The Killers... great band for people looking to get into some rock

Please, I beg even just one of you to give these three bands a listen [I don't know how to embed more than 2 videos at a time, so I'm just going to provide links]:
Sidenote:

Arctic Monkeys' lead singer is Alex Turner
The Rascals' [former] lead singer is Miles Kane
The Last Shadow Puppets is made up of Alex Turner, Miles Kane, and a 16-piece orchestra. Superb %!@*++@ music.
pimp.gif

Please, I beg even just one of you to give these three bands a listen [I don't know how to embed more than 2 videos at a time, so I'm just going to provide links]:
Sidenote:

The Last Shadow Puppets is made up of Alex Turner, Miles Kane, and a 16-piece orchestra. Superb %!@*++@ music.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

haha the killers arent 'rock' op its pop music
ppl wana get into rock start frm these albums

the strokes - Is this it/room on fire
arctic monkeys - whatever people say I am that's what I'm not
brand new - the devil and god are raging inside me
cold war kids - robbers&cowards
girls - album
manchester orchestra - mean everything to nothing
pixies - surfer rosa
radiohead- ok computer
the black keys - thickfreakness
the libertines- up the bracket
static jacks - laces ep
bombay bicycle club - forgot the name of the album
broken social scene - s/t
joy division - closer
my morning jacket - Z
the radio dept- clinging to a scheme
RHCP - by the way

these are current acts so you still gotta grab the og @%+! like beatles nirvana beach boys smiths velvet underground
I like a lot on that list but come on man a lot of those bands, and indie rock as a genre for that matter, are tied to pop. Girls, for example, are about as pop as you can get. The Radio Dept too. There's nothing wrong with pop.

How you got Joy Division as a current act?
laugh.gif

btw The Killers might just be one of the most disappointing rock bands ever. So bad. "Are we human or are we dancers?" 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

haha the killers arent 'rock' op its pop music
ppl wana get into rock start frm these albums

the strokes - Is this it/room on fire
arctic monkeys - whatever people say I am that's what I'm not
brand new - the devil and god are raging inside me
cold war kids - robbers&cowards
girls - album
manchester orchestra - mean everything to nothing
pixies - surfer rosa
radiohead- ok computer
the black keys - thickfreakness
the libertines- up the bracket
static jacks - laces ep
bombay bicycle club - forgot the name of the album
broken social scene - s/t
joy division - closer
my morning jacket - Z
the radio dept- clinging to a scheme
RHCP - by the way

these are current acts so you still gotta grab the og @%+! like beatles nirvana beach boys smiths velvet underground
I like a lot on that list but come on man a lot of those bands, and indie rock as a genre for that matter, are tied to pop. Girls, for example, are about as pop as you can get. The Radio Dept too. There's nothing wrong with pop.

How you got Joy Division as a current act?
laugh.gif

btw The Killers might just be one of the most disappointing rock bands ever. So bad. "Are we human or are we dancers?" 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I'm a Killers fan. But I dont think they're a great band for someone looking to get into rock. They're very poppy. But that's why I like them

It's actually a really good transition. As I started to listen to better music, I hated theirs more and more though.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I'm a Killers fan. But I dont think they're a great band for someone looking to get into rock. They're very poppy. But that's why I like them

It's actually a really good transition. As I started to listen to better music, I hated theirs more and more though.

Originally Posted by ricky robot

Sidenote:

pimp.gif
Major ups, my dude.

pimp.gif

Sidenote:

pimp.gif
Major ups, my dude.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Sidenote:

pimp.gif
Major ups, my dude.

pimp.gif
You liked them? I'm glad.
pimp.gif

Which were your favorites? [Artists, albums, songs, etc.]

I always feel obligated to put other people onto them because I love their music so much.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Sidenote:

pimp.gif
Major ups, my dude.

pimp.gif
You liked them? I'm glad.
pimp.gif

Which were your favorites? [Artists, albums, songs, etc.]

I always feel obligated to put other people onto them because I love their music so much.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom