The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

That's cool. Would be a better easter egg if the tv shows were connected to the movies.

Each god can represent each member of the JL. Zeus = Supes, Mercury = Flash, Poseidon = Aquaman, Hera = WW, Eros = GA, Ares = Batman, H ephaestus = Cyborg or GL(?)

Plus the big JUSTICE sign, which is actually the name of Alex Ross graphic novel about the JL. There's another one called Liberty & Justice also by Alex Ross and the amazing Paul Dini.

Nice start to this episode.

- Gideon, the operating system, said to Barry: "You are the founding member of.." --> Nice reference to JL there
laugh.gif

- Gideon created by Barry

- Iris will be the reason why Eddie turns heel

Last edited:
Welp... Should probably not peep this thread till I catch the ep on Kodi.

Sounds like im in for some surprises
smokin.gif

Man, not sure if they can end all of this in the last 2-3 episodes. Hope they don't leave a cliff hanger like Arrow season 1/2.

The ep started good with all this stuff with Gideon but then after I thought it was gonna be another lame ep but it turned out to be really good.

Man did they did panic, stall and be silent, and ask some dumb questions to Gideon. They could've known Eobard was watching them the whole time with the right questions :smh:

Cisco still having memories from that erased timeline didn't make sense but I guess they needed to pad for time and set up the nonsensical plan to get a confession. Dudes obviously need a lawyer in their inner circle cuz a confession from Wells who is really Eobard Thawne isn't enough to free Barry's dad from prison. Not to mention his super powers which means he couldn't be caught by the police or kept in their prisons. They should've worked on a way of containing him.

Anyway, that was a great fakeout with the shapeshifter. Makes that filler ep mean nothing and a little something at the same time.

I liked how they did hype up by hinting Barry's future successes. Captain of the CSI dept. I didn't see him being the creator of an A.I. coming at all though. I know Barry's smart in the comics but not a genius and that he created Gideon is wild. They should do better at showing that in future eps.

Man, not sure if they can end all of this in the last 2-3 episodes. Hope they don't leave a cliff hanger like Arrow season 1/2.
I think a cliff hanger at the end of the season let's them get away with either continuing that storyline right away or go away from it at the beginning of season 2. Either way, I think now that Wells is revealed, they are going to keep Tom Cavanagh around but also use the "actual" Eobard guy too

I think a cliff hanger at the end of the season let's them get away with either continuing that storyline right away or go away from it at the beginning of season 2. Either way, I think now that Wells is revealed, they are going to keep Tom Cavanagh around but also use the "actual" Eobard guy too
Cavanagh had some pretty decent runs in TV shows in the early 2000s.

Hope they find a way to keep him on. It'll be tough if they're reintroducing the real Eobard as the real Wells is dead.

Hope they find a way to keep him on. It'll be tough if they're reintroducing the real Eobard as the real Wells is dead.
I think today when he talked about working with them and liking it, and knowing how Barry doesn't kill anyone, I think they find a way to keep Wells around somehow separating him from Thawne and then use him as  a good guy

The ep started good with all this stuff with Gideon but then after I thought it was gonna be another lame ep but it turned out to be really good.

Man did they did panic, stall and be silent, and ask some dumb questions to Gideon. They could've known Eobard was watching them the whole time with the right questions
mean.gif

Cisco still having memories from that erased timeline didn't make sense but I guess they needed to pad for time and set up the nonsensical plan to get a confession. Dudes obviously need a lawyer in their inner circle cuz a confession from Wells who is really Eobard Thawne isn't enough to free Barry's dad from prison. Not to mention his super powers which means he couldn't be caught by the police or kept in their prisons. They should've worked on a way of containing him.

Anyway, that was a great fakeout with the shapeshifter. Makes that filler ep mean nothing and a little something at the same time.

I liked how they did hype up by hinting Barry's future successes. Captain of the CSI dept. I didn't see him being the creator of an A.I. coming at all though. I know Barry's smart in the comics but not a genius and that he created Gideon is wild. They should do better at showing that in future eps.
This has been in the back of my mind, especially during this episode. So of everyone, he's the only one to be having flashbacks to remnants of a presumably deleted timeline?

Defies logic. If the timeline has ceased to exist, or his traveling back caused a separate time stream branching off of the one he originally came from, how on Earth could he still have the memories?

I guess in the sake of moving the plot forward we're suppose to have overlooked that.

To reply to the rest though, I agree. If Barry is going to be created an advanced AI I feel like Cisco and Kaitlyn shouldn't be his intellectual crutches as much as they've shown.

Agreed. Cavanaugh is an incredible actor and the show wouldn't even be the same if he left it, especially for the actor that was playing Eobard
sick.gif
(no offense fam)

Wells resurrection? Time travel to prevent Wells from drained? Find a way. Won't eem be mad if the explanation is half-baked.

Probably the most likeable villain in recent TV history imo.

Also, Iris cat when she got that last minute touch on B-Gawd:

tumblr_m4lhyorPQR1qdyxtgo1_500.gif

Notice that Zoom has completely removed Eddie from the scene now...... Barry is about to crash those walls harder than '07 Wayne.

Last edited:
Cisco still having memories from that erased timeline didn't make sense .

This has been in the back of my mind, especially during this episode. So of everyone, he's the only one to be having flashbacks to remnants of a presumably deleted timeline?

Defies logic. If the timeline has ceased to exist, or his traveling back caused a separate time stream branching off of the one he originally came from, how on Earth could he still have the memories?

I guess in the sake of moving the plot forward we're suppose to have overlooked that.
The only thing I could think of is if they give him his Vibe powers from the comics or kinda reveal he always had them but I never looked in to the character much so I don't know if they deal a lot with time powers or w/e that could explain him remembering.

Last edited:

Cisco still having memories from that erased timeline didn't make sense .

The only thing I could think of is if they give him his Vibe powers from the comics or kinda reveal he always had them but I never looked in to the character much so I don't know if they deal a lot with time powers or w/e that could explain him remembering.
Personally never even heard of Vibe and I know a decent amount of DC comics characters.

This is why I don't like time travel.

Notice that Zoom has completely removed Eddie from the scene now...... Barry is about to crash those walls harder than '07 Wayne.
Eddie's not exactly dead yet.
laugh.gif
Man Barry is about to be drowning in Iris' ocean when he wanted to propose.. Might as well be.

Vibe is from the time when DC tried to introduce a bunch of cool minority heroes in the 80's. Vibe was a BBoy

DC Nation did an animated short on him a while back

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom