The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
man I wish I told you to get a Dinic's pork sandwich now that it's hindsight

i forgot to mention that. we did have it. and that thing DELIVERED. that was totally legit. i would go to philly just for that one. reading market is pretty cool as well.

i just got back from a quick road trip to Brooklyn, Philly, and New Haven for pizza, cheesesteaks, and drunk chicks.

best pizza was in brooklyn (Di Fara's). place is old school and legit as hell. top 3 pizza i've ever had, easily. their square slices alone were worth the trek from Boston. also hit this hipster joint in brooklyn called Roberta's. pizza was pretty good but nothing that can't be had in other cities.

philly is a pretty cool city. was only there for one night but the chicks were solid and definitely friendly with a few beers in them. philly cheesesteaks are overrated AF. Pat and Geno's are trash as the homie stillin729 stillin729 warned me about. so was expecting that. Jim's was the best of the bunch but even that was pretty average from what I've had in other cities. i was surprised about that. wanted to go to this pizza joint there that apparently only does 40 pies a night but they were sold out by the time we got there.

new haven, CT was a quick stop at Frank Pepe's. damn good pizza and one of the best i've had as well. @madj55...the pizza definitely didn't disappoint. we got in right before the dinner crowd showed up and had the line out the door and down the block even though it was raining like crazy.

pizza in CA does not touch the northeast, man. i don't think i'll have pizza again until march now when i'm in PDX :lol:
Drunk chicks :nerd:

i forgot to mention that. we did have it. and that thing DELIVERED. that was totally legit. i would go to philly just for that one. reading market is pretty cool as well.

it's amazing but the lines are unreal, Reading Terminal Market is a really cool spot

you hit up Mitchell and Ness down the street? the shop is pretty cool

go ahead...post it :lol:

Last edited:

Yes you are. It's not a standings for a playoff seeding its just the way its done. The team with the best record at the end of the season is coined the champions. The reason it makes sense is because every team plays each other twice so unlike the NFL there is no such thing as an easy schedule compared to another team. Could there be like a run of 4 or 5 tough/easy games in a row at certain points in the season sure but at the end of it all everyone will have played everyone twice so it evens out. Playoffs can be random and sometimes aren't indicative of who was the best team all season but thats subjective.

The Champions League is the "best teams in Europe" against each other and is the biggest club tournament in the region and the world because of the money involved. And a medal vs a ring is subjective as well 
laugh.gif
 whats most important is lifting up that trophy at the end of the day.

And extra/injury time is just a way to make up for time play was stopped because during the game since the clock keeps ticking and isn't stopped. It's the head ref and his crew's responsibility to keep track of time play was stopped because of say an injury/injuries or something and add that time on to the end of the half.
Winning a league is like winning a division banner to me
You cant call yourself a champion unless you beat all the best teams.
Lets be real, only the big/successful teams qualify for champions league, be the best among them and then we talk.
Stoppage time is bs, if a player is "hurt", then stop the clock.
They can call themselves the champions cause you play everyone in the league twice including the other best teams in the league twice. If you come out on top after that you deserve to be called champions.

The champions league is a prestigious trophy but it is a cup competition its a tournament and that just operates differently from the domestic leagues. In America we end all our leagues in a tournament so we consider that the proper way to decide a league champion but its just regional their isn't one way.

The clock doesn't stop cause thats just the way it is its the rules of the game its meant to keep the game flowing as quickly as possible

Last edited:

Drew Brees continues to get disrespected

Been the best QB this year.

Better than Matt Ryan?

Should he be MVP?

I think he's played better than Matt but his team is trash. Can't have a MVP on a losing team of course.
I would disagree. Brees has more yardage and yards per game but he only has one more TD than Matt (35 to 34) and he also has thrown 14 interceptions compared to Matt Ryan's 7 and Matt Ryans yards per attempt is higher (9.3 compared to Bree's 7.
glasses.gif
and he is the highest passer rating in the NFL this season (although personally I only put but so much merit into the passer rating statistic).

Bree's has played well this season on a terrible team but Matt Ryan has played better this season.
Well I would disagree sir.
thats fair I guess

it's amazing but the lines are unreal, Reading Terminal Market is a really cool spot

you hit up Mitchell and Ness down the street? the shop is pretty cool

go ahead...post it :lol:

went early at like 11:30 this morning so there was no line. even got seats. so that worked out.

we did hit up mitchell and ness. was tough to keep the credit card in the pocket in that store, man.

as far as the drunk chicks, we actually had fun with this trio of chicks and was going well until my homie blurted out the fact that we were from out of town. that pretty much killed any shot i might have had. got the digits though before that so if i'm ever back in philly, definitely throwing up a half court shot :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom