The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

Man Barry is about to be drowning in Iris' ocean when he wanted to propose.. Might as well be.

Agreed, she was dripping wet when she figured it was Barry.

:lol:

She's such a thot. Not even wanting to be with Barry until she found out he was the Flash in both timelines. He won't care anyway but she has that groupie love.

So I guess iris wasn't mad at eddie anymore after realizing how stupid she was.

Cavanagh had some pretty decent runs in TV shows in the early 2000s.

Hope they find a way to keep him on. It'll be tough if they're reintroducing the real Eobard as the real Wells is dead.

I think today when he talked about working with them and liking it, and knowing how Barry doesn't kill anyone, I think they find a way to keep Wells around somehow separating him from Thawne and then use him as  a good guy

There's nothing to separate. He killed the real Wells 15 years ago. thawne just took his looks and took over his life. Maybe thawne will be able to look like himself again now.

If the shapshifter can only look like another person and not absorb their powers, how was he able to vibrate his hand and how did he even get past the force field??

If the shapshifter can only look like another person and not absorb their powers, how was he able to vibrate his hand and how did he even get past the force field??

Vibrating hand was probably an overlook.

He's not a speedster so he can safely step through the Force field.

Already deleted it off my DVR, but I'm pretty sure he didn't vibrate his hand. Just raised it up acting like he was going to.

Last edited:
The shapeshifter definitely vibrated his hand but I believe he can mimic powers as well. Last week he was moving at super speed in his final showdown with Barry which prompted Barry to say how much faster he has gotten.

He didn't vibrate his hand. He wasn't moving at super speed either. Wells specifically said Barry didn't have to worry about his powers towards the end of the episode.

Go re-watch the end of the episode. Him and Barry were battling it out at super speed which prompted Barry to go even faster.

I think you're the one that needs to re watch it. Wells told him near the end of the episode that he didn't need to worry about Hannibal touching him because he couldn't copy his power. When they fought Barry was throwing him around the room then started hitting him with lightning punches. His hand didn't vibrate at all in this most recent episode either.

Yeah, hannibal turned into the flash in a previous episode and didn't have his speed so why would he have wells' speed in this episode. I remember him just putting up his hand like he was going to karate chop cisco.

Yea they specifically stated the shapeshifter couldn't absorb powers the episode last week

Barry was fighting at super speed and the shapeshifter was overwhelmed towards the end... tbh Barry should've put him down much faster though

Haven't watched last night so I can't weigh in on that yet

Last edited:
But doesn't Dr. Well's powers come from that thing he puts on his chest? Couldn't he have charged old boy up with the powers for a limited time to make it look more convincing?

Last edited:
watched it again he didnt vibrate his hand just held it up and next to the cisco's chest

But doesn't Dr. Well's powers come from that thing he puts on his chest? Couldn't he have charged old boy up with the powers for a limited time to make it look more convincing?

i don't know maybe wells has seen this timeline before and knew this would happen. like he knew west was going to shoot him that why the shapeshifter never confessed

This has been in the back of my mind, especially during this episode. So of everyone, he's the only one to be having flashbacks to remnants of a presumably deleted timeline?

Defies logic. If the timeline has ceased to exist, or his traveling back caused a separate time stream branching off of the one he originally came from, how on Earth could he still have the memories?

I guess in the sake of moving the plot forward we're suppose to have overlooked that.
My take on how the show is presenting time travel is that there are various timelines (a new one created each time a speedster goes back in time) that are running parallel to each other with some overlap I guess.  That would explain why Cisco was having the dreams of the events from what should have been a deleted timeline.

That being said..here's the major time travel paradox for me with the show:

We know that Reverse Flash went back in time to kill Barry, but ended up killing his mom instead.  Reverse Flash got stuck in the past, and then assumed Wells' identity in that timeline and developed the particle accelerator in order to eventually make Barry into the Flash 15 or so years later.

1) What happened to the future Barry that was fighting Reverse Flash when his mom died?  According to the newspaper article from 2024, the Flash is still missing in the future.

2) Before the Reverse Flash ever went back in time and killed Barry's mom, he along with the Flash already existed in the future.  How did THAT Flash come to be?  There had to have been an original timeline where Barry became the Flash (through whatever means) and the Reverse Flash became his enemy.  The two of them go back in time which resulted in the the death of Barry's mom.

Wells said in an episode that with time travel, what is meant to happen, happens anyway and if you try to prevent it, something worse usually ends up happening. The question the show will have to answer is why doesn't Wells just let whatever happened in his old timeline to turn Barry into The Flash, happen? I'm guessing it's because whatever caused that brought some sort of tragedy to Wells' life.

Last edited:
Wells' did the exact thing that created the flash in his timeline. He just does it sooner. In the episode that thawne kills wells he explains that.

Just like Barry generates the extra-dimensional Speed Force energy when he runs, Wells (Thawne) generates the negative speed force when he runs.

