The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

The banned substances which threw UFC 200 into a state of upheaval have been formally revealed.

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones tested positive for Hydroxy-clomiphene, an anti-estrogenic agent, and Letrozole metabolite, an aromatase inhibitor, during a June 16 out-of-competition drug test administered by USADA, according to multiple reports.

The Nevada Athletic Commission revealed the findings at Monday's meeting in Las Vegas. Both Rashad Evans (for CBS Sports) and Chael Sonnen (on Joe Rogan's podcast) previously reported Jones popped for estrogen blockers.

The commission unanimously issued Jones a temporary suspension pending a full hearing, which will be held at a date to be determined, likely in September or October.

Jones and the UFC were informed of the test failure on July 6, three days before Jones was scheduled to headline UFC 200 against Daniel Cormier. Jones was pulled from the bout and Cormier eventually met Anderson Silva in a non-title fight, which Cormier won via unanimous decision.

Jones has retained the services of Southern California attorney Howard L. Jacobs to fight the case. Jacobs is a noted anti-doping attorney whose clients include cyclist Floyd Landis, sprinter Marion Jones and basketball star Diana Taurasi.

Last edited:
"Are you really still doing that at this level (eating Mcdonald's days before the fight)?" -Ariel

"Yeah but instead of Coke I drink a Diet Coke" -Derrick Lewis

roll.gif

Man
pimp.gif
I can see why people love jiu jitsu.

Joint is so addicting. I'm a fairy athletic dude but that **** was HUMBLING. My hip strength is turrible
Good stuff good stuff. Hope you can stick with it bro

On 9/17: UFC Fight Night- Hildago, TX

Poirier vs M. Johnson

Brunson vs U. Hall

Good stuff good stuff. Hope you can stick with it bro

On 9/17: UFC Fight Night- Hildago, TX

Poirier vs M. Johnson
Brunson vs U. Hall

Thanks man. I'll probably see how the first month goes but I had a great time. My first goal will be to get good enough on positions and techniques where I can spar with someone and actually know what I'm doing :lol:

View media item 2103847
DC can't catch a break. Seen this on IG.
That comment :lol:

Thot he was married.

Thanks man. I'll probably see how the first month goes but I had a great time. My first goal will be to get good enough on positions and techniques where I can spar with someone and actually know what I'm doing :lol:
Whatever you do... If you get far don't get stuck in the BLUES (blue belt). Everyone's plateau

I'm still stuck at blue belt. It's been a year and a half since I received it. Hopefully within the next 1-2 years I make it to purple.

is it straight up jiu jitsu stuff from the start of class or do ya have to do cardio and other stuff as well?

is it straight up jiu jitsu stuff from the start of class or do ya have to do cardio and other stuff as well?

BJJ from the start. Technique, positional training, and then live rolls. Total class time is 2 hours. I do strength and conditioning before class.

Typically, how much is a good BJJ class?

Depends on your location. In NYC, probably anywhere from 150-230 per month. That's the thing with marital arts. It's pretty pricey. This is why most of my friends around my way don't even want to get started in the first place. They rather just spend 10$ per month at Planet Fitness.

BJJ from the start. Technique, positional training, and then live rolls. Total class time is 2 hours. I do strength and conditioning before class.

cool. i took this one class got from groupon, and dud had us jumping rope and doing cardio for 30m and we barely got any stuff done. dont know if it was because it was a groupon thing, but i was hesitant to drop 200+/month if it was gonna be like that
think gil melendez has a gym in the city, might check that out

Last edited:
cool. i took this one class got from groupon, and dud had us jumping rope and doing cardio for 30m and we barely got any stuff done. dont know if it was because it was a groupon thing, but i was hesitant to drop 200+/month if it was gonna be like that
think gil melendez has a gym in the city, might check that out
hmmm, could this have been a ralph gracie class by any chance? particularly a kurt osiander class. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
jones is from NY and has said he wanted to be on the msg card. Maybe he was referring to that.

Correct.

At this point, he probably would have been the only local draw in a title fight (assuming he'd beaten Cormier) as Edgar nor Weidman or any of the other LI guys seem close.

Last edited:

My class is an hour long. First 10 was doing cardio. Next 20 was drilling technique. Last 30 was rolling around.

They threw me right to the wolves :lol: worked on half guard, deep half guard, and side control

Back
Top Bottom