THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

Parade lows need some gold on them somewhere
They're not champ shoes. If you go on Foot Locker's launch locator, they're called Birds of Paradise.

Edit: Now Nike is calling the Kyries "Championship Celebration" so I think these are his champ shoes now. 

Last edited:
the 13 lows have been kinda 
nthat.gif

Adding the word LMTD to help push these lows?

They've hit a new low (no pun intended) by adding the LMTD suffix and an ugly stitched on Swoosh that looks terrible from the side profile.

On a side note, I worked @ a Nike retail store for years and we could not give away LBJ lows unless they had deep, deep discounts. Somewhat interesting to see cats jonesing for lows starting with some of the limited issue VIII lows.

They've hit a new low (no pun intended) by adding the LMTD suffix and an ugly stitched on Swoosh that looks terrible from the side profile.

On a side note, I worked @ a Nike retail store for years and we could not give away LBJ lows unless they had deep, deep discounts. Somewhat interesting to see cats jonesing for lows starting with some of the limited issue VIII lows.

I think this is a testament to how bad the regular 13s design were though-most would agree that the lows were a huge improvement over them. The 13s might honestly be the worst received Lebron model.

Last edited:
I think this is a testament to how bad the regular 13s design were though-most would agree that the lows were a huge improvement over them. The 13s might honestly be the worst received Lebron model.

It's not a bad design, not a great design either - but it was severely overpriced and Nike burned out their LBJ consumers with too many colourways on the IXs-XIIs. There are some cats on NT with about 50+ pairs of only 4 unique models.

It's not a bad design, not a great design either - but it was severely overpriced and Nike burned out their LBJ consumers with too many colourways on the IXs-XIIs. There are some cats on NT with about 50+ pairs of only 4 unique models.
Hello, first allow me to introduce myself before quoting you. I believe the last three sigs of LeBron's, then perhaps four, have been a mismash of bad designs, and then lacking functionality for an athlete. This is the problem when a company begins to design for critics and fans instead of athletes. No amount of storytelling can explain why it was necessary to make a shoe that the endorser could not wear, or why it was that two of the shoes were such a pain to relace if your laces popped, or were uneven due to factory mishaps. This should not occur under any circumstance. LeBron is my favorite player along with Curry, but Nike has not only dropped the ball with Curry, but they have done it with LeBron as well in regard to his footwear line. He, LeBron, should only be wearing the best of equipment. From my seat, Curry's last two sigs place a good foot right into Nike's behind. The numbers really do back UA up on this as well. Pardon my aggression, but hey, being a father of two who just graduated college, I was ticked off at what Nike was calling a top of the line performance shoe made for the best player, with that price, with the shoe being nothing but hype. Peace out, take care!

Last edited:
Hello, first allow me to introduce myself before quoting you. I believe the last three sigs of LeBron's, then perhaps four, have been a mismash of bad designs, and then lacking functionality for an athlete. This is the problem when a company begins to design for critics and fans instead of athletes. No amount of storytelling can explain why it was necessary to make a shoe that the endorser could not wear, or why it was that two of the shoes were such a pain to relace if your laces popped, or were uneven due to factory mishaps. This should not occur under any circumstance. LeBron is my favorite player along with Curry, but Nike has not only dropped the ball with Curry, but they have done it with LeBron as well in regard to his footwear line. He, LeBron, should only be wearing the best of equipment. From my seat, Curry's last two sigs place a good foot right into Nike's behind. The numbers really do back UA up on this as well. Pardon my aggression, but hey, being a father of two who just graduated college, I was ticked off at what Nike was calling a top of the line performance shoe made for the best player, with that price, with the shoe being nothing but hype. Peace out, take care!

No introductions necessary and most of us here will agree 100% with you said. Design cohesion or lack of it thereof has been very evident on the past few sigs. They've just been random bits of plastic with Foamposite panels - it makes for an easy to construct shoe (perfect for Nike iD) that yields a high profit margin.

Nike road the sneaker bandwagon that started in '10 and now almost 5+ years later it's fallen off. They'll need to innovate quite significantly if they hope to regain some of the lost momentum from the LBJ line.

Last edited:
Or they could go the opposite and start retroing some of the more popular models/colourways to try get some more interest.

But I agree in terms of the signature model, I really hope the 14 changes direction drastically.

Or they could go the opposite and start retroing some of the more popular models/colourways to try get some more interest.

But I agree in terms of the signature model, I really hope the 14 changes direction drastically.

idk seems once you start retros the newer line kinda dies

Back
Top Bottom