The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If he gets a million I'm happy for him he should make at least that with the type of event

Didn't realize ppv shares were worth that many millions

If he gets a million I'm happy for him he should make at least that with the type of event

Didn't realize ppv shares were worth that many millions
Yessir! That's where all the money is. That's why being a champ (used to) mean something in this sport because you got paid more because you automatically got PPV points. 

If true and his show money is only $150k, I still wouldn't be surprised if he made more than Nate did at 202. 

He's not going to sniff what Nate made at 202. He's probably going to make around ~2.5mil from PPV shares+$150k purse:
 According to the court documents, the UFC is prepared to pay Alvarez $1 for every buy the UFC receives for each PPV event in which Alvarez appears. That number goes up to $2 per buy when total buys reach 400,000-600,000, and $2.50 when it exceeds 600,000.
In comparison, according to multiple reports, Conor and Nate made around 11 million in PPV shares alone for UFC 202.

He's not going to sniff what Nate made at 202. He's probably going to make around ~2.5mil from PPV shares+$150k purse:

In comparison, according to multiple reports, Conor and Nate made around 11 million in PPV shares alone for UFC 202.
Damn. But that still is great money. I remember when Conor made $2 mil for 194 (or was it 196?) and dudes were going nuts. First UFC fighter to break a million right?

Yeah, that's still really good money. The top fighters in the sport are eaaaaaaating.

Just getting on a Conor card as a fighter with PPV incentives is like hitting the lotto. You already know this event will eclipse 1 million PPV buys easy.

I think Conor is the first UFC fighter to receive over a million dollar purse, but not first to walk away with a million. I vividly remember Chuck getting 500k to show and PPV buys. A couple of those ppv events were did pretty well.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's still really good money. The top fighters in the sport are eaaaaaaating.

Just getting on a Conor card as a fighter with PPV incentives is like hitting the lotto. You already know this event will eclipse 1 million PPV buys easy.

I think Conor is the first UFC fighter to receive over a million dollar purse, but not first to walk away with a million. I vividly remember Chuck getting 500k to show and PPV buys.
You hit the nail on the head, if you headline with Conor you're eating

I'm sure woodley and wonderboy get shares too right? Anyone else eligible for this card?

Last edited:
Conor really does change bum lives. 
nerd.gif

I think if the UFC goes all out in promoting this event, they could smash 202's record of 1.6 million PPV buys and hit 2 million PPV buys. 
sick.gif
 The card definitely has the potential to do so.

Last edited:
I think if the UFC goes all out in promoting this event, they could smash 202's record of 1.6 million PPV buys and hit 2 million PPV buys. :x  The card definitely has the potential to do so.

Has the potential and I think it will.

Let's not forget that there wasn't usual Conor hype with the week leading up to 202. Didn't have the same feel as 200 or 194. And it still did record numbers.

As long no one pulls out (and that's a big if) this card will do serious numbers

The second he stops making them money he'll be discarded with the quickness, but in the meantime yeah he's definitely bending them over. If he wins and Dana lets him keep both belts Conor officially has his nuts in his pocket

Conor been calling he shots for a while now

I agree with blackcaesar Dana will continued to be run by mcgregor as long as these bags keep coming in

UFC has become so tired that I'm glad I don't pay my money for these events. McGregor wants to hold two belts which is nice, but not so impressive in my eyes when he avoids defending the belt he won almost a year ago. Fighting Nate makes him king when that guy got beat, easily, by Ben, RDA, and got stopped by Josh Thompson.
Bringing up the money is pretty insulting to other fighters when I'm sure a lot of them aren't about having all the **** buying. Sports entertainment I guess [emoji]128580[/emoji]

anybody going to UFC 205? I just read on other forums prices are around $600 for some bum seats....I can't get down with that...

Back
Top Bottom