The greatest college football game that you have ever watched?

[h2]The Greatest Game Ever -- Seriously[/h2]
The Boise State-Oklahoma bowl game on New Year's Day has raised a simple question: Was that the greatest college football game ever?

with my own eyes from start to finish

USC VS texas title game
Boise state VS OU
Miami VS OSU title game

there is proably more but drawing blanks now

the only full game i've ever watched (obviously im not a cfb fan) is USC v Texas, and it was a damn good game.

USC vs Texas was by far the best overall game....

but the best ending had to be Oklahoma vs Boise St for sure

USC VS texas title game.

Watched every single minute of the game and what Vince Young did was just simply amazing.

on TV: Usc vs. Texas title game, Boise St.-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl, Cal-Oregon this year (biased of course)

in person: UCLA/Cal a few years back (Aaron Rodgers), honestly all the Cal games I've been to have been easy Cal wins other than against Oregon St. whenSteven Jackson ran over them

I was at the USC vs. Texas game, and even though we lost, it was a damn good game.

I would have to pick USC vs. Notre Dame in '05 as the greatest I've seen. 4th and 9 had all my friends and I jumping up and down and screaming.

i missed the OU/Boise St game last year because I was arguing with my ex
smh.gif
Gothome, turned on the tv, and saw the highlights on sprotcenter
alien.gif
But yes, the bestcollege football game I've ever watched is a toss up between the 3 OT Miami/OSU game back in 02 and USC/Texas game in 06.

1994 UF vs FSU the Choke at the Doke - Spurrier had a 28 point lead in the 4th quarter on The Noles. and Noles came back to tie.
1993 FSU vs UF - Charlie to Dunn GAME'D it
1991 Mich vs Notre Dame - Desmond Diving catch on 4th down, TD - GAME'D it

honorable mentions
1991 Orange Bowl 10 - 9 CU , Rocket Ismail GAME'd it with a 90 yard Punt return with like 30 secods left, but the punk*!%% rafs called a phantom block inthe back
1999 Sugar Bowl FSU vs Va Tech - Vick vs PDubya only because that was 2 of the best individual performances I ever seen by opposing players on opposing teams

Boise St. vs. Oklahoma was a horrible game until the final 5 minutes and overtime. Alright, it was good at first seeing Boise St. come out strong and giveOklahoma a punch in the mouth letting them know they were for real but then they absolutely dominated the first half and the Sooners looked pathetic. Hardlyexciting.

Texas vs. USC was great from start to finish. Classic battle with the perfect setting in the classic Rose Bowl stadium. That gave it bonus points right there.Lived up to the hype plus all the talent in that game was
eek.gif

1999 sugar bowl PDub went off
in person FSU Miami mainly cause this hit made the loss and rain bearable

On TV: USC vs. Texas - nothing could ever compare

In person: WSU vs. USC in 2002 - OT win for WSU on a field goal after Rien Long dominated USC's offensive line on their OT series

Either:

USC vs. Texas or Notre Dame vs. USC that same year. When they came out in the green jerseys I was SO hyped. Dwayne Jarret on 4th down then the end zone push
mad.gif

USC vs Notre Dame Bush Push
mad.gif

USC vs Texas, man that was a good year.
Miami vs OSU Title Game, Clarett with the huge strip.
pimp.gif

i could very well be biased considering I go to TX, but that game vs SC was by far the best game I've ever seen. The Ohio State game was also pretty goodthat year. that FSU FLA that gunna mentioned earlier also sticks out in my mind

USC vs Texas - rose bowl
pimp.gif

Oklahoma vs Boise st - tostitos bowl
pimp.gif

Notre Dame vs USC - Matt lienart sneak bush push
roll.gif

Maybe every Ohio St vs Michigan Game - Woodson Vs Boston good game right there
smokin.gif

Army vs Navy Games
smokin.gif

thats all i can think of.

In person - Akron at Miami in 2001 when Ben threw a 70 yard hail mary to win the game. Amazing, his first year starting.

miamiOH_ben_roethlisberger_trans.gif

USC vs Texas and Miami vs tOSU, even though both ended contrary to my tastes...

Back
Top Bottom