THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS...'24 SEASON THREAD 1-1 | WEEK 3 HOME OPENER VS CAROLINA

With this offense this definitely a 4 - 6 win team. Definitely in position to draft a QB
Wherever and whoever the top two to three are, we will win a meaningless game at the end in support of the new interim coach once AP gets fired, and that win will push us out of range for the top QBs taken. We will draft a corner or reach for OL.

Kolton Miller getting bullied most of the game also
Yea. surprisingly Munford has been pretty quiet. Most pressures have come from Millers side. Hopefully its rust from no training camp.

The biggest concern for this offense is our lack of the run game. This team is built to run the ball and we couldnt. the interior line got bullied today - Whitehead and Parham were getting dawged today.

Minshew was decent today. aside from the flukey *** fumble, he did what we all pretty much would have hoped for…Zamir and the Oline gotta step up.

Blaming Luke or Gardner is a lazy narrative. The OL was buns and AP made some bad decisions. They rolled out multiple different sets and still couldn’t run it well. Gardner had an ok game. That fumble was an abnormality and the tip INT was bc our OL was getting beat…again.

I see people saying AP should have went for it on that 4th down and i disagree.

Our Oline was getting mauled and AP put faith in them like 2 or 3 times before that and they didnt show any life there. I dont blame AP for punting it.

I see people saying AP should have went for it on that 4th down and i disagree.

Our Oline was getting mauled and AP put faith in them like 2 or 3 times before that and they didnt show any life there. I dont blame AP for punting it.

i think the issue there is that he went for it earlier in the game in our territory, but was too afraid to do it in there's when it was more crucial

i think the issue there is that he went for it earlier in the game in our territory, but was too afraid to do it in there's when it was more crucial
Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

They go for it and don’t get it people will say defense been playing great you should have punted.

They had no rhythm in the run game and he had no confidence a run could get the first down. Minshew didn’t look all that comfortable either but at the end of the day he didn’t have the confidence in his offense to get 1 yard (and the way things had gone all game, you can’t blame him)

Going into this game I thought it was gonna be interesting to compare these two teams because Harbaugh and AP both want to build their teams in similar ways - just straight up bully ball.

The way that the Raiders and Chargers are going about it is just interesting as hell to me right now too - given what the teams have done in the offseason and what they had available to them, the construction of the team definitely fit the bill of both the HC’s…you can just get a sense this may be something similar to the Ravens and Steelers at some point.

With that said, I’m not too hung up on the loss. I did think going into it the Raiders would win because I didn’t think the Chargers had enough offensively to beat the Raiders, and I still feel that way - the turnovers are what really killed the Raiders today. Herbert made just enough throws to sustain drives. The defense looked fatigued towards the end.

I thought Minshew did okay. Not great, just okay. Luke Getsy is still a big question mark to me. I seen a beat writer today say the offense will come together better as the season goes along and the execution will start hitting soon…It didn’t have any kind of rythm to it, the offense felt out of sync, and Zamir struggling like he did was probably the biggest shock to me tbh. We are banking on Zamir being a horse and we’re only gonna go as far as he goes…idk if it really was the line play or what but he just looked like he had bricks strapped to his cleats…he started running with zip in the 2nd half and then fumbled…

Anywho - I think they’ll be okay. Hopefully the defense can continue to do what they do. I think my only complaint is zero turnovers from the defense today.

On to Baltimore who I hear have offensive line issues themselves. Still not really liking our chances there, but hope they prove me wrong :smh:

Was listening to the Just Win Podcast with Vic, Tashan and Ted. They dropped some interesting nuggets:

- The Raiders defense allowed 176 rushing yards but about 120 of them came off of 4 rushing attempts, including the 61 JK Dobbins run. The run defense did well, but explosive plays hurt them
- KMack was aware Kolton had surgery and apparently Kmack acknowledged to use that to his advantage and tested his shoulder. Add that to the fact that Kolton probably has some rust.
- Apparently the Raiders are still evaluating Koonce’s knee injury. Going on season ending IR is still a possibility, but they’ll evaluate his rehab but damn that is crazy to hear.

edit:

Was listening to the Just Win Podcast with Vic, Tashan and Ted. They dropped some interesting nuggets:

- The Raiders defense allowed 176 rushing yards but about 120 of them came off of 4 rushing attempts, including the 61 JK Dobbins run. The run defense did well, but explosive plays hurt them
- KMack was aware Kolton had surgery and apparently Kmack acknowledged to use that to his advantage and tested his shoulder. Add that to the fact that Kolton probably has some rust.
- Apparently the Raiders are still evaluating Koonce’s knee injury. Going on season ending IR is still a possibility, but they’ll evaluate his rehab but damn that is crazy to hear.

edit:

Defense played as good as I’ve seen from this club. Insane team energy.

1 Moehrig missed open field tackle and 1 poor run tracking read from Epps completely changed the result of the effort.

On the podcast Tashan said the offense felt very Josh McDaniels like and i couldn’t agree more…i hope its due to a new scheme and the team needing to gel.

Running play action only 4 times is tough tho. I know our run game was straight ***, but sheesh…

other notes:

Back
Top Bottom