Originally Posted by stepinitup

Originally Posted by ninjahood

and for da record though, only iphone killer is da N900.....650 here we come
pimp.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
saw this one coming
nerd.gif
is it really that much of a suprise though?

unlocked internet tablet with Netbook stats and phonecall abilities.... like OP says, iphone can't even multitask, even my sidekick can do that
laugh.gif

backrounder lets you multitask....

Yeah so why can't the iPhone multitask? Fanboys you have 2 minutes to come up with an intelligentanswer...the time now is 5:29 EST.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All the features in the world wont hide the fact that the phone doesnt have the "Apple" on the back...which is all people care about

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

The built in calendar has amazing functionality that synchs with your job's MS Exchange as well as FB, Google, and others. Your contact list is integrated with your gmail and FB contact list.

This seems very very useful .

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

All the features in the world wont hide the fact that the phone doesnt have the "Apple" on the back...which is all people care about
+50, is why Jobs will continue to anally rape those who are blind followers.

Yeah so why can't the iPhone multitask? Fanboys you have 2 minutes to come up with an intelligent answer...the time now is 5:29 EST.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it can, jail breaking is your answer

Yeah so why can't the iPhone multitask? Fanboys you have 2 minutes to come up with an intelligent answer...the time now is 5:29 EST.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I am extending the time to 6:00 pm EST for a good explanation why multi-tasking is not native...eff havingan app for it.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it can, jail breaking is your answer

WWJ(obs)D if he knew you were jailbreaking your iPhone?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

By trump, I mean in CAPABILITY, not public opinion. Spec for spec, capability for capability the Cliq and even moreso the Droid trumps the iPhone. Apple just plays the "gain the hearts and minds" of the consumers game better than any company out there.

Like I said, this is unbiased...APL has gotten almost $4000 from me in two months with the Unibody MB and the newest Unibody MBP with the sealed battery, not to mention the old style MBP that I bought back in 2007. If I want something I get it, but I am honest about my technology.

this.

My lady was one of the biggest iPhone fan girls, but I bought her a Cliq along with mine, telling her she could take it back the second she found it to be inferior to her beloved iPhone. After getting into this phone, she is cancelling her AT&T.

Also holler back at me once the iPhone can finally MULTITASK. We talking the same phone that finally got MMS and cut and paste and had the nerve to tout it as a feature. Welcome to 2003 iPhone users!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And the 3GS was the laziest most half $** "upgrade" in mobile phone history.

Preach!

I saw that commerical where they touted the MMS and copy and paste and I literally had rewind the DVR, I was amazed that those features JUST became availablefor a device as advanced as the iphone.

laugh.gif

you do know that people call the CLIQ a child's toy compared to the DROID
, It can't even stack up against its brother

add this to the list of phones labeled

iPhone Killers

G1
Palm Pre
Blackberry bold
Blackberry Storm 1/2
Sony Xperia
Samsung Instinct

edit: I'll somewhat agree with you that the Android mobile platform will take over soon, but I give it 3-4 years, Apple has the phone market on lockdown for the next 2 years

The Xperia and the BlackBerrys were never considered iPhone killers, nor have they ever considered themselves.

Google will do it again...just like they caught arrogant %@% MSN and Yahoo with the Search engine and tookthat market over, and the way Gmail took the email world by storm, they are coming for the mobile device market. Google actually wins because the frontrunnersnever take them serious until it is too late. If APL doesn't get its head out of its %@% and bring a truly capable iPhone succesor it will soon beover.

Oh yes, one last thing. The iPhone isn't even the best phone out. Heck, the N95 came out a year(? maybe 2?) before the OG iPhone came out, and it wasconsidered better than the iPhone.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I am extending the time to 6:00 pm EST for a good explanation why multi-tasking is not native...eff having an app for it.
What about the Cliq, I for one know the Android OS is not stable, plus the hardware from what i've heard is doo doo

Cliq will not trump the iPhone due to the unstable OS, plus the Cliq WONT even have the latest firmware out of the box, please don't say it will get it inthe future
I had the g1, and it took nearly half a year for CUPCAKE to released so they can finally put an virtual keyboard for the MUCH needed G1, so most likely, youare going to get your CLIQ update in half a year, and by then, there will be a new android device that complete outdates you

And Apple has made a solution that is decent enough with push notifications

So far the only argument you have made that iPhone doesnt have background process

but theres a decent solution already with Push

but the CLIQ has many holes

1. Its a motorola
2. Battery is HORRIBLE
3. Its on T-mobile, 3G coverage sucks
4. Its bulky
5. Hardware sucks from what I've heard, its cheap, childs toy
6. OLD OS, android is slow on updating old devices
7. And APP store with horrible regulation, when I had a g1, there was an app that suposeably gave you memory, but people found out that it just put spam onyour email
8. You have limited space on downloading your APPs, you cant even put it on your SD card, whats the use of putting a 32GB SD card in? no way you are gonnalisten to music on it, you probably have an iPod
9. And if you do want to download apps, the majority of them are junk, and that MANY of them are ported from the iPhone, i remember using SHAZAM and they hadan iphone picture in the app to demonstrate how to use it

Originally Posted by dtb00201

are you kidding? get this middle school phone out of here
Yeah cause Middle Schoolers use MS Exchange and synch calenders and meetings and contacts, andneed the ability to remotely wipe their phones of data if they lose their phones. Get your dumb-@%# out of here with that stupid talk. You must have postedthat crap on your old @%# Treo 600
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'll value your opinion, because I haven't used the Cliq yet personally, but most reviews I've seen haven't been singing such high praises.It's a good phone, but I think the Droid is much better and compares better to the iPhone.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

My lady was one of the biggest iPhone fan girls, but I bought her a Cliq along with mine, telling her she could take it back the second she found it to be inferior to her beloved iPhone. After getting into this phone, she is cancelling her AT&T.

Also holler back at me once the iPhone can finally MULTITASK. We talking the same phone that finally got MMS and cut and paste and had the nerve to tout it as a feature. Welcome to 2003 iPhone users!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And the 3GS was the laziest most half $** "upgrade" in mobile phone history.

Preach!

I saw that commerical where they touted the MMS and copy and paste and I literally had rewind the DVR, I was amazed that those features JUST became available for a device as advanced as the iphone.
QFT

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I am extending the time to 6:00 pm EST for a good explanation why multi-tasking is not native...eff having an app for it.
What about the Cliq, I for one know the Android OS is not stable, plus the hardware from what i've heard is doo doo

Cliq will not trump the iPhone due to the unstable OS, plus the Cliq WONT even have the latest firmware out of the box, please don't say it will get it in the future
I had the g1, and it took nearly half a year for CUPCAKE to released so they can finally put an virtual keyboard for the MUCH needed G1, so most likely, you are going to get your CLIQ update in half a year, and by then, there will be a new android device that complete outdates you

And Apple has made a solution that is decent enough with push notifications

So far the only argument you have made that iPhone doesnt have background process

but theres a decent solution already with Push

but the CLIQ has many holes

1. Its a motorola
2. Battery is HORRIBLE
3. Its on T-mobile, 3G coverage sucks
4. Its bulky
5. Hardware sucks from what I've heard, its cheap, childs toy
6. OLD OS, android is slow on updating old devices
7. And APP store with horrible regulation, when I had a g1, there was an app that suposeably gave you memory, but people found out that it just put spam on your email
8. You have limited space on downloading your APPs, you cant even put it on your SD card, whats the use of putting a 32GB SD card in? no way you are gonna listen to music on it, you probably have an iPod
9. And if you do want to download apps, the majority of them are junk, and that MANY of them are ported from the iPhone, i remember using SHAZAM and they had an iphone picture in the app to demonstrate how to use it
That does NOT look like an answer to why the iPhone fails to have multitasking. Please thinkharder. But not too hard, there is no answer for why it lacks that capability...ESPECIALLY for a phone of its caliber. That's like a Ferrari with tiresrated for 60 MPH max speed.

BTW how many of y'all detractors actually USED a Cliq? It just came out yesterday and a week earlier for a few select.Stop regurgitating the %%+@ you read on the internet.

Either op is dying for attention, or is just a straight up idiot when it comes to tech.

My guess is it's a bit of both.

There is no iphone killer. Its a media buzz word to get people to buy something else. The only thing that will stop the iphone is when the exclusive rights arelost and every carrier gets it.

When it's available on boost it will be considered wack. That's about it.

The Cliq isn't even the best moto droid phone. Running on tmobile.
laugh.gif

im not gonna say ive used a cliq because i havent but just based on specs & what not there's noting really special about the cliq, it looks reallybulky, i can bet the keyboard isnt that good, and the whole Motoblur thing seems like just a waste of developers time. If anything would kill the iphone iwould be the Motorola Droid or HD2 if htc was smart & put android on it

That does NOT look like an answer to why the iPhone fails to have multitasking. Please think harder. But not too hard, there is no answer for why it lacks that capability...ESPECIALLY for a phone of its caliber. That's like a Ferrari with tires rated for 60 MPH max speed.

BTW how many of y'all detractors actually USED a Cliq? It just came out yesterday and a week earlier for a few select. Stop regurgitating the %%+@ you read on the internet.
Uhhh already gave you an answer, the iphone does not have multitasking, but it has a decent solution thats not great but it does its job, itscalled PUSH

I also stated all the faults the cliq had and why it wont beat the iphone

and i have used a cliq in a t-mobile store already yesterday, it is not a game changer, on the other Hand, i give it to the DROID, i will definitely checkthat out

and also, the Pre was the last phone to be labeled iphone killer with multitasking with its card feature, yet it cant stack up against the iphone at all interms of functionality

Back
Top Bottom