THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

Random thought...let's say Cavs pull this off...can this thread handle a limited Champ 13 when it has been mostly crickets for this model? Lol

Random thought...let's say Cavs pull this off...can this thread handle a limited Champ 13 when it has been mostly crickets for this model? Lol
We'll get a whole bunch of:
"I've been in on the 13 since the beginning!"
"I've just been waiting on the right colorway!"
:rofl:

do lows run like the highs? true to size? i wear size 13 on regular highs but I am usually a 14 on other shoes.

As a big fan of lebron, boy i have to say it. The Lebron 13s are a HUUUUUUUUUGE FLOP!!!
I have 2 pairs but i must say this signature number 13 was the biggest flop of all his shoes that are out.

hopefully they do better next year, or this line is out of there.

I wonder if Nike was going to do this last year with the 12 and Kyrie 1. I'm guessing they didn't though to avoid the mistake of the 11 champ pack.
Problem is Lebron 13s have been selling terribly.. It would probably make more sense to just release a Kyrie 2 champ pack.

Last edited:
I think that the problems of he most recent lebrons is that they have way too many colorways now. Nike will find any excuse to make a color way for the most insignificant thing. Same thing with KDs. It was dope when LBJs shoes felt like collector's items because of their exclusivity and whatnot.

I think that the problems of he most recent lebrons is that they have way too many colorways now. Nike will find any excuse to make a color way for the most insignificant thing. Same thing with KDs. It was dope when LBJs shoes felt like collector's items because of their exclusivity and whatnot.

Eh, i'll certainly acknowledge that they're releasing more colorways for the line now than they were years back and the same goes with the KD's, and even the Kobes, but I don't know that i'd say that's the biggest reason for this particular signatures lackluster reception overall. Honestly think the design and price both play a bigger role. I mean look at the Kobe 8. That had quite a few colorways, but was a success at the end of the day. Again, i'm not outright dismissing the presence of so many colorways for the Lebrons, but Nike releases a good amount of colorways for a lot of their shoes, running and basketball, has been doing so for years, and the company has still managed to have model after model be well received.

Problem is Lebron 13s have been selling terribly.. It would probably make more sense to just release a Kyrie 2 champ pack.

View media item 2040264

giphy.gif

I just think the designs are too wild. Plus they're expensive.

Lebron 13 Elites look dope tho. The lows look great too. Retail is a bit too high.

Curry's popularity doesn't help either lol.

Price points are OOC. According to Foot Locker CEO. LeBron and KD are losing steam while Kyrie and Curry are holding steady...stuff we've been saying for a while, but nice to FINALLY see it legitimized in writing.

This is the article itself because Sole Collector links don't work here...

"Foot Locker's basketball sneaker sales are down, with execs at the retailer saying in an earnings call on Friday that sales of the Nike LeBron and Nike KD lines have been particularly slow.

"Primary losses came in LeBron and KD product, a challenge which we've been addressing with our partners at Nike," said Foot Locker president and CEO **** Johnson.

Johnson and others on the call attributed the problem to the pricing of the lines–they say the shoes are getting too expensive for kids who aren't comfortable with the price/value relationship. The current Kevin Durant signature sneakers range from $180 to $200, while LeBron James' retail from $200 to $220.

Foot Locker is confident that its basketball business will bounce back after Nike addresses this pricing issue. Nike is planning to drop the price on Durant's next model–his upcoming Nike KD 9 will start at $150 when it launches on June 20.

Johnson said that sales of the current Under Armour Curry and Nike Kyrie shoes, which retail at $130 and $120, respectively, continue to be strong."

Last edited:
I don't think people aren't buying a shoe because of too many colorways. It's because the designs are ugly, and on top of that they cost too much.

Back
Top Bottom