenko confirmed for ufc 231 and wants holloway/ortega for the main event. :pimp:

uncle dana says joanna/shevchenko confirmed for ufc 231 and wants holloway/ortega for the main event. :pimp:
Can't wait to see Max in the octagon again. Hmm if joanna/shevchenko is co main for 231 the only headliner left really for 230 is Tyron/Colby if Dana is to be believed and hes not back till 2019.

I recognize his greatness in the the octagon.

Outside the Octagon. He’s of questionable character.
Infidelity
He did a hit and run on a pregnant woman.
He perpatrated a clean, wholesome Christian role model image meanwhile he was doing lines, getting DUIs.
He got caught taking PED multiple times.
Now, he’s ratting on the team.

Not going to judge him when the President ain’t no better. We all just want him to pull a Tiger and put that ish behind him and get back to dominating the sport.
Infidelity? With who??

I mean we all speculate that he's smashing Holly but I don't know if that was confirmed or not

But seriously. A billion dollar company not promoting its card and stars.

Khabib is a nobody. Kellerman, Stephen A and Molly had no idea who he was.

The card is on track for 2.5 mill could just be promoter talk. Dana is a liar.

Tyron is not coming back for MSG. He said he had a bad hand.

Don’t know if the new ownership group is still in the red when it comes to their investment

It seems like their strategy has been to whoree themselves out by having as many cards as possible to squeeze as many dollars as they can and promoting as little as possible in order to save money

Espn got them feeling safe I guess

Dana don’t care anymore

Just want my MMA to feel special again.

Stephen A looking real casual when he said the only card he went to was the first MSG card.

Not sure if the Fertitas were going into the red during that crazy year before they sold it. But it was hype. Multiple million buy cards (thanks to an Irish fella and Rousey). They have a good crop of guys who can take this to the next level. Just the promotion is dirt.

ESPN has corrected their report, Conor has a 6 fight deal, not 8

I'd be happy if he fought Khabib and then twice more. Anything after that is a bonus

Khabib
Tony
Max
Nate
170 Crown

That should be McGOAT’s lineup
This would be an ideal world

Realistically if he beats Khabib and Nate wins, the rematch will be inevitable (or if both Conor and Nate lose I could see it being the match to make next)

If Conor wins and Nate loses, I could see Conor vs GSP (possibly for a 165 belt) or the winner of Woodley/Covington with Tony being a third possibility if he beats Pettis

It's more difficult to envision him giving Max or Dustin a rematch unless a number of other options are not possible or all three lose their fights

Back
Top Bottom