The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A debate about two trash qbs takin their teams nowhere.

Facts

I like Greene's speech. Seems like a real down to earth, grateful dude.

He was one of the first great sack artists that I remember as a kid.

We talking Mean Joe? Don't get me started on his greatness

Plus Papa Joe is awesome off field, gentle giant now days :pimp:

Some of the Hogs are top ten

Man, what? :lol:

Kevin Greene. Ya know...the guy who just gave his induction speech for the HOF about two hours ago?

:lol: C'mon dmx! Unless you're being sarcastic. I ain't that old!

Last edited:
Timmy Smith hold the single season receiving yards record?

Nope. Bet Calvin would trade that for Timmys ring though. We can look back and find all kinds of players who had great careers on sorry teams. Yet nobody puts them in top 10 categories. The vast majority of the greats if not all have some type of post season success. Can't nobody give me a example of one who doesn't though.

It's funny how those who claim he didn't quit haven't quoted my post saying if the Lions were SB contenders he wouldn't have retired. My points gets ignored when I make em.

When you brought up Kirk Cousin last 8 games in comparison to Matt Stafford's it confirmed you don't know what you are talking about.

Man, what? :lol:

Kevin Greene. Ya know...the guy who just gave his induction speech for the HOF about two hours ago?

:lol: C'mon dmx! Unless you're being sarcastic. I ain't that old!

:rofl:

I'm deleting my post, was out all night and just checked in

Didn't even think that it was Kevin, thought maybe there was a random interview

Yeah KG is cool, and his WCW days >

Nope. Bet Calvin would trade that for Timmys ring though. We can look back and find all kinds of players who had great careers on sorry teams. Yet nobody puts them in top 10 categories. The vast majority of the greats if not all have some type of post season success. Can't nobody give me a example of one who doesn't though.

It's funny how those who claim he didn't quit haven't quoted my post saying if the Lions were SB contenders he wouldn't have retired. My points gets ignored when I make em.

Barry Sanders,Bruce Matthews, Eric Dickerson,OJ Simpson, Earl Campbell, **** Butkus and Deacon Jones to name a few.

I'm just wondering what else Calvin could have done to make the Detriot team win playoff games

Nothing. Could have continued to play and see what happens. I've said before it's not always fair but winning means something to me at least. Putting up great numbers in the most pass friendly era in the leagues history doesn't automatically make you top 10 IMO. I'd really like to see people's top 10 WR list.

Facts
I like Greene's speech. Seems like a real down to earth, grateful dude.

He was one of the first great sack artists that I remember as a kid.
We talking Mean Joe? Don't get me started on his greatness

Plus Papa Joe is awesome off field, gentle giant now days
pimp.gif

Some of the Hogs are top ten

well all I know is, AB, julio and odell better accumulate some deep playoff wins and rings to even sniff the top 10..

right collector? 

Nothing. Could have continued to play and see what happens. I've said before it's not always fair but winning means something to me at least. Putting up great numbers in the most pass friendly era in the leagues history doesn't automatically make you top 10 IMO. I'd really like to see people's top 10 WR list.

Fair enough

I'm going to think hard about my top 10, see what I come up with

hardest part is receivers I never saw

When you brought up Kirk Cousin last 8 games in comparison to Matt Stafford's it confirmed you don't know what you are talking about.

Wait until week 7 and we'll see what's what. After the Lions lose I'm sure you'll say it was because our team was better. Not Matts fault. Stafford has been starting for years. Last year was Kirks first full 16 game season and he got us to the post season without a "top 10" all time WR.

Wait until week 7 and we'll see what's what. After the Lions lose I'm sure you'll say it was because our team was better. Not Matts fault. Stafford has been starting for years. Last year was Kirks first full 16 game season and he got us to the post season without a "top 10" all time WR.

And got embarrassed at home. Would have been better off not making it.

Let's make it $200

Last edited:
well all I know is, AB, julio and odell better accumulate some deep playoff wins and rings to even sniff the top 10..

right collector? 

Serious question. In your opinion does the playoffs mean anything? A player could honestly go 0-16 his whole career and be considered top 10 because his team sucked but he produced correct?

Barry Sanders,Bruce Matthews, Eric Dickerson,OJ Simpson, Earl Campbell, **** Butkus and Deacon Jones to name a few.

Pfft, those scrubs could never win or lead their teams to big games. They don't belong anywhere near any top 10 lists...

Last edited:
And got embarrassed at home. Would have been better off not making it.

No shame is losing to arguably the leagues best QB. Never said Kirk was top anything. Only during week 2 last year that he could be the best QB in his division for that season. He was. He's the reason we won the East.

BET THE 2 HUNDO CUH. OMG I can't wait until Lions week. The nerve of that franchises fans to talk like they ready for football. We are gonna punish them. HTTR

Lions got the Rams the week before us. Stafford may not even make it to week 7 after they D beats up on him.

Last edited:

right collector? 
Serious question. In your opinion does the playoffs mean anything? A player could honestly go 0-16 his whole career and be considered top 10 because his team sucked but he produced correct?
in CJ's case there's more to it than that. It's been reiterated many times in this thread. 

If you're not the QB you should not be judged on your teams performance in the regular season or playoffs.

Moss

Owens

Carter

Rice*

Harrison

Fitz

CJ

Bruce

Hines

Smith Sr. 

Wanted the list to be centered around players I remember watching. 

Idc about Rice's stat inflated 20 seasons, plus he admitted to using stickum. 

in CJ's case there's more to it than that. It's been reiterated many times in this thread. 

If you're not the QB you should not be judged on your teams performance in the regular season or playoffs.

Moss
Owens
Carter
Rice*
Harrison
Fitz
CJ
Bruce
Hines
Smith Sr. 

Wanted the list to be centered around players I remember watching. 

Idc about Rice's stat inflated 20 seasons, plus he admitted to using stickum. 

So your going off the eye test alone. If numbers mattered Andre Johnson is definitely top 10 worthy based off numbers and the fact he NEVER had a QB no different then CJ. In fact Stafford is better then those Texans QBs he played with. This is why I have a issue with how people rank players.

Being the Goat and surrounded by horrible management, a bad owner, the worst talent imaginable + no defense will do that to you.

View media item 2125411

Google has treated you well.
But you would have people believe you took that picture... [emoji]128521[/emoji]

I didn't live in South Florida at this time. :wink:

Oh you rascal.
I'm sure you flew someone in.

My QB would have gone after that fumble though.
Please your qb took a knee instead of spiking it to end the half and left 3 points on the board. He is a idiot. You will never see your franchise make a legit run for the SB again.

My QB would have gone after that fumble though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
And you such a groupie to throw salt at Cam, so happy I didn't hear much from you last year. Cam start off slow this year you will be the first saying I told y'all so. FOH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom