The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Shoot, he got rocked by Nate Diaz who is known as a volume striker. Not a power striker.

No way he can eat shots from Lawler, Woodley, Wonderboy or anyone else in the top 5

Which one yall was this?

#TeamNotorious 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Wow is Jose Aldo really retiring? Guess he just got fed up with all of Dana's recent lies.

Would really be a terrible way for him to go out.

Dude was your champ for 6 years man. Undefeated for a decade. He EARNED a rematch with Conor by beating Frankie for the interim title.

What more does he have to do man? It's sad

Meanwhile, Conor loses to a middle ranked lightweight at a different weight class and gets an immediate rematch.

Show some damn respect for those that paved the way for guys like Conor

Classic Nate Diaz reaction

When asked what he thought about the UFC 205 main event, Nate Diaz told MMA Fighting, "**** them both. You know both those little ******* are afraid to fight me. That's why they are fighting each other.

"And tell Dana I said get off Conor's nuts," Diaz added. "I left my room to that fight at 176 (pounds), so when I fought I was probably 173. Quit telling people I was a monster to make him look good. I've been a lightweight my whole career."

Diaz lost his rematch against McGregor via majority decision last month at UFC 202. And while both McGregor and Dias campaigned for a trilogy fight shortly thereafter, it was never on table for UFC 205 on Nov. 12.

"Eddie said I was next after Gilbert, then I called him a ***** in the lobby and he turned the fight down repeatedly until I beat Conor," Diaz said. "Then he called every day asking for the fight. *****. What kinda fighters are these guys?"

Card went from flat to lit

I like how Khabib and Johnson casually got thrown in and will have to be on the prelims along with Frankie.. it's just that stacked

I wish Cowboy let out more venom towards Conor. That's a fight they could build and I'd sure as hell love to watch

Lightweight Eddie Alvarez (c) vs. Conor McGregor [a]
Welterweight Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
Women's Strawweight Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz [c]
Middleweight Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
Welterweight Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson
Featherweight Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
Middleweight Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans
Women's Bantamweight Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
Middleweight Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
Lightweight Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
Welterweight Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad
Women's Bantamweight Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian

Last edited:
Damn, 205 is stacked from start to finish! Can't wait [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

I like how Khabib and Johnson casually got thrown in and will have to be on the prelims along with Frankie.. it's just that stacked

I wish Cowboy let out more venom towards Conor. That's a fight they could build and I'd sure as hell love to watch

Hopefully injuries don't wreck this card.

Might be the first UFC PPV I order in a minute.

Id watch this card without the Conor Eddie fight srs..got better with them added tho.

@Mr Cashfl0w
feeling himself. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

In all seriousness I'm just all about being objective. There just seems to be this blind rage when it comes to Conor that just doesn't make sense to me.

I feel for Josie, he's had a legendary career sure but untuck your nuts already. From the horses mouth he'd be ready to fight McGregor on Nov 12 if the matchmakers set that up. But if he had to fight Holloway or Pettis, he'd need a full camp and the match would have to be in December. He's a walking contradiction but no one is going to point that out nor harp on it just cause it's Josie.

roll.gif
roll.gif

In all seriousness I'm just all about being objective. There just seems to be this blind rage when it comes to Conor that just doesn't make sense to me.

I feel for Josie, he's had a legendary career sure but untuck your nuts already. From the horses mouth he'd be ready to fight McGregor on Nov 12 if the matchmakers set that up. But if he had to fight Holloway or Pettis, he'd need a full camp and the match would have to be in December. He's a walking contradiction but no one is going to point that out nor harp on it just cause it's Josie.
what's with this continued delusion? first he cleaned out the division, now there's blind hate towards him?

its because anyone with some sense can see sham that he's being protected by dana as some type of investment

where's nate's rematch?  where's jose's rematch? nope, gotta protect that investment, gotta hatch that escape route

who's jeremy stevens?  probably just another fighter that dana's protecting conor from

Last edited:
@Mr Cashfl0w
feeling himself. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

So you're "all about being objective" but anyone who isn't in your opinion is fueled by "blind rage"?

OK :lol:

Same **** happening in the boxing thread.

It's like you can't have objective conversation about fighters now without it being reduced to "Haters" vs. "Stans".

Conor is clearly a great fighter. But to dismiss whatever "criticism" you feel he's receiving as "blind rage" is laughable.

Especially since it has less to do with him and more to do with how Dana etc. treat him.

I'll be the first to admit Conor got a path easier than most.

But he has definitely made the most of his opportunities.

Is Aldo getting shafted? Yes. But Conor is printing money for the UFC and is calling the shots now. He got Dana in his pocket.

Everyone else on 205 with ppv points happy AF, ask Tyron.

But I've never dismissed any criticism of McGregor :lol:

This place is never really active until McGregor is going to fight and then his naysayers come storming in. He's not a good fighter, he's a sham, etc. Those points are fueled by blind rage because it's discrediting what he has done. He hasn't beaten anyone. "He won but ...." Those are statements that are consistently said in here when McGregor gets brought up.

"Naysayers"
"Blind Rage"

:lol:

Thread is always active. At least to me as I love the sport.

Maybe you just happen to be more active in it at certain times yourself?

The pendulum swings both ways fam.

Last edited:
The card is ridiculous. I'm excited for November 15th to see what the card really looks like.

I'm predicting 5 fight changes with one of them being a title fight.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Like I said the energy on both sides is amazing when it comes to Conor

Makes the fights pretty special knowing one side is going to be in their feels and to top it off Conor always puts forth a show even in defeat

Man, the prices jump from 250 for p6 to 450 for p5. It was sub 300 for p5 prior to Conor getting announced.

Might have to settle for p6.

Back
Top Bottom