THE IPHONE HAS BEN TRUMPED......BY THE MOTOROLA CLIQ

Hold on, 7 pages and no one commented on grammar?
THE IPHONE HAS BEN TRUMPED......BY THE MOTOROLA CLIQ
laugh.gif

Anyway,
The iPhone is wildly popular due to the App Store. Until someone else can come up with such a concept, all other phones will be playing catchup.
So many following suit.
Also the iPod/iTunes features....
It's 10+ years in the making and pure genius. Integrating the app store into software that most people already have and are very familiarwith. Don't try to tell me Apple playing catch up. Everyone else need to stop focusing on the easiest/most obvious ways to trump the iPhone. It's beenproven that a better phone technology-wise can be made, but can anyone mess with the other things Apple is working with? We'll see what google can do, Ihave faith in them, but the force is strong within Apple.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

iPhone is the most overrated and hyped up piece of technology that has dropped in my lifetime.
how can you say that though? it's done everything for me as advertised, and its lived up to the hype, and yes it is hyped. the ease of use isfar better than any os out there. the UI is like butter. i have not run into any other phones yetthat have had such a smooth and reliable UI as the iphone.

Theres a reason Apple keeps releasing new model iPhones every year sine 2007...they are 2 years behind the tech used by of the rest of the industry on comparable handsets.

But the Sheeple keep falling for the bait. Apple has great advertising, i'll give them that. They are actually a much better marketing company than they are a Tech company.

You can crack and legally mod Android, Sybian, Windows and Mobile linux too...and to a much greater degree than you can with the apple OSX. On far superior hardware at that.

iPhone is the most overrated and hyped up piece of technology that has dropped in my lifetime.

To keep up with the new snapdragon, 1GHz processors and Motorola Droid marketshare...please believe Apple will be revealing a new iPhone within the next year or their tablet which will do the things that the iPhone should already do out the box.

None of this really matters though...people will scoop up whatever shiny new toy they drop anyway.
I get it, the shiny new iPhone causes people to be blinded to the contributions that the iPhone is reponsible for. Truth is, the iPhone has madeit possible for many smart phone developers to eat. Blackberry was already making the smartphone popular, but the iPhone has been the catalyst for a lot of thenew innovations. Whether it was copying the iPhone or simply developing something to "kill" the iphone, you can't hate on the impact thatit's had on the smart phone game.

Tech guys need to step off of their soapboxes and stop talking pure stats, in the end we're talking about the real world. You can try to sell me thefastest car and it might be cheaper, but in the end I'm buying the one that gets me to my destination the way that I like and am familiar with. Need apps?Guess what, the iPhone offers them within iTunes, a program you probably already have on your computer and most likely have used many times before.

Y'all are delusional.

Nokia N95's impact and influence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iPhone.

People have been making mobile apps and games for the last decade. Apple just streamlined the process and threw a price tag on it.

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

If it doesn't have apps like the iPhone, then iPhone is still winning...
This is what I tell people. The apps is what puts the iphone above the rest

Apple just streamlined the process and threw a price tag on it.
Oh, that's it?

So they took an idea and made it actually practical for not only traditional Smartphone users but casual users too?

People have ideas for days. Only a few companies figure out how to make it change the game. Technology will always continue to improve and innovate. That's the easy part. The hard part is making it practical.

Oh, that's it?

So they took an idea and made it actually practical for not only traditional Smartphone users but casual users too?

People have ideas for days. Only a few companies figure out how to make it change the game. Technology will always continue to improve and innovate. That's the easy part. The hard part is making it practical.

Originally Posted by AirJus23

Tech guys need to step off of their soapboxes and stop talking pure stats, in the end we're talking about the real world. You can try to sell me the fastest car and it might be cheaper, but in the end I'm buying the one that gets me to my destination the way that I like and am familiar with.

t-mobile-sidekick-lx-2009.jpg

thats funny, all da sidekick was ever guilty of is just that doing that, yet morons try to burn it at da stake and stigmatize it like some sort

of black plague
grin.gif

yeah, give me a phone that takes right under a minute to boot up, with a mobile network with frequent outages...

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Oh, that's it?

How practical is it really?

Its a nice novelty but thats about it.

Average iPhone app usage declines rapidly after first download

By Zach Spear
Published: 05:20 PM EST
The vast majority of apps downloaded from the App Store are in use by less than 5% of users after one month has passed since the download, according to an analytics firm that is also shedding light on other aspects of the business.
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]The data was collected from more than 30 million app downloads Pinch Media has been tracking as part of its analytics services. Included in chief executive Greg Yardley's presentation (embedded below) at the New York iPhone Developers Meetup were several revealing conclusions about how users interact with their downloaded apps.

Just 20% of users even return to run a free application again the day after it's downloaded. As time goes on, that decline continues, eventually settling below five percent at the one month elapsed mark and nearing zero after three months.

The paid apps worth a damn are all multi-platform anyway.

there is no such thing as an iphone killer.

apple has dubbed itself the Lamborghini of cell phone's and the ferrarri of computers.

let me break it down for you- Even though some companies might make a car (phone) that performs better such as the SLR (blackberry bold) or the Bugatti (HTCHero), the masses want one thing plain and simple- a lambo.

because at the end of the day, no matter what you are spotted in, theres nothing like stunting in a lambo. its just TOO +%!@!@@ SEXY... and you wouldnt behappier in it even if it were an SLR anyways...

and at the end of the day, theres nothing like owning an iphone... its just TOO +%!@!@@ SEXY... and when you own one you dont care about ANY other phone outthere. if you were a super hero, it would be your sidekick...

and do you know what else does it for apple? the iphone is pretty much an ipod of cracked steroids. So until some other company takes over the mp3 handheldmarket, apple has the game won.