They kind of explained it in the "Who is Dr. Wells?" episode, but somehow when Thawne went back in time and fought Barry he was somehow severed from the negative speed force.

I assume that device somehow collects NSF energy and supplies it to his body.

This has been in the back of my mind, especially during this episode. So of everyone, he's the only one to be having flashbacks to remnants of a presumably deleted timeline?

Defies logic. If the timeline has ceased to exist, or his traveling back caused a separate time stream branching off of the one he originally came from, how on Earth could he still have the memories?

I guess in the sake of moving the plot forward we're suppose to have overlooked that.
My take on how the show is presenting time travel is that there are various timelines (a new one created each time a speedster goes back in time) that are running parallel to each other with some overlap I guess.  That would explain why Cisco was having the dreams of the events from what should have been a deleted timeline.

We know that Reverse Flash went back in time to kill Barry, but ended up killing his mom instead.  Reverse Flash got stuck in the past, and then assumed Wells' identity in that timeline and developed the particle accelerator in order to eventually make Barry into the Flash 15 or so years later.

1) What happened to the future Barry that was fighting Reverse Flash when his mom died?  According to the newspaper article from 2024, the Flash is still missing in the future.

2) Before the Reverse Flash ever went back in time and killed Barry's mom, he along with the Flash already existed in the future.  How did THAT Flash come to be?  There had to have been an original timeline where Barry became the Flash (through whatever means) and the Reverse Flash became his enemy.  The two of them go back in time which resulted in the the death of Barry's mom.
Wouldn't that give him insight into all other realities of his existence as well then if he was capable of having flashbacks from a completely different dimension?

Again, this is why I don't like time travel. I truly feel like no one ever pulls it off logically
laugh.gif

Barry may have also been trapped, but im pretty sure I remember Flash disappearing back through time when he finished fighting Thawne. Just as well, future Barry was running alongside present Barry a few episodes back, and if he can do that I don't see why he wouldn't be able to return to his time.

For the second part, I have not the slightest clue lol. Maybe they're operating under the premise of Eternalism (past, present, future all happen simultaneously)? Hard to really look into the future with this show as everything is usually left incredibly vague.

Cisco still having memories from that erased timeline didn't make sense .

The only thing I could think of is if they give him his Vibe powers from the comics or kinda reveal he always had them but I never looked in to the character much so I don't know if they deal a lot with time powers or w/e that could explain him remembering.

Personally never even heard of Vibe and I know a decent amount of DC comics characters.

This is why I don't like time travel.
The only reason I even have the slightest idea who Vibe is is cuz last year or 2 years ago DC was making a huge deal about this Vibe book they were launching and it was right around the time I gave up on reading JL of America. They were gonna add Vibe to that team.

The only reason I even connect it to Cisco is cuz somebody in this thread made me aware that his name is the same name as Vibe in the comics :lol: Only other thing I know about dude is he was originally like a gimmick joke of a hero that was a dancer.

Already deleted it off my DVR, but I'm pretty sure he didn't vibrate his hand. Just raised it up acting like he was going to.
Yeah this.

When I watched I specifically didn't see him vibrate his hand. I bet Thawne/Wells just told him what to do. The dude can not mimic powers. If he could Barry would've died trying to catch him in that airport.
I thought he was using that thing to conserve speed energy and steal some of Barry's in order to have enough to travel back to the future. If you go back to the ep with the flashbacks, before he came up with the plan to kill Wells he was talking to Gideon about him no longer having the speed to go back to his time. I don't think the device makes the person wearing it a speedster.

I've had my own ideas and theories about his machine looking in to the future but they haven't fully explained how time travel works yet so I hold back on saying things don't make sense. Like for instance he's already created a new timeline so the future he's looking in to could be a completely different one where that future Flash disappears for a different reason. He's sort of assuming he's on the same path to the original timeline he comes from.

For the first question though, they're clearly leaving it a mystery. That future Barry could be anywhere. He could be in disguise in the same timeline watching everything go down but choosing not to interfere. He could've lost his powers too and in those 15 years just died. He could've ended up traveling to a completely other alt universe. He could've went back to his timeline and go back to being a hero (although I don't know why he'd leave Thawne in his past unless he knew it had to happen that way but that's a time paradox/loop) and the future Thawne is looking at where the Flash has disappeared is a different timeline like I already said. He could've also went back to his timeline but maybe went off world or is in hiding from some other threat. There's endless possibilities.

Thawne himself has said that he's changed history. So for your 2nd question, he already mentioned that Wells and his wife came to the city and in some time in the 2020s create the particle accelerator. So it's possible in the original timelilne, Barry becomes Flash and faces all of his villains a few years from now. Thawne has accelerated events, hence him changing the future but that doesn't mean that it doesn't end up with future Flash facing off against future/past Thawne and them eventually going back in time to start these events all over again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom