THE IPHONE HAS BEN TRUMPED......BY THE MOTOROLA CLIQ

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by dtb00201

are you kidding? get this middle school phone out of here
Yeah cause Middle Schoolers use MS Exchange and synch calenders and meetings and contacts, and need the ability to remotely wipe their phones of data if they lose their phones. Get your dumb-@%# out of here with that stupid talk. You must have posted that crap on your old @%# Treo 600
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the whole phone is based on facebook and twitter.....the phone is marketed to tweeners.....nobody who really uses exchange heavy would come near thisphone.....its not even the best android phone out so stop riding so hard for this big bulky piece of crap....this phone will be forgotten in 3months......there is nothing new or revolutionary about this phone at all....honestly for 200$ there are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better phones out in the market andwho wants to be on tmobile? get out of here man....and if you want to get into multitasking.....the processor on this phone cant make for a good experiencewith all those stupid widgets running....its not fast enough......when we get snapdragon phones then yea...but untill then....web os for multitasking is king

hey there guy, you're singing the same old song and dance about this phone that every other person does for their respective phones, which all have onething in common, they're all competing with the iphone. the iphone is the king right now because:

-its the first touchscreen phone with actual popularity to the public. many people will tell you that the iphone was the first touchscreen phone. that reallytells you a lot about the previous touchscreen phones that preceded the iphone.
-APPS, APPS, APPS!
-its UI (people didn't give a @!#* about multi-tasking until the pre came out touting it as one of its features)
-its ecosystem
-its already an ipod, thats compatible with itunes.
-Because its apple

the fact that your comparing it to the iphone is just adding to the iphone's mystique. so stop it. please.

Until any touchscreen phone gets a responsive multi-touch ability or over 75 thousand apps, the iPhone will reign supreme. I'm even posting this on mine.

The only iPhone killer is the nokia n900. Other than that these companies all need to go back to the drawing board.

i prefer my g1 over the iphone because the main reason that the iphone is considered "supreme" is because it's by apple. i can root my g1 and putdifferent roms on it which makes it feel like i have a new phone every time i turn it on and there are thousands of apps in the market

I don't know why everybody is trying to "trump the iPhone", or at least claim that a particular phone will actually do it.

If it can't even take a portion of market share, is it really poised to do anything you guys are claiming it can do?

Functionality is only a portion of what makes a phone successful. You can clown Apple about the lack of MMS and cut n' paste up until this last iterationof the iPhone OS, but the fact is that a lot of people that have Smart phones have iPhones. And they're so cost prohibitive to just switch on the fly for most people. Unless you give people a reason to switch, they won't switch. Period.

And quite frankly, as an iPhone user for less than two years, and a Blackberry user for 3 years previous to that, The Cliq gives me absolutely no reason toswitch.

You can't take away the market if you are only marginally better than something else. You have to be a) innovative and b) fundamentally unique from thestatus quo.

The Cliq is neither.

I am new to Android, and as a matter of fact my preliminary opinion of the Cliq that was it seemed like itwas going to be cheap and plasticky...UNTIL I actually tried it. It has a solid substantial feel, with no loosness. The slider is spring loaded and solid aswell. The screen is very responsive, bright, and clear. The resolution is very very good. YouTube plays back on it so well that my chick thought it was a videoon my microSD card. The web browser is the real deal. I myself was impressed. I hav ean iPHone and 4 Blackberrys.

About the social networking aspect...that is an ADDED functionality that comes with the phone. You do not have to use it.It is still an Android phone and does it well. Verizon's Droid has Android 2.0, the Cliq will be receiving that update soon.

As far as Apps...there are tons and tons of very useful Apps in the Android Market. Developers are always down to developfor Google. People seem to think that the App store is the only horse in town.

One of the reasons why I went with the Cliq on T-Mobile instead of the Droid with Verizon is because I prefer the 3G thatT-Mobile and AT&T uses as opposed to Sprint and Verizon...and here is why. T-Mobile and AT&T's 3G (HSPDA) supports SIMULTANEOUS voice and data.Sprint and Verizon's (EVDO Rev. A) does not. I like to be able to talk and surf and receive and send email. I stay on the go and busy likethat.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

The only iPhone killer is the next iPhone

troof.

and the 3GS was well worth the money, even if you owned the 3G. The added processing power alone made it defacate on that lil jabberjaw metro phone youposted.

if you pull an iphone out to get a chick's number, you have a 30 percent higher chance of smashing.

that phone you posted is just birth control with fewer side effects.

I am new to Android, and as a matter of fact my preliminary opinion of the Cliq that was it seemed like it was going to be cheap and plasticky...UNTIL I actually tried it. It has a solid substantial feel, with no loosness. The slider is spring loaded and solid as well. The screen is very responsive, bright, and clear. The resolution is very very good. YouTube plays back on it so well that my chick thought it was a video on my microSD card. The web browser is the real deal. I myself was impressed. I hav ean iPHone and 4 Blackberrys.

About the social networking aspect...that is an ADDED functionality that comes with the phone. You do not have to use it. It is still an Android phone and does it well. Verizon's Droid has Android 2.0, the Cliq will be receiving that update soon.

As far as Apps...there are tons and tons of very useful Apps in the Android Market. Developers are always down to develop for Google. People seem to think that the App store is the only horse in town.

One of the reasons why I went with the Cliq on T-Mobile instead of the Droid with Verizon is because I prefer the 3G that T-Mobile and AT&T uses as opposed to Sprint and Verizon...and here is why. T-Mobile and AT&T's 3G (HSPDA) supports SIMULTANEOUS voice and data. Sprint and Verizon's (EVDO Rev. A) does not. I like to be able to talk and surf and receive and send email. I stay on the go and busy like that.
uhhh doesnt give me any reason to want the cliq, you basically named everything the iphone has

/thread

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I don't know why everybody is trying to "trump the iPhone", or at least claim that a particular phone will actually do it.

If it can't even take a portion of market share, is it really poised to do anything you guys are claiming it can do?

Functionality is only a portion of what makes a phone successful. You can clown Apple about the lack of MMS and cut n' paste up until this last iteration of the iPhone OS, but the fact is that a lot of people that have Smart phones have iPhones. And they're so cost prohibitive to just switch on the fly for most people. Unless you give people a reason to switch, they won't switch. Period.

And quite frankly, as an iPhone user for less than two years, and a Blackberry user for 3 years previous to that, The Cliq gives me absolutely no reason to switch.

You can't take away the market if you are only marginally better than something else. You have to be a) innovative and b) fundamentally unique from the status quo.

The Cliq is neither.
I switched because I am open to give an up and coming product that shows promise andcapability and a FRESH approach, a chance. Android is that platform. CLiq just os happens to be the hardware I chose that runs it.

ok guys...at the end of the day it's a cell phone... but me personally, I'm about to go back to my moto q or blackberry. I just don't use all thefeatures of the iphone and i dont feel as though i need them.. all i do is text or call so......i'll keep it as a backup though
ohwell.gif

The only phone I see killing the "Iphone".................................is the HTC HD2. That phone is a monster in it's own right. Actually,HTC HD2 is going to kill the Iphone.

Also, I have to say one thing. Why is it that when people mention Blackberries, Sidekicks, ect.....they hate? Since the Iphone came out, they have done crap tothe UI. It's the same old UI from the first generation. However, people love to say that the sidekick has not changed one bit with an exception of a fewminor upgrades here and there. I love the sidekick line.....I love blackberries....I love iphone's....Why? I have no clue. I just love gadgets in generaland I switch up a lot. Sidekick= Great multitasking phone.....Blackberry= Emails.......Iphone= Browser and apps. Also, why does every phone have to compare tothe Iphone? Last time I checked, statistics show Rim as being the #1 seller of phones. So why is every new release of a mobile phone compared to the Iphonewhen they don't even have the #1 spot?!? I guess popularity rules huh? Anyway, I would like to check out that Motorola cliq. I will look at it tomorrow. Asfar as being an Iphone killer.......I beg the differ.

Originally Posted by StuntHard

troof.

and the 3GS was well worth the money, even if you owned the 3G. The added processing power alone made it defacate on that lil jabberjaw metro phone you posted.

if you pull an iphone out to get a chick's number, you have a 30 percent higher chance of smashing.

Yo, if you need any type of phone to increase the chances of you smashing...your swag is inserious need of a makeover my dude.

BTW you are correct about one thing, the iPHone's processor is faster in terms of clock speed (600mhz), but not toomuch faster than the Cliq's 528mhz, they both have the same amount of RAM at 256MB, so that 'aint hardly "defacating" on the Cliq.

But if I were you I'd keep the iPhone since you might need that %30 percent boost to smash chicks, I can only imaginehow hard it is for a dude to get laid nowadays.
laugh.gif

I respect OP's opinion. I have no counter argument because I've never used the phone nor do I own and iPhone. I wanna doubt that it trumps the iPhonetho. But then again, the iPhone is hyped to an astronomical level. And yes, the iPhone can be killed. Fanboys need to cut out the nonsense. Ppl seem to forgetthat there was a standard before today's phones that nobody saw capable of being beat. And guess what happened? It was beat. Beat by Blackberries, iPhones,Treos, the whole nine. So the idea that what's the standard today can't be exceeded is just plain nonsense. I trust in the fact that Research In Motion(makers of Blackberry) can formulate a phone that can kill the iPhone. However, Blackberries are, in essence, business-oriented phones. iPhones are more"personal" and cater to the individual user.

Functionality is only a portion of what makes a phone successful. You can clown Apple about the lack of MMS and cut n' paste up until this last iteration of the iPhone OS, but the fact is that a lot of people that have Smart phones have iPhones. And they're so cost prohibitive to just switch on the fly for most people. Unless you give people a reason to switch, they won't switch. Period.

And quite frankly, as an iPhone user for less than two years, and a Blackberry user for 3 years previous to that, The Cliq gives me absolutely no reason to switch.

You can't take away the market if you are only marginally better than something else. You have to be a) innovative and b) fundamentally unique from the status quo.

The Cliq is neither.
I switched because I am open to give an up and coming product that shows promise and capability and a FRESH approach, a chance. Android is that platform. CLiq just os happens to be the hardware I chose that runs it.
But being on the cutting edge of technology isn't exactly what moves the masses. It doesn't necessarily mean you're going to beat themasses to the punch in terms of catching on to what's new.

Early adopters and "Beta testers" aren't the majority. They are fringe users that are typically more technically skilled and adventurous. Or,they're people that want to give the impression that they're the type.

Anyone can develop products that are superior to those in it's market in certain ways. But it's making it palatable to the masses in order to actuallymake money is what's REALLY important.

The Camry is the best selling car in America since 2002. Is it necessarily the best or most technically advanced car out there? Absolutely not. But it has astranglehold on the market for many reasons. There is a history of use, reputation, solid marketing, adaptation to newer technologies (Hybrids), etc. A lotof these reasons are the same reasons why the iPhone is so popular. You can't just pin it on hype. They made a phone that was SO similar to somethingthat was already on the market for years: the iPod. And now you have a legion of users that are familiar with the brand, the interface, and the quality.

And it's not a bad phone, either.

Being an early adopter is fine. I can dig that. But don't insult me because I've chosen an "inferior phone". It's hardly inferior. Andif it were inferior, it's not behind by much.

Originally Posted by StuntHard

troof.

and the 3GS was well worth the money, even if you owned the 3G. The added processing power alone made it defacate on that lil jabberjaw metro phone you posted.

Yo, if you need any type of phone to increase the chances of you smashing...your swag is in serious need of a makeover my dude.

BTW you are correct about one thing, the iPHone's processor is faster in terms of clock speed (600mhz), but not too much faster than the Cliq's 528mhz, they both have the same amount of RAM at 256MB, so that 'aint hardly "defacating" on the Cliq.

But if I were you I'd keep the iPhone since you might need that %30 percent boost to smash chicks, I can only imagine how hard it is for a dude to get laid nowadays.
laugh.gif

the only reason i brought the smashability factor into the equation is because everything you posted, the iPhone is capable of doing, and it is capable ofdoing better. the only defining factor is whether YCS.

better yet, lemme ask you this: can it render flash? if so, then yes, you can call it the iphone killer. if not, put it in line behind the rest of the iphoneassaulters, cause they ain't killers.

The Cliq is neither.
I switched because I am open to give an up and coming product that shows promise and capability and a FRESH approach, a chance. Android is that platform. CLiq just os happens to be the hardware I chose that runs it.
But being on the cutting edge of technology isn't exactly what moves the masses. It doesn't necessarily mean you're going to beat the masses to the punch in terms of catching on to what's new.

Early adopters and "Beta testers" aren't the majority. They are fringe users that are typically more technically skilled and adventurous. Or, they're people that want to give the impression that they're the type.

Anyone can develop products that are superior to those in it's market in certain ways. But it's making it palatable to the masses in order to actually make money is what's REALLY important.

The Camry is the best selling car in America since 2002. Is it necessarily the best or most technically advanced car out there? Absolutely not. But it has a stranglehold on the market for many reasons. There is a history of use, reputation, solid marketing, adaptation to newer technologies (Hybrids), etc. A lot of these reasons are the same reasons why the iPhone is so popular. You can't just pin it on hype. They made a phone that was SO similar to something that was already on the market for years: the iPod. And now you have a legion of users that are familiar with the brand, the interface, and the quality.

Being an early adopter is fine. I can dig that. But don't insult me because I've chosen an "inferior phone". It's hardly inferior. And if it were inferior, it's not behind by much.
Fair enough Bastitch, and you make an excellent point with the Camry. I just so happen to owna 2008 Camry, and was SERIOUSLY thinking about getting an M3 Sedan, which as we know is far superior in performance and the like...but for some reason Idecided to stay with the Camry. I guess it just makes sense, and makes sense in a way that is not just from a numbers and capability perspective. I am actuallyhappy competition is arising for the iPhone...because hopefully APL will respond accordingly with an update that will truly be amazing. Then I see myself goignright back to it.

The Cliq is neither.
But being on the cutting edge of technology isn't exactly what moves the masses. It doesn't necessarily mean you're going to beat the masses to the punch in terms of catching on to what's new.

Early adopters and "Beta testers" aren't the majority. They are fringe users that are typically more technically skilled and adventurous. Or, they're people that want to give the impression that they're the type.

Anyone can develop products that are superior to those in it's market in certain ways. But it's making it palatable to the masses in order to actually make money is what's REALLY important.

The Camry is the best selling car in America since 2002. Is it necessarily the best or most technically advanced car out there? Absolutely not. But it has a stranglehold on the market for many reasons. There is a history of use, reputation, solid marketing, adaptation to newer technologies (Hybrids), etc. A lot of these reasons are the same reasons why the iPhone is so popular. You can't just pin it on hype. They made a phone that was SO similar to something that was already on the market for years: the iPod. And now you have a legion of users that are familiar with the brand, the interface, and the quality.

Being an early adopter is fine. I can dig that. But don't insult me because I've chosen an "inferior phone". It's hardly inferior. And if it were inferior, it's not behind by much.
Fair enough Bastitch, and you make an excellent point with the Camry. I just so happen to own a 2008 Camry, and was SERIOUSLY thinking about getting an M3 Sedan, which as we know is far superior in performance and the like...but for some reason I decided to stay with the Camry. I guess it just makes sense, and makes sense in a way that is not just from a numbers and capability perspective. I am actually happy competition is arising for the iPhone...because hopefully APL will respond accordingly with an update that will truly be amazing. Then I see myself goign right back to it.
Don't get me wrong. The competition is definitely good. The rise of the iPhone meant really good things for users that pledge allegiance tothe Blackberry. It's forced RIM to really make the decision to improve
for the sake of the everyday user, not just the corporate user.

The better Android gets, the better the iPhone will get. It's competition that keeps these companies honest to the consumer.

played with the cliq its cute but right now android is a glorified sidekick to me.

BTW, just thought I'd add that social networking and IM'ing is not just a kids thing. I use SecretDepartment of Defense networks both here and in the Middle East and guess what everybody does...yes you guess IM each other using MS Communicator. So thesefeatures on a phoen does not automatically qualify it as a tweener phone, just a device that is addressing the growing usage of communicationtechnologies.

Originally Posted by Late80s

played with the cliq its cute but right now android is a glorified sidekick to me.
Go sit down. If the iPhone would've came out w/ the UI that Android has, u'd be praisin it. Ppl !%#+@$# on the sidekick need to cease b/caside from the phone physically w/ the swivel screen and the size, Microsoft is doin a great job w/ makin it a better phone. It has and always will have thebest keyboard and AIM client and simple navigation

I think the iPhone will be the best for years to come....I personally hate keyboards now...Also I can't wait to see what apple has up there sleeve for nextyear....that droid is a nice phone though...we will all see once the hype dies down..

Back
Top Bottom