The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soccer is the only sport i can think of that celebrates regular season seeding
Corny and lame as hell
Stoppage time, lame and primitive as hell
Giving out medals instead of rings, lame as hell
Ugly trophies

Any of y'all watching this Oklahoma state/Colorado game?

Y'all see the OSU coach with the mullet??!

Anything with a cup > any other trophy

Hence hockey and couple of the soccer championships trophies > what they got in NBA, NFL and MLB

Anything with a cup > any other trophy

Hence hockey and couple of the soccer championships trophies > what they got in NBA, NFL and MLB
incredulous.gif

Lord Stanley's cup is easily the best thing going in North America..

I know champions league is a cup, not sure on the rest

Last edited:
i just got back from a quick road trip to Brooklyn, Philly, and New Haven for pizza, cheesesteaks, and drunk chicks.

best pizza was in brooklyn (Di Fara's). place is old school and legit as hell. top 3 pizza i've ever had, easily. their square slices alone were worth the trek from Boston. also hit this hipster joint in brooklyn called Roberta's. pizza was pretty good but nothing that can't be had in other cities.

philly is a pretty cool city. was only there for one night but the chicks were solid and definitely friendly with a few beers in them. philly cheesesteaks are overrated AF. Pat and Geno's are trash as the homie stillin729 stillin729 warned me about. so was expecting that. Jim's was the best of the bunch but even that was pretty average from what I've had in other cities. i was surprised about that. wanted to go to this pizza joint there that apparently only does 40 pies a night but they were sold out by the time we got there.

new haven, CT was a quick stop at Frank Pepe's. damn good pizza and one of the best i've had as well. @madj55...the pizza definitely didn't disappoint. we got in right before the dinner crowd showed up and had the line out the door and down the block even though it was raining like crazy.

pizza in CA does not touch the northeast, man. i don't think i'll have pizza again until march now when i'm in PDX :lol:

I swear to GOD shatterknees
am I wrong tho?
No one should be called a champion for being the number 1 in standings.
I already said champions league is the only tourney that matters but you get a crappy medal for winning the most competitive soccer tourney.
Please defend "fergie" time, I am waiting for a logical explanation
Yes you are. It's not a standings for a playoff seeding its just the way its done. The team with the best record at the end of the season is coined the champions. The reason it makes sense is because every team plays each other twice so unlike the NFL there is no such thing as an easy schedule compared to another team. Could there be like a run of 4 or 5 tough/easy games in a row at certain points in the season sure but at the end of it all everyone will have played everyone twice so it evens out making it fair whoever is at the top at the end be called the champion of the league. Playoffs can be random and sometimes aren't indicative of who was the best team all season but thats subjective.

The Champions League is the "best teams in Europe" against each other and is the biggest club tournament in the region and the world because of the money involved. And a medal vs a ring is subjective as well 
laugh.gif
 whats most important is lifting up that trophy at the end of the day.

And extra/injury time is just a way to make up for time play was stopped during the game since the clock isnt stopped. It's the head ref and his crew's responsibility to keep track of time play was stopped because of say an injury/injuries or something and add that time on to the end of the half.

Last edited:

Drew Brees continues to get disrespected

Been the best QB this year.

Better than Matt Ryan?

Should he be MVP?

I think he's played better than Matt but his team is trash. Can't have a MVP on a losing team of course.

I would disagree. Brees has more yardage and yards per game but he only has one more TD than Matt (35 to 34) and he also has thrown 14 interceptions compared to Matt Ryan's 7 and Matt Ryans yards per attempt is higher (9.3 compared to Bree's 7.8) and he is the highest passer rating in the NFL this season (although personally I only put but so much merit into the passer rating statistic).

Bree's has played well this season on a terrible team but Matt Ryan has played better this season.

Well I would disagree sir.

Yes you are. It's not a standings for a playoff seeding its just the way its done. The team with the best record at the end of the season is coined the champions. The reason it makes sense is because every team plays each other twice so unlike the NFL there is no such thing as an easy schedule compared to another team. Could there be like a run of 4 or 5 tough/easy games in a row at certain points in the season sure but at the end of it all everyone will have played everyone twice so it evens out. Playoffs can be random and sometimes aren't indicative of who was the best team all season but thats subjective.

The Champions League is the "best teams in Europe" against each other and is the biggest club tournament in the region and the world because of the money involved. And a medal vs a ring is subjective as well :lol:  whats most important is lifting up that trophy at the end of the day.

And extra/injury time is just a way to make up for time play was stopped because during the game since the clock keeps ticking and isn't stopped. It's the head ref and his crew's responsibility to keep track of time play was stopped because of say an injury/injuries or something and add that time on to the end of the half.

Winning a league is like winning a division banner to me
You cant call yourself a champion unless you beat all the best teams.
Lets be real, only the big/successful teams qualify for champions league, be the best among them and then we talk.
Stoppage time is bs, if a player is "hurt", then stop the clock.

philly cheesesteaks are overrated AF

@LiCeNseD To BaLL and @jcmojica24 as the NT SummerWhateverThe****ItsCalled commishs

I am demanding a First Blood Match with DeadsetAce DeadsetAce

View media item 2280504

seriously though, dude. part of the reason is they don't throw the cheese onto the steak that's grilling and let it melt in (american and provolone). second is that the steak is all pre-grilled and waiting for orders, so it's dried out. i was sad that it didn't live up to the hype :lol:

View media item 2280504

seriously though, dude. part of the reason is they don't throw the cheese onto the steak that's grilling and let it melt in (american and provolone). second is that the steak is all pre-grilled and waiting for orders, so it's dried out. i was sad that it didn't live up to the hype :lol:

they cook up a **** ton of meat in prep because of the lunch lines, I don't know about the cheese melting process

TBH it's been a while since I have been to Jim's just because I grew up on cheesesteaks and they aren't anything all that special to me :rolleyes (I think used this right)

man I wish I told you to get a Dinic's pork sandwich now that it's hindsight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom