The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Bowles said (along the lines of) "The final quarter of the season is the right time to evaluate"

So, 5 games (if Petty started against Indy, 6 if he was in against NE) would have been more damaging than only 4 remaining? :rofl:

I would cut Fitz. Told y'all before the year started I wouldn't even sign him unless it was real low. He's only had one good season in his career and is worse than average. Then he's got an attitude like he's actually done something in this league. **** him.

Random, but how does NT feel about Steve McNair (on the field)?
Great!!!  Should have won that MVP solo.

Unfortunately he's doomed to fall into the background of history because:  

A. The way his life/career ended  

B. His stats don't look that great compared to modern times (post-rule changes)  

C. he played his best years on the Titans which are one of the NFL's most ignored franchises.

dude was a warrior, never practiced because he was always banged up but made it out on the field every Sunday

kind of a shame he will be remembered for being murdered by his mistress but you make your bed I guess

Probably my favorite non-Cowboy player.

Tough and gritty, carried those Titans teams back in the day.

Jeff Fisher owes his decade+ of mediocrity as an NFL coach to McNair and that Super Bowl run.

Really wish he won game.

RIP. 
tired.gif

Fitzpatrick really feeling himself. 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

How can a QB so bad be so entitled?

Great!!!  Should have won that MVP solo.

Unfortunately he's doomed to fall into the background of history because:  

A. The way his life/career ended  
B. His stats don't look that great compared to modern times (post-rule changes)
C. he played his best years on the Titans which are one of the NFL's most ignored franchises.

That's what I was waiting for, cause I remember him flat out being a winner and playing through everything even though his stats didn't always look good. If he came along now, he'd probably get slandered and both fans and coaches would be impatient waiting on him to "take the next step"

News papers in NY are calling for Todd Bowles job already. People are saying the Jets players quit and showed no effort or heart. I don't blame Bowles for that. As a man you gotta have some professional pride that comes from within.

I'm a HUGE McNair fan. He was great, sad as **** some dumb ***** killed him. When M&N drops that throwback I will be copping both of them. He was special.

Speaking of CoMVPs, I hated Brett Favre for half of my childhood because I was tight that Barry didn't win the MVP solo. Which he should have.

I think Bowles is a good coach. The biggest issue is their QB. They thought he would have another good year. He's trash. They've also had some key injuries. I would keep Bowles or they can trade HCs with us.

Last edited:
I was hearing not too long ago that dudes on the Jets dont even show up to team meetings and ****. Just doing whatever the hell they want :lol:

U got Fitz didnt even want to practice and just get paid. Brandon Marshall talking to the media about how he wants Fitz back, basically undermining the front office

Revis talking about "im old" when he really meant "im fat" because he got paid and doesnt give a damn anymore. Its only 16 games a season and he doesnt even play physical :lol:

Just a ****** organization all the way around

I was hearing not too long ago that dudes on the Jets dont even show up to team meetings and ****. Just doing whatever the hell they want :lol:

U got Fitz didnt even want to practice and just get paid. Brandon Marshall talking to the media about how he wants Fitz back, basically undermining the front office

Revis talking about "im old" when he really meant "im fat" because he got paid and doesnt give a damn anymore. Its only 16 games a season and he doesnt even play physical :lol:

Just a ****** organization all the way around

Reading this reminded me of the pre Gruden era of Washington football. A mess on and off the field. Thank goodness we've gotten out of the dark ages and are competitive now. HTTR

Last edited:
the jets have no choice but to start clean IMO.

they need to wipe clean the staff and hope Revis and Marshall retire. i actually like Marshall so i dont think he should leave but they really need to start new.

its a bad sign when you pay guys like Revis and Mo and they literally do nothing since that ink dries. 

just a poor organization. 

its also pretty scary that you draft 3 young qbs in what the last 3 years. and none of them are going to be your guy.

the only saving grace for bowels last night was he showed everyone that petty is no where near ready which hes been trying to tell everyone

we need someone to edit that Stafford/Megatron meme to Petty and Robby Anderson 
laugh.gif

...ive never seen a qb throw to 1 single guy and not even look anywhere else like that in my life. 

Last edited:
Just listened to Bomani's segment about the Falcons and he is right this is all Eugene Robinson fault.

EDIT: I meant Eugene Robinson but **** it its the entrie 98' Falcons teams fault

Last edited:

Just listened to Bomani's segment about the Falcons and he is right this is all Jamal Anderson's fault.
i remember watching Jamal as a kid and thinking back the dude was unstoppable.

until i just looked up his stats and he had one good year...an amazing year actually and did nothing really besides 1998.

memba berries had me thinking this dude was a force for years 
laugh.gif

Reading this reminded me of the pre Gruden era of Washington football. A mess on and off the field. Thank goodness we've gotten out of the dark ages and are competitive now. HTTR
Eh, Gruden'a first season sounds pretty much like this :lol:

Once the new GM came in things changed for the better, though he still hasn't addressed the defense like I thought he would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom