The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I love how Joe Rogan and Ariel took stances on weight cutting yesterday. If there needs to be new divisions so be it, I'm not in favor of it and wish that fighters would just fight closer to their natural weight, but that's asking a lot. I'm tired of myriad of weight cutting issues that arise and Rogan is right, it doesn't make too much sense

Joe Rogan 

[emoji]10004[/emoji]@joerogan

To severely dehydrated yourself 24 hours before a cage fight is insane and has massive health and performance consequences.
12:23 PM - 3 Mar 2017

Joe Rogan 

[emoji]10004[/emoji]@joerogan

Weight cutting is the biggest problem in MMA. We need a solution where we transition towards fighters competing at their actual weight.
12:22 PM - 3 Mar 2017

Only issue with new divisions is that some of these divisions seem so thin already. I'm not sure they have the talent for it yet.

Fighters fighting closer to their weight makes far more sense. We've seen fighters move up to more natural weights and do fine.

They need to have stricter monitoring of weights by fighters. Maybe even like drug testing.

Like Hendricks, if we show up at your house and weigh you and you 220, you not fighting at 170 no time soon.

And then continue to monitor leading up
to fight. 60-30-15-7. Where you HAVE to be at a certain weight depending on your class to continue.

Which at least gives them a chance to find a sub sooner than this situation did if a fighter is way off.

forget making new divisions. fight at a weight where you are healthy and able to make weigh-ins
that simple. some guys even looking fresher with the weight (gastelum, hendricks, etc)

these guys are pros and been doing it their whole lives. if they are naturally growing and getting bigger, they just need to accept the fact that they should be fighting at a higher weight

Last edited:
I agree, I've always been against more divisions it's just a big ask to change the culture

I don't like the idea of more divisions because how currently established, you can get a clearer picture of who's the best. More divisions would muddle the clarity as well as see fighters jumping everywhere. Nobody gonna be defending their belts 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Dana only makes it worse when he's supposed to be trying to keep Conor's price tag down

First he put a 25 million tag on Conor for the Floyd fight now he's randomly telling everyone to shut up if you're not Conor because Conor is the "the guy". You can't play this much worse
exactly how im lookin at it

like if im Connor i dont want to hear **** about **** except percentages

no, not 5 mill not 10 not 20

a percentage papi

Last edited:
Crazy how this **** is in SHAMBLES post sale
laugh.gif
Frettitas and Dana been getting the best of luck as per usual, i.e. TUF 1, GSP, Brock, Ronda, Conor now the sale

Can't stress this enough

Kudos to the Frettitas tbh, they probably seen this **** coming for years and cashed out their wolf tickets at the perfect time

Last edited:
Dude ate a **** load off headshots
Thought red should've stooped it
If sanders didn't knee him, he probably would've finished him with gnp

at least luke gets to go home to that little firecracker becky lynch :lol:

watch luke get back to action before iuri

Last edited:
Sucks for Jacare/Whittaker, with a win for either it probably means little with Yoel and Anderson (possibly) ahead

Sucks for Mousasi as well if he beats Weidman, Mousasi aint getting no shot either

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom