THE IPHONE HAS BEN TRUMPED......BY THE MOTOROLA CLIQ

BB stay killin' Iphones. Nah I'm just playin. I like them both but I'm using an unlocked Iphone and something about that freaks me out. Like,having no insurance freaks me out. If it breaks then its a wrap
smh.gif

It came out like, a year (maybe 2?) before the iPhone. It's considered to be the OG iPhone and some, to this day, still consider it even better than theiPhone. It came in an 8 or 16 GB. GPS (if you got the European version). AM/FM radio. Web browser with Java and Flash. TV. 5 MP camera with Carl Zeiss lens.That's all I can think of off the top of my head. But there's A LOT more.

10 years from now people won't remember the N95. Guess what phone they will remember? The same one everyone tries to knock off the throne.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Nokia N95's impact and influence >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iPhone.

THANK YOU.

I don't know that much on the Nokia/N95, can you please inform me.
Its the handset that really set the precedent for all of these feature packed smartphones.

3 Years later and it still does things that many top tier smartphones can't come close to doing.

��

These threads are always fun to read.. You can always count on Ninjahood's loyalty to the SK
laugh.gif

For the iPhone users: Let's say you browse, listen to some music, email and text on the regular... How long is your battery lasting?

I dont care whats an Iphone killer I just want an Iphone but verizon cant seem to get it done...

There is no "iPhone killer," however there is The Droid. The Droid > iPhone. Now, where are the Droid killers at? None.

Their will never be an iphone killer because they own the market. They have the apps game on lock and as long as they have multi-touch, they will be hard todethrone. With that said I will stick with my trusty blackberry. Cant wait for the Bold 2.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

There is no "iPhone killer," however there is The Droid. The Droid > iPhone. Now, where are the Droid killers at? None.
That's the way to flip the script, lets see if the hype of the iPhone can kill the Droid, or even Android

Uhhhhhhhh nah. Someone really needs to make a list of all the phones that were labeled "iphone killers' than failed.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Uhhhhhhhh nah. Someone really needs to make a list of all the phones that were labeled "iphone killers' than failed.
any phone with a touch screen has been called an iphone killer

but at the end of the day its all about what YOU need in a phone....your always going to have to make sacrifices on any device...whether it be a physicalkeyboard, a carrier, applications, a better camera, a web browser....i could go on all day....no phone is the best in every category

Repost from another thread:

Apple has won the hearts and minds of the consumer market with the iPhone. They have done so to such a highdegree that people will viciously defend it even though in all reality it lacks a lot of capabilities compared to the competitors out there. People talk aboutthe App Store and iTunes like those are exclusive concepts that no other smartphone has. In all reality Android Market and Amazon MP3 are more than worthyalternatives.

The app store has 100,000 apps...Android Market has 10,000 apps. Apple has the overwhelming advantage in the number ofapps, but then ask yourself how many of the apps are repeats of the same type of apps? Also how many apps will you actually use? Android has more than enoughQUALITY apps in so many categories. The Amazon MP3 store is also a very fleshed out and capable service...here is an article comparing the two...(note this waswritten in 2007 so some things may have changed a little since then)...

The first reviews of Amazon MP3 store , which offers DRM-free tracks at prices that are generally cheaper than the iTunes Store, are in, and most have come down in favor of the new service relative to Apple's offering. MP3 tracks sold through the Amazon store are encoded at 256 Kbps in MP3 format, as opposed to 128 Kbps in AAC format on the iTunes Store. Most tracks are also priced at $.89 on the Amazon store, while Apple charges $.99 for FairPlay DRM tracks and $1.29 for a smaller selection of DRM-free tracks. Over 20,000 independent labels are onboard, while major labels include previous holdout artists such as Radiohead, Amazon says.Machinist says that the Amazon transfer-to-device experience nearly matches iTunes, despite its Web-based nature. "The store is on the Web, but after you download a small companion program -- works on Windows and Mac -- you can reproduce the same one-click experience you've come to love in Apple's store (the app automatically adds purchased files to iTunes or another favorite music player). Amazon's store also lets you search for and preview music just as easily as in iTunes."

Selection is a point of contention, however. The iTunes Store offers about 6 million tracks, while Amazon has about 2 million. That's not the whole story, however, as Apple's selection of DRM-free media is much smaller than its selection of FairPlay-restricted tracks.

What people also fail to realize is that the Verizon's Droid and T-Mobile's Cliq are BOTH Android phones and areboth made by Motorola. The difference is that the Droid sports Android v2.0 and the Cliq runs Android v1.5. The Cliq will be receiving the v2.0 update in a fewmonths. The hardware specs are nearly identical as far as processing speed and RAM. Both phones have excellent screens though the Droid is slightly larger. Both have the very very good 5MP Camera with autofocus. Both have batteries that are REMOVABLE that are 1400mah. The battery life for these phones for all theydo is really good.

HERE IS WHERE ANDROID TRUMPS iPhone's Mac OS based operating system.... With Android on your home screen you can havewidgets that allow you to access apps without going into the app itself. There is the Google widget, Imeem widget, Weather Channel that updates persistentlyand many many more. This means right from your home screen there are services and programs running and you can decide which ones you want and what screen youwant them to appear on. iPhone doesn't do that. Plus iPhone does not multi-task.

The next iPhone better come with it, because Android enabled devices are coming on very strong. It is just a matter oftime before Android will become one of the premier mobile platforms. The Droid and the Cliq are spearheading the effort.

This is an unbiased opinion from a person that supports Apple. I am typing this from my $2400 Unibody MacBook Pro that wasjust released a few short months ago. I have an iPhone an iPHone 3G, and a Blackberry Bold. Was thinking about the 3GS or the Blackberry 9700, but since Ialready been there done that with BB and iPhone I decided to try Android out, to see how good or bad it is. So far I can honestly say it is one of the best outthere.

The iphone has been trumped by any phone that you can use on a provider other than at&t. I dont care how cool or neat the iphone is....I like a phone thatgets cell phone reception. /thread

1) When the android has the same number of apps as the APPSTORE does than we can say there is an iphone killer.

2) Iphone for Verizon would fail until they can figure out how to use data not wifi and talk on the phone simultaneously

Why does sprint/verizon suck and gsm rule because you can use the internet and be on the phone at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom