The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

wow @ the day before

I think khabib looses his shot

I imagine we will see new weight classes within a year or so

Big step up for Lando though....hopefully my man put on a show!

Hunt's in the middle of a lawsuit w/ the UFC, they ain't gonna do anything for him, :lol:

Better hope he wins tomorrow or else his *** getting cut @ the post fight presser.

Last edited by a moderator:
tired.gif

welp. 

am i the only one who thinks bisping is going wreck GSP?

even if GSP does pull off the win, he really going to defend that title vs those stallions at that weight class?

Last edited:
Watch them push for GSP vs Anderson if GSP wins the title. UFC a mess right now that I won't be surprised if they schedule a GSP vs DC for LHW title. They have same height anyway.

I was going to say something about the fight getting canned a day or 2 ago, because on one of the embeddeds Tony says something like "good luck w/ that weight cut" to Khabib but I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to jinx it.

I'm pist.

Thought the same. Too good to be true that a card has no cancelled fights. Especially a big event like this, there ought to be one cancellation on fight week.

No, a lot of people will pick Bisping because of size alone.

Dude used to fight @ LHW and he's a legit MW, GSP is an average sized WW.

Just a few days ago we heard talks of him cutting to fight @ 155, now he's fighting for the MW title? :lol:

Also, there is no way in hell he's stepping in there against someone like Jacare/Romero/Rockhold.

I'm assuming if he wins, they're gonna have him defend against Anderson.

I could also see him just vacating the belt, then they could have Romero/______ fight for the MW belt and GSP can get a big fight @ 170 or maybe they try to set up the Conor fight?

Who the **** knows @ this point, :lol:

Interesting comments from Tony about the $$$ at the end of this...
Pathetic on Dana's part to haggle with Tony like this.. and besides the money, Tony should be the rightful holder of the #1 contender spot now. They don't even want to give him that distinction? Just sad 

tony should just get to fight Conor now
Khabib vs Maia at some point... winner gets title shot?

I dunno man..
damn this ruined my weekend

Honestly Khabib doesn't deserve anything right now, glad he's OK but he's just pulled out of too many fights. Maia is fighting Jorge, really for no reason at all as it is, he shouldn't have to fight anyone after that if he beats Jorge

Conor has so many options, I wouldn't be surprised to see his coach sway him away from Tony when Conor returns to MMA. My guess would be Nate, Woodley/Wonderboy or GSP (whether or not he beats Bisping)

Last edited:
Saw al the new posts and figured there was a Bellator event I was missing or something. Find out that Khabib is out of the fight tommorow

View media item 2355590

I don't want to hear **** about title shots from this dude Khabib anymore, shut the **** up forever. How many times has this dude pulled out of fights? These AKA dudes are sabotaging their careers.

:smokin

“Everybody listen, I’m getting tired of the term ‘money fights,’ okay?” White told reporters in Las Vegas on Friday. “‘I want the money fights, I want the money fights.’ What, are you all going to move down and fight Conor?

“Listen, there’s no bones about it, Conor is the guy. Conor brings in big gates, big pay-per-view numbers and everything else. Shut up if you don’t. If you’re not him, shut up.“

Dana done had enough lmao

Dude just came out with it and gave Conor that much more leverage

They gotta give Conor a quarter of the company at this point

Scumbag Dana.

Dudes are only scrambling for the Conor fight cause the money 90% of fighters make is garbage.

Plus you would have thought he learned a lesson with Ronda/Nunes. You put all your chips on red and black comes in you're left with a void.

Last edited:
Dana done had enough lmao

Dude just came out with it and gave Conor that much more leverage

They gotta give Conor a quarter of the company at this point

:rofl:

Everything going down the toilet. DC/Rumble got cancelled. Rousey got scorched. Max got injured pushing the Josie fight back. Showtime is washed up. Cyborg got popped ruining 145 right out the gate. The Diaz Brothers want a truck load of money. Khabib is a fraud. The first quarter is off to a rough start.

If I'm Conor I'm waiting until the Bisping/GSP fight and hope Bisping puts his lights out. They'll give Conor whatever he wants to come back at that point.

Dana only makes it worse when he's supposed to be trying to keep Conor's price tag down

First he put a 25 million tag on Conor for the Floyd fight now he's randomly telling everyone to shut up if you're not Conor because Conor is the "the guy". You can't play this much worse

Fighters continue being dumb without having a union. A couple hundred are employed by the ufc. All of them decide to not fight then no more ufc events. Even the main event guys should know their paychecks should be better than they are.

I mean, Dana ain't wrong....

I knew this whole "money fight" thing got out of hand once Rose was calling for a money fight with Waterson :rofl:

I love how Joe Rogan and Ariel took stances on weight cutting yesterday. If there needs to be new divisions so be it, I'm not in favor of it and wish that fighters would just fight closer to their natural weight, but that's asking a lot. I'm tired of myriad of weight cutting issues that arise and Rogan is right, it doesn't make too much sense

Joe Rogan 
[emoji]10004[/emoji]@joerogan

To severely dehydrated yourself 24 hours before a cage fight is insane and has massive health and performance consequences.

12:23 PM - 3 Mar 2017

Joe Rogan 
[emoji]10004[/emoji]@joerogan

Weight cutting is the biggest problem in MMA. We need a solution where we transition towards fighters competing at their actual weight.

12:22 PM - 3 Mar 2017

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom