The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gods of Egypt is on point lol. Think we all got duped by the Suicide Squad trailers. After that all the super hero movies officially became a bunch of nonsense to me. Especially following Batman vs Superman.

I saw Doctor Strange just because it looked like it would be super trippy in IMAX and it did deliver though. Ended up being pretty good.
you cant group them all together.. the real marvel movies are MCU (avengers, GOTG, dr strange and NOW spiderman).. then you have the Nolan batman movies.. the DC animated movies

then you have fox marvel movies, which deadpool is the only one that is really good to me (I enjoyed first class, but thought it was restricted due to singer being involved in that).. but fox has xmen and fantastic four (and had dare devil and Elektra)

DC is seemingly just rushing stuff out and rushing stories to try and catch up with what marvel is doing.. just look at BvS which ripped off what like 3-4 solid stories, which should have AT LEAST been 4-5 movies and way down the road

Theres was litteraly no reason for 75% of the SS to be there. Like what does harley quinn have over the highly trained soldiers they already have?

Last edited:
what I was expecting:

what we got:

I see. Marvel/DC animated movies have and will most likely always be superior to the real thing. My expectations weren't that high going in. The animated films pull straight from the source material and have endless possibilities because its animated. I stopped expecting live action greatness when the first X-Men came out years ago. Worst comic movie franchise ever made. The characters are all wrong. Iceman a kid, Juggernaut a mutant, black leather costumes, Wolverine hasn't once wore a mask. Just awful.

I enjoyed BvS
nerd.gif
they did a poor job of ripping of this story:

and just threw this in for some reason:

The dark knight return is a senior citizen batman tho

Story is meh

But I like explosive effects

That said, I still enjoyed it

Gods of Egypt is on point lol. Think we all got duped by the Suicide Squad trailers. After that all the super hero movies officially became a bunch of nonsense to me. Especially following Batman vs Superman.

I saw Doctor Strange just because it looked like it would be super trippy in IMAX and it did deliver though. Ended up being pretty good.

Dr. Strange was great. a LOT better than i anticipated

I see. Marvel/DC animated movies have and will most likely always be superior to the real thing. My expectations weren't that high going in. The animated films pull straight from the source material and have endless possibilities because its animated. I stopped expecting live action greatness when the first X-Men came out years ago. Worst comic movie franchise ever made. The characters are all wrong. Iceman a kid, Juggernaut a mutant, black leather costumes, Wolverine hasn't once wore a mask. Just awful.
the DC animated movies are greatness (or at least they were til the recent "killing joke" and the green lantern one).. the marvel ones are really hit or miss

but MCU for the most part has delivered for the most part outside of a couple movies.. and then you got the Netflix shows

fox has a 1 good movie for me, deadpool.. DC fell off a cliff after Nolan's movies (and then you got joel Schumacher's pieces of crap.. not counting the adam west movies)

I liked the original 3 Star Wars movies. All the modern movies I don't care for. Episodes 1-3 are garbage. The last movie was a copy of the original. This new movie is before episodes 4-6. I already know how Vader story ends.
never enjoyed a Star wars movie.. They boring and nerdy to me. More power to you whoever enjoys it.

Deadpool is the best Comic movie FOX has ever made. Besides completely changing Negasonic Teenage Warheads powers, it got Deadpools character right.

The dark knight return is a senior citizen batman tho

Story is meh

But I like explosive effects

That said, I still enjoyed it
well there is a lot more to the story than that.. but the reason for batman and superman fighting in that movie at least makes sense in that world that was created

and there was a lot more to it than just batman being suspicious of the dude who just saved the world from something batman couldn't even dream of stopping

Yeah I get the distinctions but just in general between both DC and Marvel there is so much going on I cant keep track of anything that's happening. Especially on Marvel's end. The avengers and all that lost me a while ago. Feels like the studio is pushing out quantity over quality.

And what DC has followed up with after Nolan's work has been a joke to me.

Last edited:
Deadpool is the best Comic movie FOX has ever made. Besides completely changing Negasonic Teenage Warheads powers, it got Deadpools character right.
easily.. I got first class 2nd.. but singer was the producer on that, so they couldn't do a legit first class and reboot everything

so we end up with havok being one of the original crew and a bunch of castoffs that didn't get used previously

beast was the only one out of that crew that should have legit been there

well there is a lot more to the story than that.. but the reason for batman and superman fighting in that movie at least makes sense in that world that was created

and there was a lot more to it than just batman being suspicious of the dude who just saved the world from something batman couldn't even dream of stopping

I meant to say bvs story was meh

I love dark knight returns.
Very underrated joker.

I am not too fond of superman working for the government tho because a normal superman would never do that.

Days of future past > deadpool

I enjoyed X-Men First Class. It was solid although again the characters and timeline is completely different from the source material. Sebastian Shaw had the powers of Bishop in that film. The original X-Men consists of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast and Angel.

I am not too fond of superman working for the government tho because a normal superman would never do that.
yea.. but really it was isolated to that setting of the story.. had a bit of that watchmen feel to it

but really that's what kinda made the whole thing work.. cause it wasn't like supes went into the whole thing like he was going up against darkseid or something

within that world, you got everything that happened

Yeah I get the distinctions but just in general between both DC and Marvel there is so much going on I cant keep track of anything that's happening. Especially on Marvel's end. The avengers and all that lost me a while ago. Feels like the studio is pushing out quantity over quality.

And what DC has followed up with after Nolan's work has been a joke to me.
I dunnio.. I mean outside of the 2nd and 3rd IMs, 1st cap and the thor movies.. everything else has been solid

they have figured out what to do with cap, obviously.. and the 2nd and 3rd movies have been great

For those who may be interested Marvel Studios traded FOX Negasonic Teenage Warhead for Kurt Russell's character EGO the Living Planet in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom