"The League" on FX Appreciation

There will never be a good balance of football and ridiculousness. sports fans want football and comedy watchers want ridiculousness. Shiva needs to be worked in as a main character somehow though

Maybe I'm the only one but this last season really disappointed me.

Seemed to be much less about fantasy football and more about random ****. 

Which is still interesting bc thats how my fantasy basketball buddies and I have been recently tho.
I felt last season was way more about other **** than fantasy football or at least showed signs where the show would be going but I still liked it. I think they realized since they can't base the script off of the actual NFL season might as well have a theme for the whole season relating to FF and then do wild **** in the middle.

This show is just great. I agree, Shiva does need to be worked in as a main character, but True Blood ruins that because I just want to see her naked :lol:.

My dude right here...went HAM w Scrote Squad :rofl:. This is the funniest show in tv right now imo and people still don't really know about it :smh:. The outright disrespect of Ruxin by everybody trying to get his wife pregnant and she was wit it :wow: :rofl: :smokin. Might be marathon time for me with this season this week.

I started watching season 1 again on netflix tonight. I forgot so much that I gotta start again.

The first xmas ep was too much. The antisemitism was COMEDY
laugh.gif

Saul with the nod to BB and the security guard name Jesse. I forgot Jeff Goldblum was Ruxin's father was in this, pleasant surprise, trying to bang his son's wife
laugh.gif
Can't blame him.
Crampus, Jenny with that oddly sexual desperate move with Shiva as her offering, MLA
laugh.gif
The next ep with Rafi
roll.gif
Too wild with that rape and semen talk. "Look at me so I can finish."
sick.gif
roll.gif

AD! ALL DAY!
I WAS SOOOO WEAK FROM THAT LMAO
roll.gif

I love this show, the constant Andre roasting is awesome
This show is just great. I agree, Shiva does need to be worked in as a main character, but True Blood ruins that because I just want to see her naked
laugh.gif

My dude right here...went HAM w Scrote Squad
roll.gif
. This is the funniest show in tv right now imo and people still don't really know about it
mean.gif
. The outright disrespect of Ruxin by everybody trying to get his wife pregnant and she was wit it
eek.gif
roll.gif
smokin.gif
. Might be marathon time for me with this season this week.
Fareal though!!! hahah this dude is so funny 

"Vinegar Strokes" :lol: thug tears

:rofl: :rofl:

Since I'm a sports junkie and massive NFL fan, my buddy from school introduced this show to me insisting that I NEEDED to watch it. He was actually surprised that I hadn't already heard of it.

I got around to watching it during the second week of the semester...which was a pretty bad idea resulting in me falling behind on my readings. I simply couldn't stop watching the show; I finished the end of season four five days after I began season one. The comedy factor and fantasy football appeal was too good!

My favorites are Rafi and Ruxin - Bro-Lo El Cuñado!!!

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!!!!!

I hate this new FXX thing.... No one want standard FX to be filled with stupid shpws

Last edited:
Glad I saw that commercial for the new season when I was watching BB Sunday,
my DVR was not set to record the new season because of the switch to FXX

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: this show is so great...my dude Rafi is as grimey as ever :rofl:

Sjahskakakkeks :wow:

Last edited:
roll.gif
Trident made out of dildos

I still want them to focus more on Fantasy Football this year. The ridiculous stuff is funny and all but they're starting to forget what this show was originally about.

Last edited:
The problem is that they can't do relevant fantasy football stuff since they film ahead of time. The premise is about their fantasy league but it's a standard "hangout" comedy. If they focus too much on fantasy you lose the non football crowd. My brother loves the show but never watches a game.

roll.gif
Trident made out of dildos

I still want them to focus more on Fantasy Football this year. The ridiculous stuff is funny and all but they're starting to forget what this show was originally about.
 I agree

The problem is that they can't do relevant fantasy football stuff since they film ahead of time. The premise is about their fantasy league but it's a standard "hangout" comedy. If they focus too much on fantasy you lose the non football crowd. My brother loves the show but never watches a game.
They could easily make it up and I wouldnt care. Season one had a good balance of both but as its gone on its leaned more and more towards the ridiculousness. Its just nice to have some of it in there.

Back
Top Bottom