Oh, that's it?

you're in denial. its okay that you don't wanna fall into the hype, but at least recognize a game changer.

Originally Posted by mynameaintG

yeah, give me a phone that takes right under a minute to boot up, with a mobile network with frequent outages...
grin.gif

-people really give a crap how fast a phone turns on?

-sidekick servers crashed 1 time...blame Microsoft

other then that, what can you say..."its for kids?" that claim is about as played out as da supposed

"superiority" of apple products in general.

hype =/=facts

Originally Posted by ninjahood

grin.gif

other then that, what can you say..."its for kids?" that claim is about as played out as da supposed

hype =/=facts
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/11/03/t-mobile-usa-down-all-over-the-place/

The app store was a game changer. Not going to deny that. More on the financial side than anything else though. Like I said, I was doing the same things withNokia products for free in 99/00 that people are paying to do with the iPhone today.

I'm not wrapped up in the prestige, hype and fanboyism. I need something thats practical for my needs and the iPhone doesn't fit the bill.

I had a 3GS for less than a month and got rid of it. Mobile games don't hold my attention, i'm a business user and I need a tactile keyboard.

If apple made a pro device, which was more open, had a qwerty keyboard, hardware specs that justified its price tag and was business friendly...I would beinterested.

But if I wanted a portable gaming system, I would cop a PSP.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I am new to Android, and as a matter of fact my preliminary opinion of the Cliq that was it seemed like it was going to be cheap and plasticky...UNTIL I actually tried it. It has a solid substantial feel, with no loosness. The slider is spring loaded and solid as well. The screen is very responsive, bright, and clear. The resolution is very very good. YouTube plays back on it so well that my chick thought it was a video on my microSD card. The web browser is the real deal. I myself was impressed. I hav ean iPHone and 4 Blackberrys.

About the social networking aspect...that is an ADDED functionality that comes with the phone. You do not have to use it. It is still an Android phone and does it well. Verizon's Droid has Android 2.0, the Cliq will be receiving that update soon.

As far as Apps...there are tons and tons of very useful Apps in the Android Market. Developers are always down to develop for Google. People seem to think that the App store is the only horse in town.

One of the reasons why I went with the Cliq on T-Mobile instead of the Droid with Verizon is because I prefer the 3G that T-Mobile and AT&T uses as opposed to Sprint and Verizon...and here is why. T-Mobile and AT&T's 3G (HSPDA) supports SIMULTANEOUS voice and data. Sprint and Verizon's (EVDO Rev. A) does not. I like to be able to talk and surf and receive and send email. I stay on the go and busy like that.
What are the top premier Twitter and IM apps for the Droid? I currently use BeeJive and Social Scope for my Blackberry. About to move to TweetGenius when I grab the new 9700.

This whole iphone killer, this phone can do this, this phone features trump iphone means nuttin. It isnt about some fanboys cause if it was why is mac beingdominated by microsoft. The whole argument reminds me of the video game wars. NES was inferior to sega, snes was inferior to genesis, nintendo 64 was inferiorto sega saturn, and dreamcast trumped gamecube and psx, all of those sega products where superior to there competitors as far as technology,speed,features nowlook where sega is now and look at where nintendo is now. So was people who wanted a psx over dreamcast fanboys hype(i dont see how seeing psx was new to thevideo game market) so nintendo wii trumping ps3 and xbox, so ppl all of a sudden became fanboys.

I swear its just like unknown garbage music. Some ppl like things just cause the majority doesnt and it makes them feel cool, different, be on thelatest/cutting edge trend. It isnt about the iphone itself. Hell if every1 was all hyped on htc and iphone came out every1 who against iphone would be praisingit talking about how it trumps htc.

Oh, that's it?

Average iPhone app usage declines rapidly after first download

By Zach Spear
Published: 05:20 PM EST
The vast majority of apps downloaded from the App Store are in use by less than 5% of users after one month has passed since the download, according to an analytics firm that is also shedding light on other aspects of the business.
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]The data was collected from more than 30 million app downloads Pinch Media has been tracking as part of its analytics services. Included in chief executive Greg Yardley's presentation (embedded below) at the New York iPhone Developers Meetup were several revealing conclusions about how users interact with their downloaded apps.

Just 20% of users even return to run a free application again the day after it's downloaded. As time goes on, that decline continues, eventually settling below five percent at the one month elapsed mark and nearing zero after three months.

The paid apps worth a damn are all multi-platform anyway.

You and Ninjahood should just get bunk beds, rooming in denial. You seriously are gonna post an article that's 10 months old? Ontop of thathave you not read Apples monstrous record Q4 2009 profits?

Via db.tidbits.com/article/10658
We can't talk about the iPhone without mentioning the App Store, which now boasts 85,000 apps. Apple noted that there have been 2 billion customer downloads, with half a billion of that recorded during the September quarter.

It sold more Macs (3.05 million units) and iPhones (7.4 million) than any previous quarter, contributing to a net profit of $1.67 billion on revenue of $9.87 billion, or $1.82 per diluted share. It also recorded its best quarter of sales to the education market, with 12 percent year-over-year growth.

So they're not buying the same app again because they're to busy buying OTHER apps. Apple = print money.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

grin.gif

hype =/=facts
seriously though how many phones take that long to boot up anymore? some people turn their phone off every night and i know i would get annoyed ashell having to wait that long for a phone to boot up.

also, they priced the cliq at $200. thats just ridiculous.

the fact that they targeted this phone to social networkers makes it incomparable to the iPhone, not the specs.

this phone has a couple things on the iPhone though. it has a better camera, multitask and a physical keyboard.

oh yeah, the t-mobile thing...its happened on more than one occasion.

Back
Top Bottom